• AggieFinn
    Portland State is coming on, that game from Hillsboro could be wild.
  • AggieFinn
    Montana @ Idaho

• BlueGoldAg
    Highlights of the amazing comeback win by Idaho State over EWU 42-41. It was the first time in 18 years that the Bengals beat EWU. What a game!

• AggieFinn

Never let up when you're ahead, Never give up when you're behind.
  • Riveraggie

Do we miss much maligned Cody Hawkins?
  • movielover

523 passing yards. I think we are missing some key recruits. We lived on Vaughn / Harrell and Maier for 3 years, then UG. Too one dimensional with UG, who was terrific. Now it's LL.

It's all intertwined. Starting at your 10 instead of the 30 is huge.
  • AggieFinn
    Seems clear Hastings doesn't look as good when he doesn't have UG to dump it off to for 20 yds.
  • Riveraggie
    No one wants to give Cody Hawkins some credit for the job he did here as offensive coordinator and QB coach?
  • NCagalum
    I don’t know that he was much maligned ….. at least I thought he did a good job. Looking better in retrospect.
  • Riveraggie
    Lots of opinions about him having the job due to nepotism. Our offense and QB productivity have fallen off this year when Cody Hawkins is no longer Offensive Coordinator and QB coach.
  • AggieFinn

Also, and not trying to offend Idaho State - but you can recruit literally anybody to that campus. Not hamstrung by intense academic requirements.

That young QB in Pocatello is starting to really sling it.
  • Riveraggie
    Pretty sad when intense academic requirements is a b average in an era of HS grade inflation.The course requirement might block some, I wonder how many students don’t get in because they missed the visual and performing arts course.
    That young QB at Idaho State went to a good Catholic High School in Santa Rosa. It would be surprising if he wasn’t UC eligible.
  • movielover

There was also a big turnover in the receiving crew compared to last year. Gilliam (graduated), Castles (transfer), Larison (hurt), Poerio (unknown), Tompkins & Perez (hurt). Stud TE Blake Thorpe only had 7 catches last year, so unfair to pin this all on MH or CH.
  • Riveraggie
    You can’t be disappointed when players don’t come back for additional years after graduating, especially when in some cases like Poerio it would be year six.
    Gilliam had a capable replacement, the quality they miss from Gilliam is his outstanding durability.

It is incorrect to blame the loss to Eastern Washington or Montana on a deficit of offensive talent other than to concede that with Larison we would have won both.
    The EW game loss was sealed by allowing 217 yards on three drives in the 3rd quarter. Montana gained 148 yards on two of their drives in the third quarter. Well coached teams make very productive adjustments against the D. Losing those games has been a team effort.
  • MarktheBronco
    Greetings to you, AggieFinn. Currently, one needs a 2.5 GPA to become a Freshman at ISU [https://www.isu.edu/admissions/freshman/].

As a child I remember the student body at Idaho State being a bit different than the locals from Boise who attended Boise State and the University of Idaho. You can read a bit about Idaho State's very diverse student body here [https://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/black-like-me-isu-students-from-the-1970s-still-hold-a-bond/article_daf1e10c-46f0-11e4-92f6-1f7b7709883f.html]. It was a big deal in Idaho back in the 1970s.
  • agalum

I think its 3.0 for Davis. But then you still need to pass your classes once admitted. I know there are tutors available for some athletes.
  • Riveraggie

I bet that visual and performing arts requirement keeps a lot of introverts out. Crap like that makes a school counselor who does a good job the primary admission requirement
  • AggieFinn
    Matty Loves Ball with a nice highlight of a game with two teams the Aggies have yet to face this season:

• agalum
    Go Bobcats!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I was thinking about that. Wouldn't it be better in some ways if Sac were to beat Montana State? We might want Sac to be as highly ranked as possible so that our game against them would mean more if we were able to beat them and would hurt us less if we were to lose to them. Of course, we need to take care of business before that game or we'll just be playing for pride.
  • agalum
    Blue, your logic makes perfect sense as long as we beat slac. But I just can’t find the tolerance to root for them.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I know the feeling exactly!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Cody keeps the Bengals rolling: Idaho State 38 Portland State 24 - Final.
  • agalum
    EWU 14 Weber 13 at half
  • BlueGoldAg
    EWU 31 Weber State 23 - Final
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana State @ Sac State just about to kickoff on ESPN2.
  • agalum
    7-0 SLAC end of first.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Poly upsets Northern Colorado 24-17 - Final.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana State 14 Sac 7 at the half.
  • agalum
    Looks like Blue and I are holding down the fort tonight. I thought MSU should have centered the ball and spiked it before that last FG attempt. But both teams look impressive.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!