• CA Forever
    Well that's the season
  • Idaho Aggie
    Not our day. Credit to Sac State. They were well-coached and played a great game.
  • NCagalum
    Man out of bounds with that catch or first down and they could have gone to the end zone or so.
  • quadshock
    That was a great game. Hornets have a great team.
  • Toke69
    Cal needs an offensive coordinator. I hope they grab Troy Taylor, ex-Cal QB, and Sac State will need a new head coach.
  • NCagalum
    Yea Sac is for real. Give credit to the Aggies for not giving up despite injuries.
  • cmt
    That should have been ruled a first down on the last play.
  • NCagalum
    very close. Wonder if it could be reviewed, but if so they would have not have overruled it.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Why not spike the ball instead of throwing to the sidelines with 13 seconds left and set up a play or 2 to the end zone?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    My friends think Ags will make it to FCS playoffs but I'm doubtful.
  • movielover
    My thought as well.

It took 25 minutes to get into the stadium and the end zone seemed overcrowded and unsafe.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well, Taylor showed us why he has built perhaps the best FCS program in the country after taking over a miserable program. He can certainly recruit and his play calling was the biggest difference in the game along with how physical the Sac defense is. Sac just might go undefeated while winning the FCS National Championship and, if that happens, the Sac recruiting will be off the charts. He's taken Sac to where we would like to be in just 3 years. Very, very impressive and not good for us...
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    even if they win the national championship, if somehow Cal could fire Wilcox then I doubt Sac has the money to sustain their sucess esp in CA where there are other options for entertainment. That said, they'd be unbeatable for a few years if that happens.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Easy to win when your standards are lighter than UC Davis or Cal Poly.
  • movielover
    I believe Chima was in the VIP tent in a white puffy jacket.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Final stats were pretty even although it felt like Sac was never in serious trouble. They made the big plays when they needed them and Taylor surprised us at critical times with his superior play calling. Our defense put in a valiant effort. The coaching edge goes to Sac State in this one. Sac also has a punishing defense and they sent several of our key players out of the game with clean but brutal hits.

Total yards: Sac 426 Aggies 420
    Passing: Ags 307 Sac 236
    Rushing: Sac 133 Aggies 90

We're probably better than half or more of the teams that will get into the playoffs but I think we'll be on the bubble and one of the first 4 out.
  • NCagalum
    I think the play call was fine. Just have to get to the stick or out of bounds. Very close on both accounts but like hand grenades and horse shoes.
  • NCagalum
    agree with all your points. The committee won’t go with the Ags. I will, however, be very pissed if they let Montana in. 0 wins over a .500 team, 4 league losses and a cupcake out of league schedule on top of a thorough pasting at the hands of Montana State.
  • AggieFinn
    90 yards rushing is the key stat, Gilliam left the game just as he was heating up, but it hurt not having him...and Castles
  • BlueGoldAg
    After getting slaughtered today, I think Montana is out also. It would be a biased travesty if they get in...
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Cal beat Stanford. As a fan of both, I still really want them to hire Troy Taylor but they won today (they'd only fire Wilcox if he lost to both Stanford and UCLA).
  • BlueGoldAg
    Has any coach at any level done what Troy Taylor has done at Sac in just 3 years? It's astonishing...
  • cmt
    I was saying the same thing at the time. There’s absolutely no reason to run a play there. For one, you’re hurrying the play call. Get up there and spike it and you at least have a few seconds to think about the play you want to run. Plus like you said you can take 2 good shots at the end zone.
  • cmt
    The two big plays that hurt us were the fake punt in the fourth quarter and Hastings missing an open WR for a TD early in the second half.

It really sounds like we’re not getting in but there’s no way that we’re not one of the 24 best teams in the country. I’m going to be annoyed if either Montana or Idaho gets in. At least we beat Idaho and Idaho beat Montana so Idaho and us have decent wins. Not to mention that neither us nor Idaho lost a game by 34 this year.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I was just about to post the very same thing about the 2 plays that hurt us the most. The injuries to Castles, Gilliam and King certainly didn't help us either.
  • Kerberos
    Burning 10 seconds trying to do some fancy and dangerous laterals at the 2 yard line with 48 seconds left also didn’t really help…
  • BlueGoldAg
    Totally agree. We could have started on the 25 with a fair catch on the kickoff or maybe even better field position on a return.
  • BlueGoldAg
    More than any single play, the fake punt really hurt and it was a brilliant call by Taylor. It looked like he caught us completely unaware.
  • agalum

Aggie Finn was calling fake from the stands.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!