• 72Aggie
    Aggies start the athletic year on the right foot with a 3-1 home victory over Slack in women's soccer this evening.

Next event is volleyball on Sept. 3 at Davis.
  • 72Aggie
    UCD 3 -CSUS 1 (20-25, 25-19, 25-11, 25-14)

Causeway Cup score UCD 10, CSUS 0

Next events are Men's Soccer, either September 29 (UCD website) or November 2 (CSUS and Big West websites) @ Davis and Oct. 5 @ Sacramento
  • 72Aggie
    Davis website changed to show next match vs. Sac on Oct. 5th.
  • 72Aggie
    Men's soccer defeated Sac 2-1 in OT.

Causeway running score is now UCD 12.5, CSUS 0.

Next up is return men's soccer match at home on November 2.

As of this morning (10-6) our Causeway cup website is wrong on the schedule and the points, but then CSUS has not updated their site iin two years.
  • 72Aggie
    Age defeat Sac 1-0 in men’s soccer to assure at least a co-championship of the Big West regular season championship and 2.5 more points in the Causeway Cup. Running score is UCD 15, Sac 0. Next event is men’s and women’s cross country to be decided at NCAA West regionals on Nov. 15.
  • 72Aggie
    UCD women placed 8th and the men 19th at the NCAA West Cross Country regionals in Colfax, WA, today. CSUS men finished 24th and CSUS women finished 25th. “Running” (Ha!) score is now UCD 25, CSUS 0. Next event is men's basketball.
  • 72Aggie
    Men's basketball: CSUS 61, UCD 51
    Overall score: UCD 25, CSUS 5
    Next event: Football Nov. 23.

The less said, the better.
  • 72Aggie
    Football: CSUS 27, UCD 17
    Overall score: UCD 25, CSUS 10
    Next event (and last event of the calendar year and fall quarter: Women's Basketball, Nov. 26.
  • 72Aggie
    Women's basketball: UCD 77, CSUS 75 (2OT)
    Overall Causeway score: UCD 30, CSUS 10
    End the year and the fall quarter on a better note. Next up....??? Gymnastic teams meet several times, or are in tournaments together, but unclear which if any will count towards Causeway Cup points.
  • 72Aggie
    Ags defeated Hornets, 191.825 - 191.175, in gymnastics this afternoon in a meet at Sacramento. (BUT THE MEET DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE CAUSEWAY CUP) Running score in the Causeway Cup is 32.5-10. REMAINS 30-10

SEE CORRECTION BELOW
  • 72Aggie
    A correction is in order. An earlier news release stated that the Causeway Cup meets for gymnastics would be January 5 at Sacramento and January 24th in Davis. (https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2020/1/2/womens-gymnastics-uc-davis-gymnastics-opens-at-sac-state.aspx)

A more recent release (https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2020/1/20/womens-gymnastics-uc-davis-returns-home-for-friday-quad-meet.aspx) and the Causeway Cup webpage (https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/2019/8/9/2019-20-causeway-cup.aspx) say that the Cup points will be determined at the quadrangular meet in Davis on the 24th and at a dual meet in Sacramento on March 7th.

So we are at square one, with no gymnastic points awarded and the running score is 30-10. The Ags and Hornets will compete against each other at least six times this season. In two meetings thus far the Ags have defeated the Hornets both times.
  • 72Aggie
    Order is restored and my OCD is in remission, Ags placed second in a quadrangular meet last night with 192.975 points while Sac placed third with 192.675. That gives UCD 2.5 points in the Causeway Cup to make the running score 32.5-10. Next schedule event, (I think,) is softball at Sacramento on February 26th.
  • 72Aggie
    Sac defeated the Aggies, 4-3, in a softball game at Sacramento today. Running score is now UCD 32.5, Sac 12.5. Next event is women's golf at the Gunrock Invitational to be played this coming Monday and Tuesday, March 2-3, at Del Paso CC in Sacramento. That will be the first of two women's golf meetings this season.

The return match of the home and away softball competition will be Tueday, March 3rd, in Davis.

The return match of the home and away gymnastics competition will be Friday, March 7th, in Sacramento.

7.5 points up for grabs next week.

Go Ags!
  • 72Aggie
    Aggie women golfers are in fourth with 619 strokes after 36 holes in the first day of their own Gunrock Classic at Del Paso Country Club in Sacramento. Sac is in second with a score of 609. Windy weather was a factor as the Ag were the leaders after the first round, but struggled in the second. Action concludes with 18 holes tomorrow.

Also tomorrow the women host Sac in the home leg of this year’s softball competition.

Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    tough day in the cup; softball and women's golf both lost.
  • 72Aggie
    One of those days for the Aggie women. Golf finished 5th in their own tournament with 918 storkes while Sac finished 2nd with 897. Ags had a terrible second round, but to be fair Sac beat Davis in each of the three rounds. In softball Sac won 4-1. Running score is now UCD 32.5, CSUS 17.5. Next event is gymnastics this Saturday evening.

GO AGS!
  • 72Aggie
    Aggies defeated Sac in gymnastics tonight, winning every event, in route to a final score of 194.875 to 194.225. Running score is now 35-17.5. Next event is beach volleyball at a meet in San Jose on March 21st.
  • 72Aggie
    Being the clumsy oaf that I am I have never figured out gymnastics, but I have admired it from a safe distance. While there is truly a lot of athleticism involved it is always a little hard to follow sports that rely on judgements rather than speed, distance, goals scored....(gymnastics, figure skating, diving, synchronized swimming....)

Having that as a background, I always wonder how gymnasts can compete for an hour or so, and in the end the winner is decided by something like .650 points. Then again in the Winter Olympic sledding events the participants race down a groove of ice several times and in the end the difference between a gold medal and no medal may be a couple of nano-seconds.

With that, Happy Daylight Savings Time! I lose an hour and I waste my time on thoughts like this.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!