• AggieFinn
    Good move for Doss. With Julio Jones now in Arizona, it's really more of a team effort at WR in Atlanta...with Calvin Ridley and Gage as the two stalwarts.

North Georgia's a more interesting place to be spending your time anyway...and I love Vegas.
  • AggieFinn
    No stats for Doss Week 1, Atlanta got pounded 32-6 by Philadelphia, the game was in Atlanta.
  • 72Aggie
    Isn't he on the practice squad? Hard to compile much in the way of stats there.
  • AggieFinn

He is, injuries above will promote KD to play, so if there are no stats it could be Doss simply didn't get to dress that week going forward. That and the fact that he's probably still learning the Falcon offense.
  • MTBAggie
    The Falcons have 2 wide receivers and a tight end on the practice squad. Any idea where Doss sits in the list of who would be pulled up to the active roster first?
  • 88Aggie
    Falcons cut Doss. Hard to believe he is not getting a good shot. Hope he gets picked up somewhere else.
  • BlueGoldAg
    He could probably start and do well in the CFL if nothing else pans out for him.
  • agalum
    Is there an overabundance of receivers? He’s such a talented prospect I’m surprised he hasn’t found a home.
  • 72Aggie
    To add to the mix, Falcons WR Calvin Ridley is "stepping away from the game" to focus on his own mental well being.

https://www.nfl.com/news/falcons-wr-calvin-ridley-to-step-away-from-football-to-focus-on-mental-wellbeing
  • movielover
    Sad situation in Las Vegas. Keelan Doss wouldn't do this.

ESPN: "Former Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs III was driving 156 mph just seconds before the fiery crash in Las Vegas that left a woman dead, according to prosecutors....

"Prosecutors said Ruggs was traveling 156 mph two seconds before the crash, and was at 127 mph when the airbags deployed in his Chevrolet Corvette. Judge Joe Bonaventure responded that he couldn't recall speeds that high in his career on the bench.

Prosecutors also said Ruggs' blood-alcohol content was 0.161 -- twice the legal limit -- and that a loaded firearm was recovered from his vehicle...."
  • quadshock
    Not really Keelan-related topic anymore, but put this man behind bars

Hope Doss gets another shot somewhere; I'm really surprised Falcons didn't even summon him when they had such a bad receiving corp
  • movielover
    My guess is that they focus so much on speed. (Ruggs has a great 40.)
  • agalum

“Not really Keelan-related topic anymore, but put this man behind bars“

I bet he walks. An acquaintance’s son hit a pedestrian, killed him, and left the scene. He was drunk. Never served any time once he was bailed out after being arrested from leads from witnesses. The only positive out of this is the young man got off booze and drugs and turned his life around. Apparently similar outcomes occur following fatal car vs bike accidents based on a previous thread.
  • cmt
    Says in Nevada that probation is not an option for a conviction on a charge of DUI causing death or DUI causing substantial bodily injury. Both carry a possible sentence of 2-20 years. His girlfriend had to go to the hospital with a severe arm injury so he could get a second charge for that. Plus there could be a weapons charge.

He absolutely deserves to go to jail and hopefully he doesn't get off without jail time.
  • DrMike
    I think he’s also up for reckless driving for the 156 mph. Hard to imagine him getting no time.
  • AggieFinn
    Ruggs will do some time. Where's his supporting network? Who makes this kind of decision? Tragic, and stupid.
  • 72Aggie
    I know nothing about Nevada criminal law, and have forgotten more California criminal law than I care to admit, but in California you might be convicted of both the DUI/vehicular manslaughter AND reckless driving, but you can not be sentenced for both. Certainly the speed and reckless nature of the driving is something the judge should be able to consider in imposing a sentence, again depending on Nevada law. Hard for me to think he would not get some serious time. In California today he would almost certainly go to prison.
  • AggieFinn
    According to the Nevada State Legislature, the penalty for DUI causing substantial bodily harm or death (NRS 484C.430) is a minimum of two and a maximum of 20 years in prison with no probation or suspended sentence, a mandatory fine of $2,000-$5,000, and a three-year license suspension.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Is driving 156 mph while under the influence and tragically killing someone in a crash any less egregious and criminal than being under the influence and just randomly firing a gun and killing an innocent bystander? I'm sure that the penalty for randomly killing someone with a gun is more severe than vehicular manslaughter while under the influence but I don't see a big difference between the two. Both are deadly, criminal acts in my opinion.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The family of Tina O. Tintor, who died after her car was rear-ended by Las Vegas Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs III, released a statement Thursday on her death.

Tintor's family attorney, Farhan Naqvi, said in a statement on their behalf that "Tina's tragic loss has devastated her family beyond a grief they could ever comprehend."
    "Family was everything to Tina, and she was the light of her parents' life. Tina lived in Las Vegas since she was a baby," the statement said. "She loved her 3-year-old Golden Retriever, Max, who passed alongside her Tuesday morning."

fa8mzgmndngm4uas.png

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/04/us/las-vegas-raiders-henry-ruggs-iii-tina-tintor-family-statement/index.html
  • eastbayaggie
    https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/11/transactions-90/

Cardinals worked out LS Beau Brinkley, WR Keelan Doss, TE Alex Ellis, LS Colin Holba, TE Kyle Markway, LS Kyle Nelson, and WR Darrius Shepherd
  • AggieFinn

Cardinals gotta keep up with the wheelin' and dealin' Rams!
  • 88Aggie
    Doss released from Jets practice squad 12/7.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!