• movielover
    Don't forget Tehran Thomas. Beast.
  • CA Forever
    From what I read his injury took place before this last season even started. If that's the case, with proper rehab, he should be good to go.
  • Riveraggie
    I’d like to see Tehran go back to his freshman playing weight whatever that was (230lb ?) and be more of a power runner.
  • movielover
    +1. 235#s, punishing & fast.
  • DrMike
    Whether it’s 235 or 205, I just would like to see him out there
  • movielover
    I'd like to see Facey and some other youngsters, too. And DB Sean Harlston.
  • CA Forever
    I have faith that the coaches are going to put the players on the field that give us the best opportunity to win games. I have a hard time seeing a bunch of the other guys getting many snaps with Gilliam and Thomas on the roster unless we end up with more injuries (knock on wood) or we're beating up on a team.
  • movielover
    I partly agree. We're not at practice, a big disadvantage... competition. Who would have thought a freshman LB would be such a prominent player? Or who might excel on special teams, etc.
  • 88Aggie
    I never understood what happened to Harrell. He seemed like our number two receiver after Doss a couple years ago. Then last year he had hardly any catches.
  • Riveraggie
    Regarding running back depth, last year we started with our third running back being a smallish converted wide receiver who got injured and had to go to another wide receiver who had just converted from quarterback and that guy got hurt too. We were relying on Gilliam almost exclusively whether he was banged up or not. I’m sure it affected play-calling and negatively affected our offense. So it would be nice to see a few guys step forward.
  • CA Forever
    Oh definitely. I'm not saying young guys SHOULDN'T get the chance, just that it's harder when there are established veterans in the mix. With Moe graduating and Bland not playing this last season, Eaton had the perfect opportunity to step up giving the gaps and he shined.

Like movie said, I'm not in the practices to see what's going on. I'm saying that I still have faith that Hawk is making the correct personnel choices at this point in time. If there were healthy guys available, but they still gave Gilliam the overwhelming percentage of the carries it had to have been because they thought it gave us the best chance at winning. I agree that having variability in the run game benefits the team. I think that all 3 of the incoming backs add their own personal wrinkle to the equation as well. Peyton is a stud, Ward looks like he can punish, and the coaches seem very high on Larison as a general athlete and not just the QB that he played in HS.
  • CA Forever
    ATH Trejon Apodaca has committed to NAU
  • SloStang
    https://mobile.twitter.com/milesmeynell/status/1222778532222226433

6’5” 240 OL/DE Mike Meynell commits to the Aggies.
  • Riveraggie
    I don’t question the coaches allocation of playing time. Gilliam is great. But remember the game where they just had him,
    Niko Harris, and Hirota ? Gilliam had to come back in pretty clearly hurting and finish that game which almost got away. We need running backs aside from Gilliam and Thomas that the coaches have confidence in. I’m sure we have some on the roster now but they have to earn it.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Looks like Meynell had offers from San Jose State and San Diego as well.
  • movielover
    Looks like the new commit will play OLine (he tags Keene in his tweet).

I believe someone said ALL of the RBs were down (except Gilliam) ... so either Hirota & Harris were down, or they didn't want them getting pounded by the toughest of BS competition.
  • Riveraggie
    in the Southern Utah game Niko had 6 carries and then got hurt. Hirota also had six carries. Gilliam had 28. We were looking great on the ground in the first half, but after losing Niko and Gilliam sitting for a while we didn’t have much success, not surprising.
  • blueforce
    My, this is another big class. There's gonna be a ton of competition. I love it.
  • movielover
    San Jose Mercury today compliments the early Aggie signees

"Best Bay Area hauls"

"That honor probably belongs to Washington State, which already has signatures from DBs Justin Anderson (Menlo-Atherton) and Jackson Lataimua (Serra), OL James McNorton (Liberty) and LB Moon Ashby (Valley Christian).

"On a smaller scale, UC-Davis surely has to be pleased with Campolindo QB Grant Harper, St. Ignatius LB Teddye Buchanan and Valley Christian safety Kavir Bains. Ditto Eastern Washington with De La Salle OL Ben Roe, Benicia DB Kameron Lane and Liberty RB Justice Jackson, who has committed but isn’t signed."
  • CA Forever
    Robert Greer has committed to Cal Poly
  • DrMike
    Big recruiting visit day today;should be a bunch at the basketball game tonight
  • movielover
    Go Ags! Already an awesome recruiting class... deep at many positions ... could use a couple of beasts on Defense, especially DLine.
  • DrMike
    Mostly kids who have signed in November, but some DL kids they are after
  • CA Forever
    LB Jaden Dillon was one of the uncommitted/unsigned players visiting last night. Also holds an offer from San Diego.
  • SoCal J
    Quick, big frame to add weight. Started 3 years in Southern Section D1/2. http://www.hudl.com/v/2BjZVX
  • CA Forever
    DL Wale Familoni commits to Air Force
  • DrMike
    I didn’t realize signing day is tomorrow. Seems like we’ll be signing more on this second date than last season
  • CA Forever
    PWO guy, but plays on both sides of the ball. Tall and rangy. 5 interceptions senior season and 700+ yards receiving.... oh yeah and a 4.8 GPA

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!