• BaseballAtDobbins
    For those of you in Yolo/Sacramento/Solano counties, have you heard any rumors of Picnic Day Cancellation yet? I can't imagine they would keep the event running. Any articles in the media yet regarding the event and COVID-19?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I haven’t heard anything specific but its just a matter of time.
  • 69aggie
    A litttle off topic, but Dunning just reported that ESPN is saying the transfer rules ARE going to change soon. The NCAA working group will propose a new rule that will allow for a one time transfer for ALL sports. I agree this is probably only fair. I just hope the BWC doesn’t become a PAC 12 feeder conference.
  • movielover
    They can already transfer. You mean transfer & not have to sit a year?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    It’s now been officially cancelled
  • movielover
    I don't know why some of these events can't merely be postponed. We don't know where we will be in 3, 4, 5 weeks.
  • fugawe09
    Interim Vice Chancellor Emily Galindo came out with a statement today blaming coronavirus on the Band-uh students and their boisterous limericks. The university will be issuing a strongly worded letter condemning coronavirus for infecting people orally without their consent. They will also be hosting a Principles of Community virtual group hug and solar-powered carbon-neutral digital vigil.
  • Goags20172
    That was hilarious. Unfortunately it's not entirely ridiculous considering some of the crap that goes on there.
    It's gotten to the point where I'd be more worried about being killed by a z- tard riding an e- scooter while texting-than the coronavirus- at UCD. I really don't support the university's direction and the new age brainwashing- dumbassery that the students blindly obey. When they had that big protest about the bank branch+ camped on the quad I yelled at them, "Stop wasting your parents' money and go to class, fools !"

Brains do not equal common sense. The only funds UCD gets from me anymore are the pennies from my state income taxes that get funnelled down + whatever I spend on baseball games. The latter is going away soon too. Shakedown letters go right in the shredder. That's just my personal choice, not encouraging anyone else to withhold their support.

All the same I'm perfectly fine with them cancelling Picnic Day. Ever since the year Scott Heinig (sp ?) died at that party (and possibly before) it has just seemed like an excuse for debauchery. I hate that the current and former students ruin it for the interested future students + their families. On the flip side it's a big hit to the local economy, so I'm conflicted.
  • 72Aggie
    I'm just taking a shot here, but we know that events like Picnic Day are planned long in advance. Even moving it a few weeks takes a lot of planning. If we look back 3,4,5 weeks ago, who ever thought we'd be where we are today? Say the school moves it 5 weeks, and then 3 or 4 weeks from now things haven't changed, or are worse, so they are faced with moving it again. And, with the current state of affairs, who is around over the next couple of weeks to do all the "stuff" that has to be done to make the move?

Sometimes you just bite the bullet.

Again, just my two cents (which according to my banker is now only one cent.)
  • movielover
    I gotcha. PD tough.

Not so with May or June Madness. Make the call 3, 4, 6 weeks out when the trajectory is stable. Weather warmer.
  • fugawe09
    Today is I think the first Picnic Day since WWII not held. Hopefully back twice a good next year. Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    Think how much we’ll appreciate Picnic Day next year!
  • cmt
    We should probably just do a May or June Picnic Day. Everything will be fine then. Just like May Madness.
  • movielover
    +1.

Or June Madness, even with limited or no fans. It would give us something to be uplifted & unified together. ... MLB playoffs in the Fall... take-out orders up, unites kids & parents.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!