• DrMike
    i think Audience is available on Direct TV. i was watching the end of the EWU-Idaho game in a hotel room that had Direct.
  • MTBAggie
    Is there any reason other teams seem to get their game notes out quicker/sooner than us? NDSU had theirs on Tuesday or Wednesday, Montana has them up right now. But Davis seems to put them out a day or two later.

https://gogriz.com/documents/2019/9/24//FINAL_UC_Davis_Notes.pdf

EDIT - Doh, spoke too soon.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/documents/2019/9/25//092819_FB_Notes_Montana.pdf
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Audience is channel 239 on DirecTV.
  • movielover
    The College of Agriculture, Davis (or such) Band reportedly will play on Saturday! Has to be worth at least a field goal.
  • MTBAggie
    Coaches show is up on YouTube.
  • agalum
    I agree with Scott Berry, this team is on the verge of putting everything together and being great. Montana looking for revenge, should be a great match up.
  • Riveraggie
    he provided zero explanation of his pick so who cares?
  • AggieFinn

Hey, I'm just a reporter man - and nothing gets the emotions high like stirring up the pot ;)

Also, last year in Missoula, the Aggies were down what 24-3 or something at half time? Felt like we didn't belong, and then the second half changed perspective on everything within the program. Now, we're expecting to beat Montana, when last year it seemed like an uphill climb. Let's not forget the level of competitor that's coming in on Saturday. Everything to prove with revenge in their hearts. We're getting a best shot on Saturday, and if the Aggies are for real, they can't let down after last week...even with the injuries.
  • DrMike
    it was 21-3 last year. i was there, on the field, and it wasn't going well. what impressed me at the time was the demeanor of the coaches -> no panic. players were rattled, but they seemed to get things under control at halftime (although we didn't score on the opening drive when half the stadium was still out in the parking lot, something that i thought at the time was a sign that we'd lose).

the biggest difference between halves last year was the pressure we got on their QB. in the first, he was very efficient passing, and picked up some nice yardage running. he's a big guy, not what you tend to picture when you think 'running QB'. second half, we got alot of pressure on him. a big strip sack led to a quick TD and i think hurt his shoulder -> right after that he had 2 INTS on long out patterns where there was no zip on the ball. offense started feeding off the defense, and vice versa, and BOOM, 40-something straight points.

i will say, that was the LOUDEST experience I ever had, and i saw KISS at the old Winterland in the 70's! from what i heard, the Fargodome was loud and electric, but nothing like Montana.
  • Riveraggie
    I’m sure there are lots of reasons to pick Montana to win. But the reason given by Craig basically is because they want to. Surely in a paragraph he can make a better argument than that.
    Last year’s game momentum changed with the Crawford pass, we can’t count on surprising them again. We have two teams with very close offensive statistics this year, veteran quarterbacks, Our defense looks a little better statistically, and we’ve played tougher competition, but partially explaining their defense stats is they gave up 560 yards to Oregon.. on the otherhand they got some stops so it wasn’t a total blow out. But we looked better against Cal than they did against Oregon. We’re home so we should be favored slightly
  • MTBAggie
    Has there been any info released regarding players who were injured last week in the NDSU game?
  • Riveraggie
    I think college football has a rule against injury reports.
    Hawkins when asked about injuries seems to always joke about his hip or knee.
  • DrMike
    I had heard that the injuries were not as bad as they looked during the NDSU game; not sure if that means all of those players are available for Saturday, or that they will be available soon.
  • movielover
    NDSU fans were impressed with our NG Suani.

Full house Saturday?
  • zythe
    Any tips for stadium seating for this game?

I don’t want to get sunburned. Is there a good area to sit for this not to happen?
  • DrMike
    forecast for Saturday is 71 (its been bouncing around in that range, up to 75). pretty mild at kickoff. entire stadium will be in the sun at the beginning, and the sun shouldnt be the face of the student/east side until pretty late in the game. we're at the top of 123 (just below the press box), and i doubt we'll be out of the sun the entire game. we really lucked out with the weather. if yesterday's weather would have been the forecast, it would have been miserable.
  • zythe
    I just went to a USC game against Utah at the LA Coliseum.

Night games are the way to go!
  • AggieFinn

At 1 pm, there is almost nowhere to hide, you'll have better luck under the scoreboard on the grass (it will be full of people in the shade) and on the West side of the stadium (the pressbox side)

It is going to be hot, bring your sun hats, take in water and sports drinks. Update: Forecast is for the 70's now, ok, so not quite a burner but tons of sun.
  • Riveraggie
    I liked what the TV guys said regarding Drakely after he broke up a play, something along the lines of “Bison fans appreciate his service, if not necessarily that play”.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Missoula is a great trip with the Wash-Griz atmosphere, hospitality of Griz fans, and the relative accessibility with a drive from Spokane (went during the Denham days). I already have the ‘22 visit on my radar - not sure with the early November date though.
  • DrMike
    apparently there is a pre-game concert friday night that the athletic department is putting on to get the students interested in showing up. love to see a big crowd of them, and a big victory to get them hooked.
  • 69aggie
    After hearing Hawks speech regarding fostering Aggie ethics of hard work, humility and helping your players and mankind generally before your self, please hear this story of a recent Aggie grad who works as a viticulturist in Napa and Sonoma Counties. She’s an attractive blond gal around 23-24 and is in charge of a lot of vineyards in these parts including looking after vineyard health, irrigation picking time,and watching over the picking crews. Early this week it was 100+ and she was with her crew on the Sonoma Valley west facing slope at around 4:00pm so it was probably 110+/- up there in the full sun. She has a mule, but insists on walking with her crew up and down along the rows, making sure everyone is hydrated and taking salt pills. She is with them the ENTIRE shift! Eats with them, jokes with them, shares family stories with them etc. and speaks good Spanish when about 4:30 shouts went out that a crewman was down probably from heat exhaustion. She promptly called 911 And got him on the ambulance, rode with him to the hospital and stayed with him until he was released (most of these workers have no family in this country). Then she went back to work with the picking crew into the night. That her crews adore her is a given. That she is a young female Anglo “boss” that is considered family by her Hispanic crew is quite extraordinary. This is a story that will never get in the papers but I thought you guys would enjoy it. Hawk would be very proud indeed. By the way, the next day the vineyard owner came to the worksite and said to the crews that due to yesterday anyone can choose not to work today. Not a single member of her crews took that offer. It was 105 the next day.
  • movielover
    Do they get overtime and decent wages?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!