• Jackedforlife
    Weather for Brookings on Saturday looks to be mostly sunny, high of 46. That high is probably right at the start of the game. With any luck there won’t be any wind or if there is it’ll be out of the west. We’ve had some particularly windy(35-45 mph) days in the last few weeks. Thankfully not on a Gameday.
  • CA Forever
    That's pretty chilly for our California boys! Hope they pack the long sleeves.
  • Jackedforlife
    I think a lot of us SDSU fans were hoping for a blizzard game.

We’ve yet to play one in Brookings but in 2014 we travelled to Bozeman to play in one. Best FB road trip ever.

We’ve played plenty of regular season blizzard games though.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The FCS fans over on the anygivenday forum are voting overwhelmingly that SDSU will beat the Ags. Out of 48 votes, only 4 are for the Aggies and a lot of the talk is that the Ags have been "exposed and will get rolled." I'm not surprised that they see the Aggies having a less than 10% chance of a win.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?288163-2021-Fall-Playoffs-Round-1-UC-Davis-South-Dakota-State
  • movielover
    Any places in town showing the game? Gunrock Pub?Woodstock Pizza?
  • NCagalum
    Relatively balmy. The Ags played in Cheney, WA in their 2018 quarterfinal and I think the high was about 25 F.

Have always liked your head coach “Stig”. Classy guy.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I live near WSU/Idaho and that temperature is warmer than you'd expect for this time of year, but for Davis, California this would be cold for any month though there are freezing days of course (overnights to clarify). I think you all win by three scores. I hope I'm wrong but you all were my pick to win it all this season. If you beat us, you'd better beat Sac State. We hate them here.
  • Toke69
    I'd like to write that I'm too afraid to watch, but the truth is that I'll be traveling so I won't be able to watch. I hope the Ags can pull of an upset though so I can see at least one more game even if it is against Sac State again.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Who peed in caribbeanhen's corn flakes?!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I know! He's got it out for the Ags for some reason over on AGS....like he knows a whole lot about Big Sky football since his team is Delaware. I was going to respond but it's not worth the time and effort...
  • NCagalum
    Let him and others spout off without wasting time on responses BRAWK!
  • AggieFinn
    Roll the dice with Rodrigues, push the ball downfield, save the sketchy pass pro with his legs.

Defensively, will be interesting to see how the Aggies hold up. Jacks have some legit playmakers in the backfield.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This game will get out of hand early and fast if the Aggie offense can't move the ball and the defense gets worn down by the Jacks. They have a big OL and a bruising RB and they will wear out our defense. We'll need to play our best game of the year and have a few breaks go our way to have chance at winning. They just might be the best team we've played all season.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Jacks' OL is similar in size to EWU and we had no pass rush against Barriere. He sat in the pocket forever against us waiting for someone to get open. Here's what the Aggie DL will be up against:

LT Aron Johnson 6'6 300
    LG Mason McCormick 6'4 310
    C Wes Genant 6'4 300
    RG Egan Lickiss 6'4 310
    RT Garret Greenfield 6'6 295
  • BlueGoldAg
    Series history between the Aggies and the Jacks:

THE SERIES: Saturday's game will mark the eighth meeting between South Dakota State and UC Davis on the football field. SDSU leads the all-time series, 5-2, on the strength of winning each of the last four meetings and although there have been only seven previous games between the Jackrabbits and Aggies there is plenty of interesting history between the two programs.

The two programs first met in 1997, during the schools' NCAA Division II era and in what was John Stiegelmeier's first game as head coach of the Jackrabbits. SDSU came away with a 17-7 road win in that first contest on Sept. 13, 1997.

As the two schools made the leap to NCAA Division I and the FCS ranks, both were charter members of the Great West Football Conference, which began play in 2004. SDSU's first-ever game as a D-I program was at UC Davis on Sept. 9 of that year, but that matchup did not go well for the Jackrabbits, who were drubbed 52-0. The Aggies scored 24 first-quarter points and led 38-0 at the half.

South Dakota State won each of the last three games between the two programs as Great West foes and added a 12-8 home victory at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium on Sept. 15, 2012. Zach Zenner rushed for both Jackrabbit touchdowns (61, 23 yards) and linebacker T.J. Lally recorded four sacks to spearhead a stingy SDSU defense.

Each of the last four matchups have been decided by seven points or less.

SDSU and UC Davis are scheduled to play again on Sept. 10, 2022, in Brookings.

Excellent write up about the game and the Jacks here:
    https://gojacks.com/news/2021/11/24/football-jacks-host-uc-davis-to-open-playoffs.aspx
  • movielover
    Time chewing West Coast Offense?
  • BlueGoldAg
    From the Enterprise:

The Aggies enter the playoff on a two-game losing streak, dropping a 38-20 decision to Eastern Washington, followed by a 27-7 blowout at the hands of Sacramento State.

Still, UCD head coach Dan Hawkins says the past is the past and the playoff gives everyone a chance to start over.

“There are 24 teams in the playoff, so we have to show up and play hard. Only the survivors advance,” said Hawkins.

“We always stress trying to be the best version of ourselves and we weren’t that last Saturday against Sacramento State. It was certainly a humbling experience and it’s not the way we like to coach or play.”

Added Hawkins, “Nobody likes going into this after losing to Eastern and Sacramento State, but if I had told our team before the season started that we’d beat Tulsa, Cal Poly and Weber State and make the playoffs, they’d have been fired up. Right now, it’s a one-game season for everyone.”

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/uc-davis-football-wrap-up/
  • CA Forever
    I guess Bob isn't doing predictions anymore after the last couple of games :rofl:
  • agalum
    I remember during the D2 days, athletics asked supporters to invite players to their homes for Thanksgiving when we were in the playoffs. What are the players doing for Thanksgiving this year?
  • DrMike
    I’m sure they will have a team meal tonight, probably on campus. Fly out bright and early tomorrow morning
  • Joe Hornet
    Hi all! I’m a Sac State alumni but I wanted to stop by and wish you good luck this weekend. I’ll be rooting for an Aggie upset in Brookings. I think it’s good for our conference when fellow Big Sky members do well against outside competition. SDSU looks tough but the Aggies can do it!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Welcome to our forum, Joe. It will be a tall order for the Ags but, who knows, anything can happen. I agree that a rematch with Sac would be great for these two programs.
  • movielover
    It would be great, and potential nice crowd.
  • AggieFinn

Welcome to the Boards Joe!
  • Jackedforlife
    Weather update for tomorrow…looks to be mostly sunny and mid 40s throughout the game…the difference is in the forecasted wind. It’s looking like a NW wind ranging from 15-20mph. This can cause a swirling effect in the stadium that sits north/south in orientation. Could make passing somewhat difficult and the kicking game a surprise.

Safe travels to any coming to the game and to the Aggie team.
  • AggieFinn

Local weather updates are appreciated.

Davis hasn't been running the ball well lately, so anything to keep the passing game steady is good.
  • CA Forever
    To be totally fair... we haven't done anything well lately.
  • CA Forever
    Appreciate the support, but I don't think we stand much of a chance given the results of the last couple games. SDSU is a juggernaut.
  • Jackedforlife
    Add to that wind that it is out of the NW likely means windchill could become a factor. Likely 45 degrees feeling like 35 degrees. Plus the Aggie sideline is setup to deal with the full brunt of of it all game.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!