• SochorField
    We could get 12,000 in there. Wouldn't that be something....
  • SochorField
    Interesting. No more highlights in the last 3 minutes.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great post Kerberos!

- That decision to go for it on 4th and 2 in the first overtime possession... GUTSY!! I don't think I've ever seen that in all the OT games of college football I've watched.

Two years ago my wife would only come to the games because she knew that I still wanted to go. She just grew weary of watching the Ags lose so much. Then this Saturday, when Hawk made the decision to go for the TD on 4th down in OT and my jaw dropped for a moment, she turned to me and said with a big grin, "This coach plays to WIN!"

This was our signature win of the D1 era so far and our most important win as well in regards to the effect it has had on our fans. The fan base is energized and expectations are sky high for this team. We haven't felt like this since the D2 glory days and we may look back on this game in the future and say, "This is the game where we came of age in the D1 era." How sweet it is!
  • NCagalum
    For those of us unable to see the game in person or on Pluto, it just calms up on bigamy’s tv as a replay. Just back arrow a couple of days and all the games are posted.
  • AggieFinn
    Our media department, can upload highlights on Twitter, but has no clue how to upload it to YouTube
  • SoCalAggie
    We need to get off of Pluto TV until the service gets better!
  • Zander
    One of my coworkers bought up this game to me today -- not too unusual; he knows I follow all the games -- but then another chimed in and he clearly had watched or attended. I've never had a conversation about Aggie football at work thatI wasn't driving before, it was wild
  • movielover
    I have a Cal friend who even made some remark like "this might be your year".
  • BlueGoldAg
    Here's a link to a replay of the game if anyone is interested in watching it again. Use the scroll back arrow to go back a couple of days until you see the Saturday, October 13 games. Thanks to NCagalum for letting us know about the Big Sky TV replays.

https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx
  • Zander
    Awesome! I had to leave the house at halftime and missed the rest; looking forward to catching the fourth quarter in all its glory
  • eastbayaggie
    Since the Aggie Stadium reached capacity crowd, did that mean some people were denied entry due to a presumed sellout?
  • Zander
    They actually exceeded capacity, didn't they? I would guess they oversold tickets based on a conservative estimate of how many students would show up, and that's where the overflow came from.
  • AggieFinn
    Shots from the South Goal Line
    Attachments
    20181013_183910 (337K)
    20181013_164032 (398K)
    20181013_164037 (335K)
    20181013_164045 (410K)
  • BlueGoldAg
    It was great to see that most of the students stayed to the end of the game despite us being behind big at the start of the 4th and sitting in the heat with the sun in their eyes. They got to see a classic and I hope they'll come back for our final two home games.
  • Zander
    Every year we keep up a home win streak is another generation of students who've never seen an Aggie loss. Exciting times!
  • Zander
    Looking at the film, I really like how Hawk showed the Wildcat with CJ but didn't try to force it when it didn't work. Hopefully that will make defenses spend time preparing for it, without prematurely revealing every wrinkle or variation in this year's version.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Here you go, agalum. I posted this great clip in another thread but maybe more fans would see it here:

• DrMike
    after seeing that facebook post on tuesday showing players cook up tacos.....i'm not sure the 'preheated oven' is a familiar concept to many of these guys!
  • agalum
    yep, saw that one, thanks for sharing.
  • NCagalum
    a metaphor is a terrible thing to waste. All I know is that the oven we have takes way too long to pre-heat.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I just watched the replay again. What a great play Tim Plough dialed up for the 4th down in OT...beautiful quick pitch to Gilliam and perfect blocking up front. Worked like a charm!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Check out the locker room celebration after the game. (If someone knows how to get that Instagram video clip to actually show up here so it can be played without linking to Instagram, please post it. I can't seem to do it for some reason.)

https://www.instagram.com/ucdavisfootball/?hl=en
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!