• Idaho Aggie
    Well, he did hit the guy in the hands.
  • CA Forever
    Interception will end the game! Great game Aggies!
  • Riveraggie
    The best chance is if its the first game and your team is pretty veteran and the FBS team made a lot of changes and they may not have their act completely together. The worst situation is if its their second game and your first.
  • agalum
    Nice win, questionable competition but lets enjoy this start. I have hotel reservations for Corvallis. Aggie Fin and his dad will be there (his dad was on the miracle team), so hoping the fires subside so its smoke free and good flying weather.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    NW has been helped the last week with rain, the Corvalis/Eugene area and Rogue river valley to the south have been badly hit by smoke but that area might get some rain this week. Overall it's looking better than it was.

I'd love to see Reser Stadium but taking son to see the Cougs play Northern Colorado the week after so can't go. Side note, UNC is soooo bad.
  • smarterray
    Nice work, Ags. I'll be there in Corvallis with a small crew.
  • Toke69
    All I know is that Oregon State is ranked #18 in the country. Good test for the 17th ranked Aggies. (And yes, I get the difference.)
  • Riveraggie
    The box score on the Davis web site has only a passing resemblance to the game.
    They got the identities of the players that share numbers confused.
    This is the case for 5 of the 22 “starters”.
  • BlueGoldAg
    "I thought our defense played great," said Aggie head coach Dan Hawkins.

"I knew we'd play well because we've been practicing well. We didn't punt all night, which is always a good sign. It's always great to get a win, but it's never as clean as you like. Overall, though, I was pleased."

Added Hawkins, "It's great to get that first win under your belt. Now we have to go home and get ready because the mountain is only going to get steeper."

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/football-aggies-mess-with-texas-a-m-commerce-for-dominating-win/article_a60e5b82-4858-11ee-859a-1fd0a242b5ed.html
  • movielover
    I'm disappointed Jeremiah
    Chukwudobe wasn't given more carries, and earlier. Try him with the 1s, develop some depth. I didn't see his runs, but he ran downhill and through people last year.
  • movielover
    How did QB #2 look? Not many reps for a blowout win.
  • CA Forever
    I mean, he went 0/2 with an interception...
  • Riveraggie
    Transfers who played significant minutes:
    Eli Simonson from Nebraska started, at left tackle played most the game. (Box score has the wrong #70)
    Lamont Shamburger, from D3 Benedictine College, played early and most the game.
    Semaj Verner, from Boise last year, but didn't play last year started and played a lot
    A J Crump transfer from San Jose who didn’t play last year played a substantial amount.
    Evan Tattersall from Cal hardly played last year due to injury but started.

Those guys add to an already deep team,

One side effect of not publishing a depth chart is that the people keeping stats don’t have the players numbers sorted by offense and defense in a shorter list, so they get the players mixed up.
  • AggieFinn
    Wally the Bronco Too with the hookup, check out Wally's stuff here: Link

• SochorField
    TAMC was baaaaaaaad.....but winning the season opener on the road is always huge. That was a tough road trip to open.
  • agalum
    Anyone have the link for Coach Hawkins post game interview? Can’t seem to find it.
  • AggieFinn
    Haven't seen anything. Watching the film, with as much was made about the west coast boys coming out to Commerce in the heat and humidity, the Aggies looked way more functional for 4 quarters than the Lions did.
  • Riveraggie
    An Aggies was never down on the field with a cramp; same thing happened two years ago in Tulsa. The team is very well conditioned.
  • lucche
    Davis is routinely in the 100's from July to October. Everyone talks about weather in their part of the world. But, Davis weather isn't much of a difference as far as temp as Texas.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think the biggest difference in Texas weather compared to here is the humidity level. The humidity is much, much higher in Texas. The heat in Texas is sweltering whereas here the heat is dry. The heat here is certainly hot but it's more tolerable and less dangerous than the muggy heat in Texas. I grew up in the midwest and I know what that muggy weather feels like and I'll take being baked rather than being steamed anytime!
  • lucche
    I grew up in New England and Virginia, and played sports all the time. The only thing I noticed
    was needed more liquids and electrlytes. If you did this you never seem to have problems. Maybe, a few more breaks to hydrate, but I never wanted to leave a game to hydrate. I would do it during timeouts.
    VA and TX are about the same.
  • Riveraggie

They have a “feels like” feature of forecasts which factor in wind and humidity, last night in commerce it felt like the actual temperature.
    Another difference in heat between Davis and Texas is that Davis cools down more at night, and its cooler in the morning. A football team in Davis can schedule around the heat. If they want to practice in the heat they can and if they don’t they can mitigate it.
  • CA Forever
    Regardless of what the temp or humidity was in Texas yesterday, it was clear that the Aggies were the better conditioned team. Numerous Lions went down with cramps.
  • agalum

Yep, and the same thing happened when we played Tulsa.
  • Riveraggie
    No one else is encouraged by two sophomore transfers starting their first game at Davis? These guys really flew under the radar, and are playing in front of some veterans. I think that portends big things..
  • Toke69
    I spent 10 weeks in San Antonio. It got so humid there that rain clouds would form just above us in mid-afternoon and we'd get a hot shower.
  • lucche
    I use to remember in VA that the temp use to be in the upper 90's a few storms would pass through and the steam from the street would rise up like a huge cloud.
    I do miss the T-Storms thought. You know Gods 4th of July. I have seen ball lightning in VA too. Not often, but it occurs. A pretty awesome sight.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I've been watching the game replay and, a couple of minutes into the second quarter, another TAMC player is puking. So two times already they've had players getting sick. I assume it's due to overexertion in the heat. You'd think they would be more used to the Texas heat than the Aggies.
  • agalum

River, which transfers are you talking about? I couldn’t quite put my finger on the position(s) you’re referring to.
  • Riveraggie
    Eli Simonson and Lamont Shamburger.

Eli is a transfer from Nebraska, played left tackle.
    Lamont is a transfer from Benedictine, a DB, probably a corner.
    Both started and played most of the game.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!