Aggies 75 Hawai'i 63
    Fullerton 76 Long Beach 71
    Bakersfield 70 San Diego 57
    Irvine 89 CSUN 64
    Santa Barbara 83 Cal Poly 75

Current standings:

gqkdbwp37mevw0o5.png
  • Toke69
    Did I hear Scott Marsh say that Long Beach had two key players out tonight?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I looked at the box score and Marcus Tsohonis did not play and he's their leading scorer at 17.1 ppg. I didn't see any other key players out for them.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags don't play this coming Saturday but here's the schedule for the rest of the teams:

Long Beach @ Irvine
    Hawai'i @ Riverside
    San Diego @ CSUN
    Santa Barbara @ Fullerton
    Bakersfield @ Cal Poly
  • Toke69
    So we need to root for the Anteaters on Saturday then hope that the Aggies can at least split their last two road games (or that the Beach loses to both UCI and UCSB). If Pepper is back on track, I'm optimistic.
  • eastbayaggie
    It looks like there's a decent chance Long Beach will play against UC Davis in the semi finals regardless on who gets the #2 seed.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I just saw that a 3star recruit that had committed to cal poly reopened his recruitment. He probably knew the change in coaching was coming.
  • abridge
    The UCI - Long Beach game will be on ESPN2 tonight at 7:00 PM
  • DrMike
    Irvine wins big. We have to lose twice and the beach win twice for them to pass us.

I think I’m going to Henderson!
  • BlueGoldAg
    3/02 Scores:

Irvine 82 Long Beach 61
    Hawai'i 76 Riverside 73 in OT
    San Diego 79 CSUN 69
    Fullerton 79 Santa Barbara 70
    Bakersfield 68 Cal Poly 56

Current standings:

818a6cv71a8t63mr.png
  • Toke69
    Unfortunately, one Beach win and one UCD loss could happen at the same time. Meanwhile, CSULB plays a still struggling UCSB at home while the Ags have to travel to both San Diego and Long Beach. If I were a betting man, I'd say the odds are long on us getting the 2 seed. On the other hand, if the Ags bring their A game I wouldn't be surprised to see a SoCal sweep.
  • DrMike
    I agree with your points.

I think that Beach loss turned into 2 - a hangover vs. Riverside two days later. Win that one, and this road trip doesn’t matter. Oh well
  • BlueGoldAg
    Irvine has clinched the #1 seed but there's a lot of possibilities for the remaining seeding depending on the outcomes in the final two games. Here's the schedule for the final week:

Irvine (15-3):
    Th - Cal Poly
    Sa - @ Fullerton

San Diego (14-4):
    Th - Davis
    Sa - Cal Poly

Aggies (12-6):
    Th - @ San Diego
    Sa - @ Long Beach

Long Beach (10-8):
    Th - Santa Barbara
    Sa - Aggies

Hawai'i (9-9):
    Wed - CSUN
    Sa - Bakersfield

CSUN (9-10):
    Wed - @ Hawai'i

Santa Barbara (8-10):
    Th - @ Long Beach
    Sa - Riverside

Riverside (8-10):
    Th - Fullerton
    Sa - @ Santa Barbara

Bakersfield (8-11):
    Sa - @ Hawai'i

Fullerton (7-11):
    Th - @ Riverside
    Sa - Irvine

Cal Poly (0-18):
    Th - @ Irvine
    Sa - @ San Diego
  • DrMike
    Poly will almost certainly go 0-20. Ouch
  • Toke69
    Poly will have lost 38 consecutive Big West games. I wonder what the Division 1 record is for any school in any conference in that regard? I couldn't find it on the internet, only that Towson State has the longest overall losing streak: 41.
  • eastbayaggie
    Well... That's 38 consecutive regular Big West season games. I think they won one playoff game.
  • DrMike
    I watched a bit of the Irvine game - they are really good. The are deeper than any other team, and have a variety of ways to score. Add in the fact that they play tough and smart, and it’s clear why they are at the top of the league. Still surprising that we beat them AND barely lost down there.
  • Toke69
    I can't remember if the Big West Tournament is only on ESPN+ or will be televised on something like ESPNU. Anybody know?
  • DrMike
    in the past, at least the championship game was on one of the broadcast ESPN channels. Possibly one of the semi’s also
  • DrMike
    We really need to be the biggest Gaucho fans around tomorrow night, just in case the Ags can't pull the upset in San Diego. That 3:00 tip off Saturday will coincide with my drive up to Davis for the Spring Game -> radio broadcast might be too much of a distraction when I'm driving the backroads through Antioch/Rio Vista/Dixon!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Per a Big West announcement, the two men's semifinal games will be on ESPNU, and the championship game on ESPN2.

https://bigwest.org/news/2023/10/3/mens-basketball-the-big-west-announces-espn-basketball-schedule.aspx
  • agalum
    The last 5 games both the Gauchos and beach are are 2-3. The Gauchos beat beach at home 85-76 in January. This time around they’ll be playing in LB. It looks to me that beach will have a slight edge.
  • BlueGoldAg
    3/06 game:

Hawai'i 72 CSUN 70
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I know this isn’t a big west score but just to note, Pepperdine beat Pacific 102-43, after being ahead 56-9 at half. Tough year for the Tigers
  • DrMike
    Pepperdine is struggling also. Just fired Romar. WCC teams might hesitate to schedule us; lose and get fired!

UOP is in a horrible state right now
  • BlueGoldAg
    Pepperdine led 26-0 at the start of the game...yikes!
  • agalum
    37-28 Gauchos at half
  • agalum
    And the Gauchos win over beach 76-74
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!