• agalum
    i havent started looking at rooms for Cheney, but it will be way less.
  • movielover
    Best Aggie away attendance in a while?
  • CA Forever
    4 teams in the Top 10 STATS FCS Poll lost. Room for the Aggies to make a big jump up this week. Potentially top 5?
  • DrMike
    Very impressive win. Kids are unflappable like Dan said. 3 3 and outs, than 5 scoring drives. Defense was awesome. After that first drive where they got a couple long runs, we forced them to grind out drives. Never got hurt on the pass, and that’s a sign of discipline. Quite a difference from last year when we were prematurely dancing on the sidelines.

6-1? Didn’t see that coming. I thought best case we COULD be 5-2 if we could best SJSU. I was hoping 3-1 in Sep, 2-1 in the next three (I upgraded that to 3-0 after September). Now it’s the real grind. Montana up there. Will NAU have Cookus? EWU up there in November. Sac looks like a lock BUT....

9-2 ain’t crazy, but it’s gonna be a battle!
  • movielover
    Good points. Poly helped us with a predictable offense run by 2 players between the hash marks, on the ground, almost exclusively.

Defensive improvement has been huge. Two solid ball carriers each capable of big games is big. Doss so key, HUGE that he came back. He doesn't seem to be getting the long ball.

The interesting thing is we haven't played to our full potential. This W was up there, but against a struggling team. Special teams still needs tweaking.
  • DrMike
    Funny that we guarantee first winning record since 2010 and nobody really notices. Raised expectations!!

Time to get aggressive with the fundraising so we can break ground in Phase 2 and really get the wheels rolling
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Hey, who wants to extend the Big Sky Conference slate possibly 2 more games? College Sports Madness thinks it could happen.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Ags are number 2 in the nation in the latest HERO Sports Top 25.

https://m.herosports.com/fcs-football-rankings
  • CA Forever
    If I remember correctly HERO Sports goes more with a power ranking rather than a pure ranking. So they are saying these teams have been the strongest recently and not so much looking at the entire season. That's why they have Incarnate Word (4-3) at 4th because they just pummeled McNeese. I think in a pure rankings the Aggies have a chance at top 5, but most likely top 7-8 after this performance.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Well, we are a 4 seed in the bracketology link above and as high as 5 elsewhere in my searches this morning. We’ll see what the STATS poll says tomorrow.
  • movielover
    Correct again. I think last year's improvement, close losses, the return of Doss, and the victory over San Jose State upped the ante.

And we even gave UCLA their top ball carrier since 2002! Josh Kelley produces 179 yards yesterday for the Bruins.

Can someone explain how teams earn home games in the playoffs? Simply a higher seed?

Championship Game: Frisco, Texas, Toyota Stadium with 20,000 seat stadium.
  • CA Forever
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I think the Aggies could make a case for being at 2. I also think that the polls are hesitant to raise teams a ton in 1 week.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I don’t think they are #2, unless they run the table (and then we can have the discussion)
  • CA Forever
    I don't think we are solidly number 2 but we could make the case at least right now. Davis has an equal to or better than every other team in the Top 10 (outside of NDSU) and have a stronger SoS than most of them, but not all, as well.
  • SochorField
    I don't give a crap what we are ranked. Beat Montana.

I'm going to go ahead and say it: we are are not a Top-10 team yet. But I'll take the cool ranking.

This is our first year being formidable opponent week-in and week-out since 2002.
    and we are just getting started in terms of getting this program back to yearly conference dominance.

We got a LONG way to go this season - Montana and Eastern on the ROAD, and NAU and Sac at home. 4 teams that can and will beat us if the team starts marveling at the rankings. I'm sure Hawk has already started in on them.
  • movielover
    No love for the Defensive players?

Roland Ocansey with the fumble recovery and score (I missed that one on break).

RFrosh Cam Trimble with 8 tackles to lead the team! Airey, Soph, 7 tackles. RFrosh Perryman and King, 10 tackles each. Bland 3 tackles. Hicks 2 tackles... special teams?

I thought Brandon Jamison had a sack on a delayed blitz, not in the box score.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Stats poll is an interesting one. ISU at #3 and two Ivies at 5 & 6. I watched ISU @ Liberty yesterday and they lost 48-41 but they were very impressive regardless. After the disappointment of their loss to us they traveled across the country to play an FBS team and put up 631 yards. The Gueller to Gueller combo as good as Maier to Doss. Not sure I'd want to play them again in the playoffs.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm nearly positive that Jamison had a sack also...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Davis Enterprise: Aggies wallop Cal Poly, score 52 unanswered

“They moved pretty good on us on that first drive,” Moe allowed. “But it was just a matter of getting used to what they were doing and all keeping our assignments.”

Defensive coordinator Robert Tucker agreed…

“I give all the credit to our defense for holding that team scoreless over the last three quarters. It was just a matter of getting used to the speed of the game, and once we did, we were able to shut them down. I’m very pleased with that effort.”

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/aggies-wallop-cal-poly-score-52-unanswered/
  • AggieFinn
    Homer highlights...

• BlueGoldAg
    The replay is now available on Big Sky TV. Just scroll back one day to October 20.

https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx
  • CA Forever
    They managed to get 4 and a half minutes highlights?
  • AggieFinn
    and a good chunk of it was waiting to see if there was an Aggie fumble.

However, I will say those cheerleaders are a highlight.
  • AggieFinn
    Watching the replay now!
  • movielover
    Is Doss not getting open deep this year?
  • CA Forever
    Teams are double and triple covering him. Opens other receivers up.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Notice how many times the Poly announcers, who I felt were very fair and knowledgeable, bemoan the Poly offensive decision making. They also were dumbfounded by the number of fair catches Poly made on our kickoffs to them when there wasn't an Aggie within 20 yards of the returner. The boo birds can be heard in the background also. Tough times for Poly...maybe time for a big change...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!