• BlueGoldAg
    Interesting. I'm not surprised to see the bigger athletic programs seeking out Kevin Blue and, with the kind of salaries that those programs can offer, I'm sure he will be checking out the opportunities. He's highly valued here and bigger is definitely not always better so I hope he doesn't get blinded by the huge salaries that the elite programs can offer. I would like to see him stay here for a very long time but I don't think that's likely given his stellar reputation as a visionary AD and his track record of success here.
  • CA Forever
    Yeah, I'm pretty much 0% surprised. Kevin Blue is a hot commodity as an AD. He's young, has big visions, and is incredibly ambitious. I think him staying at Davis for the long term is very very unlikely as much as I would like him to stay.
  • 72Aggie
    He came here from a Pac-12 school. Not surprised to see Pac-12 schools looking at him, and expect he will check it all out. The coronavirus situation might make larger schools more attractive because they have a better chance of getting through this with less damage and their programs still intact.

I recall when the Ags won the D-II basketball title and Williams left that someone, probably the then A.D., said something like 'we knew we couldn't keep him here forever.'

Hope Blue stays, but wish him well wherever he ends up. Makes us realize what great things we had with Sochor, Foster, Biggs....who preferred the situation at bucolic lil ol' UCD.

I say having gone to a small high school, attending UCD, and getting a professional degree from a smaller school.

Go Ags!

OK, now I've read it and we cn breathe a short sigh of relief...for now.

"Three candidates who were at one time among the front runners for the job -- Fresno State AD Terry Tumey, UC Davis AD Dr. Kevin Blue and UCLA senior associate athletic director Josh Rebholz -- have been told they are no longer being considered.

Tumey was never even interviewed for the position, according to sources."

Won't comment on the Tumey references. Nothing to be said.
  • 69aggie
    Who hired Les? Tumey or Wareska? Hey, one of them did something right. Tumey is just a candle that will not go out. Got to hand it to him. We are a bottomless pit of talent. Blue sticks for 4-5 years IMHO.
  • aggiblu
    Warzecka's last hire.
  • Aggiepride04
    No surprise to see Blue open to other opportunities he views as greater than UCD. Glad we were able to avoid losing him this time around.

When he does eventually leave for a larger AD job who is in the pipeline to replace him ?
  • AggieFinn
    Good people cost money, good people are in high demand. It should always be competitive for employers to keep those who bring a lot to the table...Blue is certainly that, and if the Aggies want to compete they'll have to appeal to him in a variety of ways.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!