• DavisAggie
    I'm inclined to think the opposite: have to beat Idaho in case the committed comes to a Davis v. Montana decision (they lost to Idaho and would have zero quality wins)
  • SochorField
    I love the Davis offense in a dome. Going to be a great game.
  • ucdboyd
    Thanks for the info, DTD and Idaho Aggie. We are going to be a game time decision (or game time -6 hours decision) if we go or not. Jr has asked multiple times a day if we can go and has changed to saying when we go- lol.

If I had planned earlier, we could have done a double header, ASU-Washington St for the 1st half in Pullman and then the Aggie game. Haven't been to Martin Stadium since they renovated it- would be cool to check it out also.
  • cmt
    That's true. We would also have beaten Sac State when Montana lost to them though. I don't know exactly what the committee values. Assuming we split the two games, we'd have a better conference record than Montana (unless they beat Montana St) and unless Idaho loses to Idaho State, we'd have a worse conference record than they would. And if Montana beats EWU, we'd have worse overall record than both Idaho and Montana. At least in Montana's case, that's due to us playing an FBS team while they didn't.

So maybe beating Idaho would give us the nod if the committee is debating us vs. Idaho.
  • NCagalum
    Montana seems to think they are.much better than Davis. But, they haven't beaten a team with a .500 record or played as difficult a schecule.

Montana fans are at least semi-delusional if not fully. Say things like “when we get to the playoffs” when they will have 4 conference losses (yes, they will lose in Bozeman), have no good wins and a powder-puff out of conference schedule. Maybe RTD should be an acronym to “return to delusional” instead of “return to dominance”. 112 yards total offense against Weber? I will say there defense and special teams are good, but their offense is poor and totally unimaginative.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Where can I find info on the fun bus? When does it start running and when does it end? That is really nice to know because I saw something about the regular buses ending service at 4pm? Idaho Aggie mentioned that sometimes they park in lot 15....can you pay cash for those lots day of game or only the lower law lot? How early do I need to arrive to get a space?
    If I can't make it up in time for the lower law lot it is really nice to know I'd have options.
    I know WSU has the church where everyone parks and takes the bus to the game as a similar example for Pullman.

I love Moscow. It reminds me of Davis except with snow. I'm rooting for the Ags of course, but if they lose I'll feel better knowing it would probably get you into the playoffs. You all deserve it! I'm also a Cal fan so I'm 0-1 in attending games on the Palouse this season (I did see WSU vs CSU but that was just for fun). I'd like to see a win. How do Idaho fans feel about the Cougars? Do you hate them like Montana or Boise? Or is EWU your main rival?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    If you ever go to Martin Stadium, feel free to ask me questions. I've been to three games within the last year and have a high familarity with that stadium as my young son likes the Cougs. The Vandals and Cougs played a bunch of doubleheaders this year which was odd.
  • CA Forever
    Huge game today! GO AGS! BEAT THE VANDALS!
  • AggieFinn
    It's Football Day!!!
  • CA Forever
    Do we have any news on the health of the WRs? They were pretty dinged up against ISU.
  • NCagalum
    I had the same question but unless someone here has inside info, we won’t know until we see them take the field.
  • NCagalum
    It’s seems as if the Aggies have played with more pace lately and I think that may be the recipe for success today. I know the competition has been down, but I think the offense has generally gotten better over the course of the season (Weber sort of being an outlier). So, I think if turnovers are neutral or to the Ags advantage, I have a good feeling about todays game. I wonder if they will go to a silent count - although Eastern Washington did not do so. They did at Montana State and that was an outside venue (albeit packed and rocking). While it’s better than false starting all the time, I think going to a silent count hampers the offense as I think firing off the line is a bit tempered and the defense can also time it to some extent with the visual cues. Just my perception - may not be a big deal.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Bob Dunning takes the Ags by 3:

AGGIES over IDAHO … Wow, where did these upstart Vandals come from? Rugged on both sides of the ball, dangerous in the Kibbie Dome, and ready to take on all comers. Both teams have their eyes on a playoff bid, but Idaho has the inside track at this point after a breakout season under a new coaching staff. Still, home or away, the Ags are red-hot and ready to rumble. Take the University Farm by 3. (But don’t bet the Farm).

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/bobs-picks-where-did-the-upstart-vandals-come-from/
  • NCagalum
    Seems like many tuber fans think the best strategy is to control time of possession to limit possessions for Davis. Sort of what they dod with Montana. I think that strategy is more dependent on score and what stage the game is in.
  • Idaho Aggie
    Tubers? No, this is wheat and lentil country. BSU is in tuber country.
  • Toke69
    Glad to see so many going to the game to support the Aggies. Good thing it's indoors. I see the temperature this afternoon is in the upper 30s. I've only been to Moscow once when I visited my sister who is a EE prof at WSU right across the border. Seems like a nice college town. Go Ags!
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    In Moscow but not at the dome yet. Weather is about 40 with a light wind and sunny. Probably good it is indoors as it actually feels warmer than it has the last 4-5 days so advantage to the home team if played outside.
    Moscow downtown looks just like Davis particularly kind of by G St. do you'd like heei.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Just passed the UCD busses 3385rtbxstpq26m8.jpg
    moq9os6canrure1e.jpg
    rj8ahdnno1tssl3f.jpg
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    i82xznxpxrxf4krl.jpg
    uh5j1cisd0sklinl.jpg

This is going to make sound like a grump but we'll see how it goes today. Thus far I'm not allthat impressed but there's still an hour until kickoff. Everyone is super friendly though. Both Idaho events I've attended they really love to blast loud rap music at a level my six year old would not like if he were here. Martin Stadium actually is quieter music wise than most stadiums I've attended. Also negative is that they are cashless. But If the fans are loud that is different and something to encourage. The games at the new basketball arena have ads that are louder than the band or the the music so hopefully it won't be that bad today.

Vandal fans are great. Coug fans are probably even warmer but Vandals fans have been very polite and friendly. Certainly a plus.
  • NCagalum
    yah, tubers are in SE Idaho. Just going with the Idaho Potatoes theme.
  • NCagalum
    I hate the loud pounding music. Should just be school bands and fan noise.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    yep. I like it when the crowd is loud. I just don't like when the ads or music drowns out the crowd. UC Davis was pretty good about that when I was a student. WSU too. But still happy to be here. I spoke with a dad at the local bagel shop and he was really welcoming. All other Vandals have been really great with their GameDay tips.
  • CA Forever
    Almost game time! Let's go Ags!
  • ucdboyd
    Long drive but junior and I made itlk5n3frrcbziwxsv.jpg
  • CA Forever
    For those watching on ESPN+ make sure to refresh :up:
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    pretty awesome. Hopefully they'll win for you. Go Ags!
    I'm ready for the game.
  • Toke69
    TD Larison! Was that too easy?!!
  • CA Forever
    Wow... Offense looking SHARP!

TOOOOUCHDOWN AGGIES!
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Nice quick TD. q7jf1hbk4myjemnx.jpg
    Defense has gotta shine today.
  • movielover
    Offensive line killed it! Quick TD! All on the ground.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!