• movielover
    Isn't the typical Sac State BA earned on the 8-year plan?
  • DrMike
    not if you want to be eligible-> minimum progress toward major as well as units
  • DavisAggie
    Seriously, that is complete BS
  • AggieFinn
    Hoping for the best...one thing about San Jose games...won't exactly be a crowd, will it....
  • DrMike
    remember that the home stands are closed in preparation of an athletic performance center so capacity is around 17000. The normal turnout of 13k or so will be more intimate
  • movielover
    I should have added a s/.
  • 69aggie
    Wait a minute. Glorious Stable Genius Leader has just come up with an easy solution to this problem and it doesn’t need any testing. All players will simply be injected with disinfectant (Clorox, Lysol, etc., your choice) and generously exposed to bright light. Problem solved. Let the games begin!
  • movielover
    Well, he's apparently right about New York ventilator demand, Communist China, heat potentially killing the virus & HCQ. 4 out of 5 not bad. :mask:
  • Riveraggie
    Plus he stays up on the latest news in medicine, including shining light in the lungs.
    https://aytubio.com/healight/
  • DavisAggie
    Prediction: attendance will be capped at a few thousand, fans have to be spaced, with masks
  • movielover
    Why spacing & masks? Two California doctors debunking our actions today (not 2 months ago). Highly recommended video.

Susan Shelley@Susan_Shelley

"Here are two emergency room physicians in Kern County going through local, state, national and international data and concluding that lockdowns are not only unnecessary, they are dangerous. Child molestation, domestic violence on the rise. Must see TV."

Dr. Erickson COVID Briefing

,https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU

https://twitter.com/Susan_Shelley/status/1253884424917143552?s=20
  • DavisAggie
    Crime is down everywhere, but the results on domestic violence are harder to interpret. I wouldn't rely on a single Dr. from Kern County.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020/04/22/is-domestic-violence-rising-during-the-coronavirus-shutdown-here-s-what-the-data-shows
  • AggieFinn

The better informed.

Good news?

Anybody on that Zoom conference call?
  • DrMike
    the one coming up with Hawkins? I plan to attend
  • AggieHex08
    @movie A UC Davis education should have taught you how to accurately find information from reliable and authoritative sources.

We literally are doing some of the groundbreaking research on how this disease is spread. For instance this paper was written by Professor William Ristenpart. Please avoid the conspiracy theories. We are one of the premier research and science institutions in the world. Let's act like it.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02786826.2020.1749229
  • blueforce
    we're here to talk about Aggie Football
  • 72Aggie
    There is a “Covid-19” thread on the “OT Board” of this website which might be a better place for the free exchange of ideas on this particular topic.
  • DrMike
    on a football note, there is a zoom call with Hawkins for season ticket holders today. Dan is always entertaining. I’m sure much will be centered on virus impact on the players’ lives now. Probably not much speculation on fall.
  • Goags20172
    The title of this topic is "San Jose Game Out ?" And why would it be out ? So COVID- 19 DOES have a rightful place in this discussion. And really, how much can you really analyze a game that probably won't happen, or that you probably won't be allowed to attend if it does ?

What I believe does not have a place is using this as a forum to belittle the president and people who support his politics. We do have a right to criticize the president's actions on the job, but the world doesn't need 800,000 Trevor Noahs right now. They need people to shut up and do what's best for everyone's safety. He's not even that funny, and probably has people writing his jokes.

I took heat on here and lashed out at some people the last time I defended Movielover. Apparently some people on here value the opinions of trash- talking Gaucho fans more than his. Had I known that I would've stayed silent.

Movielover seems to be the lone voice advocating a quicker return to normal. That's fine. It gives a differing viewpoint for discussion. Those of you who disagree (most people), could you please limit your comments to addressing his ideas (relevant to the topic) and not what qualities you're projecting on him? This is how these discussions get out of control. All this baseless snark is a trademark of generations Y and Z, only they do it with GIFS and video clips and mostly on newer forms of social media. You know, the ones hellbent on portraying their elders as backward racists. Never mind those backward racists invented the very thing that forms the backbone of their lives. Come on, we're better than the terrible smartphone obsessed generations, and we're losing soldiers due to COVID- 19. And no this isn't because I was wrong earlier. I graciously admitted to that.
  • AggieHex08
    If we are discussing the impact of COVID-19 on there being a football game this fall, let's just do our best as graduates from one the best research university in the world to try to cite actual verified scientific sources. There is nothing wrong with advocating for a quicker return, let's just make sure we are smart about the sources we read/share.
  • NCagalum
    DrMike He could still have some eligibility and collect social security at the same time.

LOL
  • 72Aggie
    S.I article on prospects for Cal and Pac-12 football in the fall...

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/cal-football-napolitano
  • cmt

Ok boomer.

old.jpg
  • movielover
    Jake Curtis: "Since Nevada, with its 5,300 confirmed COVID-19 cases, is likely to return to normalcy more quickly than California, with its 52.000 coronavirus cases. "

Did Curtis ever consider Nevada's population of 3 Million? :chin:
  • AggieFinn

Wyoming will be back to normal first... the entire state is populated by basically the population of Sacramento.

San Jose, 1.03M - doubt there will be "games" without a significant drop in cases, or rates of cases. It's May now, mark roughly 4 months until football is supposed to be back...not even counting fall camp.
  • Goags20172
    Thanks for making my case for me lol. Getting your generation ridiculed is a rite of passage. Everyone goes through it. To tell the truth just about every generation is worse than the one that preceded it in some ways. We all grow up thinking our elders are backwards. Then there's that one day when you wake up and realize they were right. Someday that will happen to you. Hopefully that will be before you run your rented e- scooter into a pole because you were busy texting about the location of the next "Every Caucasian Man Over 30 is a Bigot" club meeting.

I realize this is a lot of words for the average younger person. Unfortunately this site doesn't offer enough types of emoji for me to translate this into millennial- speak.

Have a nice day.
  • cmt

Let’s see, where do I start correcting you.

I’m not under 30.
    I’ve never ridden an e-scooter.
    I’ve never intentionally used an emoji.
    I don’t think every white man over 30 is a racist.

It really says something that you called out Trevor Noah in the first post of yours that I responded to. Tons of other late night comedians who make jokes at Trump’s expense and call out his BS and yet you call out the black guy by name. I’m not calling you a racist, but the optics aren’t good.

Elders don’t know everything. They also shouldn’t be ignored. Youngsters don’t know everything. They also should just be dismissed offhand because you don’t like how they communicate.

That’s about enough time spent on someone who is clearly very close minded.
  • movielover
    And you played the race card, similiar to how Joe Biden called our President a xenophobe for shutting down travel from China at the end of January. (Biden had to apologize, and everyone else ignores that that one decision easily saved tens of thousands of American lives.)
  • cmt
    I don't know why we're even debating whether or not football should be played in the fall. The coronavirus has been completely under control since early March just like Trump said it would. Some would even call it a miracle that it disappeared!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!