• Phantom Hornet
    I have Davis as a 4 pt. favorite purely based on history. Sac State always comes into this game over-amped and makes at least 4-5 bonehead plays (i tell myself it's because we care more), regardless of talent level. Sac's biggest issue is the Davis mystique and real estate they own in our heads...and Doss, he's pretty good, too.
  • DrMike
    phantom you sound like my sac state grad son. He’s still irate about a triple reverse pass into quadruple cover in 2012 (I think) after an Aggie turnover. Changed the whole momentum of the game. We’ll see this time. We haven’t held our composure very well this year in big games beside EWU
  • Phantom Hornet
    That is a rough one....still hurts. I think Sac State was up 13-0 right out of the gate at the time, looked like they were gonna cruise and that turnover gave Davis life on a ridiculous play call. Then it started pouring and neither team could move the ball. Sac lost the game late in the fourth when our punt returner tried to field the ball inside the 10 in the rain and sleet nursing a one-point lead and predictably fumbled it.
  • DrMike
    I think that was another game. Agalum might remember better. My two sons, an ag and a hornet, and spouses were in our box that day. Sunny day. Pretty sure that was 2012. Monsoon wax 2010
  • Phantom Hornet
    You're probably right....so many have happened they get scrambled in my brain.
  • NCagalum

and "Gluten served here." Their hot dogs are better than the ones at Dobbins Stadium too. Our possible collective German ancestors would be appalled !

Zwei bratwurst bitte.
  • movielover
    60 degrees at gametime, 0-1% chance of rain.
  • agalum
    I think that was another game. Agalum might remember better. My two sons, an ag and a hornet, and spouses were in our box that day. Sunny day. Pretty sure that was 2012. Monsoon wax 2010

I think we were up by two possessions when the sac kicker blundered. Regardless, the rain worked to our advantage in that game. I was totally soaked in spite of decent rain gear.
  • movielover
    Lot 7, tickets at Slack $25?

Is their beer selection good?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    But why can't I be mad about Chris Carter's catch call in 2009 at Hornet Stadium?
  • agalum
    Lot 7, tickets at Slack $25?
    I bought mine today. What a rip off for general admission. We need to return the favor next year.
    I think we are going to shoot for lot 10, less congested. We did 7 two years ago. You need to get there real early to secure a site.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That was probably the worst call I've ever seen in a Causeway Classic and it stopped the Aggies final drive dead in its tracks when the Ags were moving down the field. It was hard to believe that the side judge missed that call because it really wasn't close. Carter clearly made a remarkable catch in control and inbounds. As calm a demeanor that Coach Biggs had, he was furious.

No one on either side wants to see the game dramatically influenced by a obvious missed call and that one was as egregious as it gets.
  • aggie6thman
    With video replay I hope a call THAT bad won't stand again.
  • movielover
    Speaking of coaches, how are Biggs and Swimley?

I wonder if O'Brien will ever coach again?
  • Zander
    2012 was not the downpour of legend, though I think it did drizzle slightly. That was the weird game where the Ags stayed in it with only one offensive TD but had almost every variation of a special teams score
  • Zander
    Coming out flat again...
  • Zander
    Turning this game off. If we lose this we'll have fewer wins against scholarship programs than Gould's first season and no Causeway trophy to show for the year.

This is not what a good program looks like.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The only question is whether this will be the worst beat down of the Ags by Sac in Causeway history. It's really no contest.
  • agalum
    How about throwing to Doss?
  • movielover
    They could drop 65 on us. Almost 400 yards offense. Another special teams flub, why don't we try someone new?

Been trying to watch the line play. Haven't seen either of our LGs, backup center Firoozi is playing there. We can't shut down the QB keeper.
  • agalum
    Special teams and giving up big plays. Come on hawk!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Hornets are on pace to score 76 points and put up 800 yards on the Ags...holy crap!
  • aggies07
    and Dan is the best coach we can get for this team. Smh
  • Zander
    And Doss is the best receiver in the country, or close enough for our purposes. And Maier is a top-10 QB. And... etc. There are too many stars aligning this season to justify 5 wins, or maybe even 6. We're not going to have talent and experience like this on the staff and roster every year.

I am very pessimistic about the future of this program right now, I'm not going to lie.
  • aggies07
    probably avg 30% attendance at home next season and Hawkins last year will have vote on the fate of the football program
  • aggies07
    72 yards TD by Hornets
    D coordinator should be let go before the end of the game
  • Goags20172
    Wow, you guys sure get really down on the team fast ! So much doom and gloom, especially from the young ones... reminds me of me on the baseball board before I was forced to take a chill pill. I'd offer you guys one, but they're prescription opioids :D
  • movielover
    Ags TD.

Zander, step off the ledge ... most said they would be thrilled w 5 wins, which is what we have. All DI wins. Gould averaged 1.65 DI wins past 3 years. And we have Maier and most of our receiving corps for at least 2 years. ... D needs to make big strides.

Tehran Thomas with some big runs!
  • Aggie57
    Is this game over? Let’s go D
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!