• BlueGoldAg
    You can watch former Aggie star PG, Ezra Manjon, playing in his first game with Vanderbilt at 7 p.m. vs Memphis on ESPN+ tonight. It will be interesting to see how Ezra does against a powerful SEC program like Memphis. As much as I hated losing him in the portal, I sure hope he does well.

"I think my role at Davis was obviously a big scoring role," Manjon said Tuesday. "Offensive role and defensive role, I carried a lot. But I think here, the big difference is just fitting in to the team. We have really good scorers already — Jordan, Myles and guys like that. I know I'm still a great scorer too, so I'll be able to fit in that way. But defensively, I think that's where I really show separation, and I love defense. I loved playing it at Davis, I loved it in high school and being an energy guy on defense, being able to harass the ball, I think that's a different look that Vandy is gonna be able to see this year."

https://247sports.com/college/vanderbilt/Article/Vanderbilt-basketball-Commodores-Ezra-Manjon-Paul-Lewis-to-form-all-new-PG-tandem-196153577/
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ezra gets the start at point for Vandy.
  • movielover
    Rough start for Vandy. EM 0-3, 1 assist, 1 rebound.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ezra played really tough defense which spurred a bit of a rally for Vandy who was ice cold. He took his Les-coached, hard working defense with him.

34-22 Memphis at the half. Cold shooting for Vandy: 30% including 2-14 from 3.
  • movielover
    He's got 3 assists now, but Memphis handled Vandy all game. One one player in double figures.
  • BlueGoldAg
    All in all, this was a good debut for Ezra. His coach, Jerry Stackhouse certainly has confidence in him. He played 30 minutes, the most of any Vandy player, and ended up with 6 points, 3 assists and a rebound.

He's not going to put up numbers like he did in the BW. It's going to be much tougher for him to drive inside against the kind of size and talent of the big men like Memphis, Kentucky, and Tennessee have. He showed that he will be a big part of this Vandy team and he can be a contributor at this level.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    When did Memphis join the SEC?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ooops...they didn't...they're in the AAC...my bad!
  • Toke69
    I see that Ezra leads the Commodores in assists and minutes played but also averages 6.2 points and 4.2 rebounds. Vanderbilt is 3-3.
  • BlueGoldAg
    He's done pretty well at Vandy. His role there is primarily handling the ball and making assists. He won't be scoring nearly as much as he did here.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I watched some of Vanderbilt's win over South Carolina tonight and Ezra had a great game and scored 23 points. His highest game at Davis was 27. He has really adjusted to the higher level of competition in the SEC.
  • DrMike
    yoks17w33d5hmjac.png

Speaking of former Ags, on his FIFTH team
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's crazy! He obviously finds it hard to be happy anywhere!
  • DrMike
    ‘lord I was born a rambling man’

Out of curiosity I checked others who left last year.

Caleb Fuller (grad transfer) is playing about 21 minutes per game at Montana State primarily off the bench. Averaging about 6 points and 4 rebounds. Glad he found a spot for his bonus year.

Aaron Murphy is playing with his brother at northwest nazerene, playing about 16 minutes a game. I thought he’d help us this year with his physical play down low.

No sign of Caleb McGill. Same with graduates Brian Shaw and Cameron Ba.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!