• NCagalum
    College Game Day will be in Bozeman this Saturday for the “Brawl of the Wild” game against Montana. Having been there, I suspect the enthusiasm and participation will be high. At a 7:00 am local start to CGD it will be quite chilly. Overnight low of 0 (yes Virginia that is Fahrenheit and not Celsius) but by game time at noon looks to be a balmy 23. I am assuming the setup will be outdoors - I suspect Corso will not be there or if so will predict a griz win just to wear a bear outfit for warmth. Good for FCS football and BIG Sky Conference. CGD has already alluded to big sky as SEC of the FCS.
  • Jackbacker2
    Good for them. Having spent some time in Big Sky and Bozeman; I remember in 2009 when the papers and the state government were talking about Montana football. A group wanted the state to have one of the schools look into jumping up into the FBS and becoming part of the Mountain West. This was a small but vocal group. A majority of folks loved the idea of having 2 FCS schools to cheer for and have a yearly rival game. The only time attendance at either takes a hit is the opening week-end of hunting season, so I believe the game will be a sell-out even with the temps in the 20's or lower.
  • NCagalum
    It absolutely will be a sellout. Heard SRO “seats” going for $200. Although I will say that folks started leaving the UCD game at half when it was still close. It was a wet cold night then but not nearly as cold as it will be on Saturday - but unless it is a blowout, it will be packed all game.

And to your other point - better to have both schools in same conference and division as you note. I don’t think there is a more talked about rivalry in all of FCS.
  • NCagalum
    They showed a clip of Trent Tompkins doing his MJ move in the opening video/music montage on college game day.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!