• Toke69
    Big West Trivia: The conference can claim one NCAA championship from 1990 when UNLV was a member and, under Jerry Tarkanian, the Running Rebels beat Duke 103-73 (which is, I think, the largest margin of victory in NCAA men's basketball tournament history). For what it's worth, the other Big West members back then were UCSB, Fresno State, Long Beach State, UCI, Cal State Fullerton, Pacific, San Jose State, New Mexico State and Utah State. From 1983 to 1991, if I figured this right, there were at least three years when teh Big West got more than one NCAA invitation, thanks to UNLV.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Watch Pasternack in this post-game interview and it will give you a glimpse into his personality. He's not even remotely present in the interview and doesn't even listen to what Amadou Sow has to say. After a perfunctory statement about UC Davis is he spends the whole time actively engaged in texting and then reading the stats page. Classy...

• BlueGoldAg
    UCSB beats Irvine 79-63. First time to the NCAA for the Gauchos since 2011.
  • movielover
    Didn't Bob Williams leave them loaded w talent?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    UCSB gets a 12 seed vs 5 seed Creighton. Nice seed for the Gauchos and they'll give Creighton a good game.
  • DrMike
    I had no idea that Creighton, out of Omaha Nebraska, is in the Big East!
  • Russ Bowlus
    It's east of somewhere...
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah the Big East certainly doesn’t look like the Big East of my youth.
  • DrMike
    I was thinking the same thing. Big East Monday with St John v Georgetown, Mullin v Ewing.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We'd get Big East to start Big Monday, and the Big West (which included UNLV, Fresno St, Utah St, and New Mexico St, along with some current members) would finish it off. It was tough to study on Mondays.
  • cmt
    There's a few good ones.

DePaul (Chicago) and Marqutte (Wisconsin) are in the Big East
    Notre Dame is in the Atlantic Coast
    Big 10 is a traditional midwest conference but has Rutgers (New Jersey) and Maryland
    Pac-12 having Colorado and Utah (not as bad as some of the others)
    Missouri in the SEC (and to a lesser extent, Texas A&M, though at least they're in the south)
    Chicago State in the WAC
  • DrMike
    don’t forget that the Big 10 has 12 teams!
  • cmt

12 teams is so 7 years ago. They're up to 14 now!

Nebraska (2011) made 12 and Maryland/Rutgers (2014) made 14.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I can't keep track without a score card (or google).
  • Toke69
    The Big 12 has 10 teams and the Atlantic 10 has 14, including St. Louis. The Big Sky has a team on the west coast and in California. The Western Athletic Conference includes Chicago State. Math and Geography are no longer important subjects in higher education, I guess.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!