• BaseballAtDobbins
    SDSU defense is falling apart.
  • cmt
    And there goes my cover. Ugh.

It was 24-3 at halfitme. This is the first time they've had the ball in the Sac St half in the 2nd half and it's because of an onside kick.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Yes!!!!!! SDSU escapes.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I have no doubt Sac would have won it if they had not converted.
  • DrMike
    Seems like the 2 turnovers in the first half really hurt Sac
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    They did a trick play that fooled Sac thinking they weren't going to get the snap off.
  • movielover
    Sac battled, Troy Taylor staff made great adjustments.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    All the more reason, Cal should dump Wilcox and hire him. It would be a boon for both of my UC teams.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great job of coaching by Troy Taylor. I actually think Sac was the better team. They dominated the second half after they made adjustments, Great trick play call by SDSU on that final 4th down. I've never seen that one before.

We've got a lot of work to do next year to have a chance to beat Sac. They've got a good thing going with Taylor.
  • Riveraggie
    I’m not sure the trick played fooled sac. They seemed to be on the lookout for the direct snap, several players pointing into the backfield. Maybe the timing, might have had a clever way of signaling the snap.
  • agalum
    Dr. Mike and I talked about Taylor at the BB game today. He’s got to be the real deal. Part of the lack of scoring from SDSU in the second half was conservative play. They were reserved. JStreet is a good team, but glad they lost. SDSU will walk all over Villanova.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I don't think Sac was fooled very much also. I think SDSU had the first down on the previous play but got a poor spot by the ref also.
  • movielover
    FWIW, Kal Bears up 17-7 over SC in 3rd.
  • 72Aggie
    I suspect neither the Bears nor the Trojans want to be playing this game, and SC probably wants it less.
  • movielover
    Two Trojan QBs git lit up. The first should have gotten out of bounds or gone down - you could see what was coming in advance as he tried to take on 2 defenders. The 2nd was a disguised blitz? - I haven't seen it so well before.

Kal up 17 now.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Cal obviously had more motivation being at home and against a semi-rival team. USC's coaching situation did not help. USC clearly was running out the clock. Nice win for Cal, but U$C looked dead.
  • DrMike
    Had Cal not had the COVID issue they would have beat Arizona and been a bowl team.
  • movielover

Not sure what their alums think is reasonable, he was 8-5 before Covid. If Garbers leaves, they have young QBs who haven't taken one snap. They signed an Ivy League grad transfer who played one game. Not promising on QB depth.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I agree with Dr Mike that they likely would have won in Tuscon were it not for the politics. As someone who avidly follows both teams, Cal fans really loved WIlcox before the season started. They then were calling for his firing mid season; now I think it's neutral though some would still be happy to get Troy Taylor. I think Cal gives Wilcox another season.
  • 72Aggie
    Big game and the SC game may have saved Wilcox' job. This isn't the SEC where he'd be canned for a sub .500 year.

That in turn means the AD is not meeting with Troy Taylor for lunch today.

As soon as I hit "Post Comment" there will be a press release from Berkeley proving me wrong, yet again, and it's just past 9:00 AM.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I think you have the pulse of the school and the fanbase well measured. If they had lost today, maybe. But Wilcox could argue about the Arizona fiasco and their admin is not much different from ours...would Davis fire Hawk with a 5-7 season? (no). Should they replace him is an open question but will they? Probably not.
    If Cal-USC had not been postponed but cancelled and I think with a Stanford loss they may have considered it. UCLA would not be a factor since they are good.
    Or had Troy Taylor advanced a round or two they'd be tempted but at that point it gets late for recruiting. They will certainly target him next year.
  • agalum
    So does Taylor walk and take one of the open FBS jobs? If he is on a 5 year contract (guessing here) how does that work in terms of the contract?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I guess 5-6 would be the FCS version of that, but if we beat Sac State and Poly with those wins I think it would not be considered a horrible season. I know for a lot of FBS teams, if the coach leaves the school doesn't have to pay the buyout but it depends on their contract.
  • Riveraggie
    I expect that anytime a coach leaves for greener pastures his former employer doesn’t have to pay a buyout, is that not right?
  • movielover
    Isn't there a buyout sometimes for the coach (new employer)?

Taylor seems very content in Sacramento, but what happens when an FBS program dangles a $10 M five year deal at him? And will his staff jump for smaller dollars?
  • 72Aggie
    With the early signing date for D-1 football it may already be too late to bring in a new coach and get any recruiting done. That's December 15th this year. I think if Sac had kept winning it would have made it harder for Taylor to leave, etc. I can't see him pulling a Kelly or Riley and leaving when the team still has games to play.
  • DrMike
    I believe the new school pays the buyout. Most of the contract have a prorated buyout.
  • movielover
    New one to me - do Historically Black Colleges have their own playoff format?

FCS Football@FCS_STATS

"SWAC Championship Game: Jackson State (11-1) beats Prairie View A&M (7-5), 27-10, to claim its first conference title since 2007.

"JSU defense forces five turnovers
    Peytton Pickett: 19 carries, 107 yards, TD

"JSU next faces South Carolina State in Celebration Bowl on Dec. 18."

FCS Football Retweeted
    Craig Haley@CraigHaley

"A SWAC championship game-record 50,128 fans attended today’s game at Jackson State’s Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium. The Tigers’ average attendance over six home games this season was 42,293, an FCS record. JSU also had the previous high average, 38,873 in 1997."
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!