• OldAggieAlum
    Last year I was able to get a consistently better Pluto TV feed through the Big Sky TV web site. However, it stopped working for me this year. I found out how to get it working now though and I had a flawless stream the entire Cal Poly and Montana games. I thought that maybe Pluto TV had resolved its issues, but I still saw lots of complaints about these games too. Big Sky TV is providing the Pluto TV stream, but at the bottom of the page it says that the video platform is provided by CBS Sports.

To get Big Sky TV working, for most browsers look for an icon just to the left or right of the address field. It should indicate that page is trying to load unauthenticated scripts. Click on it and say that you want to load unsafe scripts and the streams on the page should start working.

The problem is that most web browsers have started cracking down on unsecure scripts and the Big Sky TV stream is considered unsecure. However, most browsers will allow you to accept the risk for specific pages. There should be little risk presented by Big Sky TV though since you do not provide any information to it, but only receive the stream from it. I can't say that there is no risk; only that is is very slight.
  • Zander
    Good find, thanks! I wondered why I was so consistently getting errors
  • fugawe09
    I will say this, as a distant Aggie who watches everything via these streams... BSTV is a more reliable source than Pluto. That said, the overall reliability of both varies by host location. Games at Aggie Stadium drop out more often than when we are away - they need a tech geek to make sure there is not an upload bandwidth issue. I always stream the KHTK audio via the TuneIN app on my phone, but keep it muted. It is very reliable and then I can immediately unmute if the video feed drops at a pivotal moment (or if I get sick of listening to homer commentators). TuneIN runs about a play behind the video so I don't miss anything.
  • movielover
    When the BS feed became problematic, I flipped to the direct Pluto app. Not perfect either, but option B.
  • CA Forever
    I didn't have any drops that I remember watching it on Big Sky TV today
  • AggieFinn

We had a few key grey circles when it mattered most at the Grad. Came in 99.5% w/o issues, was surprised, had heard horror stories.

u3dm28e1mjj6yrps.jpg
    Attachment
    wsGAZlL (340K)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!