Time management.
  • CA Forever
    Holding killed us
  • agalum
    I cant believe we went for 4 and 17
  • movielover
    Where's TE Castles?
  • NCagalum
    I understand switching quarterbacks, but I think we need more of a passing game second half.
  • agalum
    Does TT have a deep ball?
  • CA Forever
    Oh they watched film and saw we can't cover the screen
  • NCagalum
    They are just outplaying us period.
  • agalum
    What’s happened to us?
  • CA Forever
    Looking like a really dumb decision to go for it on 4th and 17
  • Idaho Aggie
    No kidding. They are beating us in every aspect of the game. Coaching, execution, everything.
  • Fiat Lux
    I’m surprised that if hawk was planning to go for it that we wouldn’t try to pick up a chunk first. Decided to go to the sticks twice. Interesting move.
  • movielover
    Young coordinators? Believed the clippings?

Time for Mike's Hastings? Maybe not having Dr. Mike jinxed us.
  • Toke69
    I wonder if Ags came into this game feeling over-confident? Hope that they come out with some fire in the second half or this could be a huge upset.
  • NCagalum
    reading and posting too many tweets. But your have to give isu credit. When your 5 and 0, I don’t care what they say, you start thinking you can’t be beat especially by a winless team.
  • NCagalum
    combination of overconfidence and isu playlng better than anytime this year.
  • agalum
    I’d like to be a fly in the locker room
  • movielover
    ISU hasn't beat a top 10 team in 15 years.
  • CA Forever
    I'm at a loss for words. ISU came to play. The 2 early interceptions hurt... Really badly. Defense hasn't looked spectacular either. Horrible coaching at the end of the half.
  • movielover
    Add 2 turnovers, a holding penalty, and decision to go for it on 4th and 17.
  • cmt
    Going for it on 4th and 17 with 1:10 left when you get the ball to start the second half is incredibly dumb. Like “attempting a FG down 7 with 4 minutes left” dumb. Just punt it deep, go into half down 14 and regroup getting the ball first. If it’s 4th and short then I get it. But 4th and 17? Nope. That could cost us the game if we make a comeback in the second half.
  • NCagalum
    hindsight 20-20 but I would have punted. Change of picking that up was slim. Just get into the locker room.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Over ranked, out played and out coached...we've seen this coming in the recent games...
  • NCagalum
    I know I may be in the minority, but I think the Ags have to take their chances with HR in the second half.
  • lucche
    :yum: I'd play Hastings and TT at wr. Have him doing jet sweep with option for Miles to pass or hand to T T with option to psss. This makes it harder for the defense to stack the middle to stop interior rushes with Gilliam.
  • CA Forever
    Hunter has been looking like the QB that I wasn't sold on in the spring season. This situation isn't entirely on him, but he undoubtedly put us in a hole early. The offense was at least moving a LITTLE bit with TT in.

Beyond over ranked at this point. We're not a playoff team if this is how we're gonna play.
  • Toke69
    Hastings makes a lot of sense considering how well he's played, how Tompkins does not seem to be the answer and how poorly Hunter Rodrigues has played. The other Hunter (Hays, of ISU) has a passer rating of 191.6. To me, a huge difference has been the line play--both lines--for the Bengals. Are we sure these aren't the Cincinnati Bengals?
  • lucche
    Yes Toke. The aggie offense needs to make their d line cover too many options. This should slow them down a little
  • BlueGoldAg
    We've got a QB problem: HR is struggling and he telegraphs his passes when he stares down his receivers, TT can scramble but doesn't look sharp passing and Hastings is inexperienced and has a lot yet to learn.

This isn't just a QB problem though. Our defense has been bending but not breaking but now it is breaking and our OL is not opening up holes for our RB's.
  • agalum
    How many more times are we going to be punished with that incredibly terrible lottery commercial?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!