• agalum
    Got to remember slo is on the map of the playoff committee , running up the score will make a statement
  • Zander
    Gotta get the margin of victory higher than NDSU's over the same team
  • Zander
    That was a joke, mostly

... though a man can dream
  • CA Forever
    Aggies end the game with 0 penalties?!?! AGGIES WIN!
  • Kerberos
    More like going for the autopsy. Maier holding that ball until the last second under pressure and throwing a long bomb to a double covered Doss... If that had resulted in an injury, it would have been devastating.
  • SloStang
    Congrats on a nice win. Two programs going in completely different directions. Good luck the rest of the year and represent the Big Sky well in the playoffs.
  • CA Forever
    Thanks Slo. As much as I like stomping you guys, I really do truly hope that you guys can find a way to ditch Walsh. He gives me flashbacks to the Gould Era here. You guys deserve a coach that will at least put you in winnable situations.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks SloStang...we've been the one's watching Poly roll while we were backpedaling for a long time...

I hate to say it but after watching your offensive play calling, I think you guys need a new head coach. That FB dive into the center of the line gets old. I couldn't believe Poly was running that over and over and getting stuffed over and over when the game was not yet out of hand. Totally uncreative and predictable...
  • CA Forever
    Protheroe ran the ball 33 times tonight... 33 times. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't gotten injured this season. Triple option or not, that is a lot of beating one player is taking.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The stats were not overwhelming for the Aggies:

Total yards: Aggies 432 Poly 352

Maier 17-33 for 200 yards and 5 TD's

Rushing: Ags 26 rushes for 232 = 8.9 per rush
    Poly: 75 rushes for 304 = 4.8 per rush

Tehran Thomas 9 rushes for 101
    Ulonzo Gilliam 10 rushes for 95

Joe Protheroe 33 rushes for 147
  • Zander
    Interesting that the stats are so close-ish compared to the scoreline. Then again, the Stanford game was kind of like that too in favor of the Cardinal.
  • zythe
    Does this game get a name too?
  • zythe
    Should we call it the “Cal Poly is better than most UC’s” game?
  • AggieFinn

First Class SLO. I know Koski's dad, that kid has had a rough career W/L-wise, gold lining, gonna get a degree from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, still doing pretty good.

R6n5yvZ.gif
  • 69aggie
    The no penalties thing is amazing. Is it some kind of record? The poly guys were saying that wwe were paying “very clean” football,i.e. very fast, clean, efficient football. I have never seen a no penalty football game in my life!
  • movielover
    Paying football is never clean. /js

If we got out of this with no injuries, amazing. ... now Montana?
  • SloStang
    Davis is a complete team. Montana has holes. Should be an Aggie win.
  • 69aggie
    I don’t know movie, its what they said, the Poly guys said, not our guys. No penalties in a rivalry game away? I have never heard of such a thing happening; but am a history freak. I get it though, no stats are ever recorded for this type of “odd” statistic. I will say it was the result of the players being very disciplined and focused. I don’t buy that they were just lucky to not get caught. IMHO just an interesting statistic.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The no penalties thing is amazing. Is it some kind of record?

If it's not a record then it at least ties the record... :yikes:
  • eastbayaggie
    How quickly can i watch a replay of this game? Will the replay be on BigSky TV or Pluto?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Big Sky TV but I'm not sure how soon it will be up.
  • Russ Bowlus

"Remember, you can only ever tie the record for lowest flight."
  • movielover
    Paying / playing...

SFO to Spokane, Fri- Sun $220. AirBnB, $30 / night.
  • agalum
    I got a flight out of smf on SWA. It was about $300. Paying that tonight for my hotel. Rooms are expensive in this neighborhood
  • BlueGoldAg
    $300...whoa... :yikes:
  • Zander
    Aggies basically clinched a winning season at this point!

Some serious chaos would have to occur in the 6-6 lose-out-and-make-playoffs scenario
  • agalum
    well, a little less but not much. Heck, motel 6 was $170!
  • movielover
    Where? SLO or Spokane? EW is off season, I'm guessing no parents weekend. ...

I wonder what downtown Cheney is like? Davis, circa 1950? (Population 10,000.)
  • agalum
    i am in Arryo Grande, a little less then slo and close to the airport
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!