• SloStang
    There were trolls on the Cal Poly board that bullied anyone that posted anything positive and it chased off a lot of the participants. That and having losing seasons the last 3 or 4 years dampened the enthusiasm. Hopefully if Baldwin can turn it around the board will become more active.
  • agalum

So Slo, do we gang up on you over here, lol? I agree with Forever. It just doesn’t feel like a rivalry week. Lord I’m glad we dont have to deal with that triple option :).
  • DrMike
    It’s just a weird ‘season’. Weber seems like weeks ago and Idaho a dim memory. I may be up in Davis tomorrow and do a drive through and/or walk by for some part of the game. Be fun to hear a PA announcer booming out of the stadium
  • BlueGoldAg
    My wife and I will be traveling for a month to Joshua Tree National Park, Tucson and Sedona and are leaving Saturday morning. Does anyone know if there will be any television replays of the game?
  • agalum
    https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article250034934.html

“ Cal Poly lost its lone game, last week to Southern Utah 34-24 in coach Beau Baldwin’s Mustangs debut. He is familiar with UCD, sporting a 3-0 mark against the Aggies from his head-coaching tenure at Eastern Washington, which included winning the FCS national championship in 2010.”

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article250034934.html#storylink=cpy
  • Riveraggie
    if you can stream from Internet replays are on demand on big sky site
    https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx
  • DrMike
    Baldwin might find it a little harder to get players who can meet SLO’s academics, compared to his days at EWU.
  • agalum

Excellent point. Totally agree.
  • SloStang
    Baldwin may not have as large of pool of players to draw from as he did when he was at EWU, but he has a lot more to sell as for as location and the quality of the degree to the players he does target which is much the same for Hawkins.
  • DrMike
    I agree; SLO Is an easy sell. Just pointing out the player pool shrinks considerably going from EWU to any of the 3 California schools. He hit paydirt with a few kids from my home town that could never qualify for a CSUS or UC.
  • Riveraggie
    How does Cal Poly team get to Davis? And vice versa. I was astounded that Southern Utah took a two day 10 hr bus trip to Cal Poly and practiced at their midway stop.
  • fugawe09
    I think in the past buses were the norm between Davis and SLO but I'm not sure what they do these days. At a ~4 hour drive I would think you are approaching the break even on time when you factor ground transport and logistics on both ends. Santa Maria is the nearest airport to SLO that can land 737s and A319s. Allegiant does have operations there and I think that's the airline teams typically charter. The problem for SUU may have been on the other end in that the nearest airport of note is Las Vegas, and that's already 2.5 hour drive from Cedar City. (Of course for Band-uh types, 10 hours on a bus with a hotel stay sounds like luxury. I remember driving straight through to hellholes like Conway, Arkansas, sleeping on random floors.)
  • DrMike
    They were on buses the last time we were down there
  • elfan

Fugawe has it right. Has always been a bus trip. Chartering from Sac to Santa Maria isn't much of a time saver and comes at great expense.
  • CA Forever
    Gameday! Lets go put the beatdown on some ponies! GO AGS!
  • BlueGoldAg
    My wife and I will be on the road driving to Joshua Tree National Park so I hope I will be able to stream the radio broadcast. It will make the drive fell shorter if the Ags pick up a W. GO AGS!!
  • NCagalum
    Let’s make it 4 in a row.
  • DrMike
    you mentioned Nick Easton who has been relatively quiet. How about Cade Peacock? I see he has participated in both games with one tackle. He was a budding stud the last year he was healthy . He is listed as a Junior but only played as a true freshman in 18 (sat out 19)
  • Riveraggie
    They’re both listed at the rush position in the depth chart. It seems that’s where players go to disappear at least stat wise.

I suppose that position is basically a weak side defensive end. That’s probably the role Peacock played in 2018, but not Eaton. Since there are no stats coming from that position, maybe the defense doesn’t have a rush player on many downs. Seems like we have a lot of talent sharing the one position, I wonder how locked into a specific role players are. Do Eaton and Peacock ever play at the same time?
  • movielover
    I hadn't really thought of it before, but do the linemen take on the battle in the trenches, often allowing others to rack up the stats (tackles)?
  • DrMike
    the interior guys do a lot of the ‘grunt work’, taking on lineman and trying to wreck blocking schemes, to make it easier for LBs to get tackles, or edge guys the sacks
  • agalum
    Wow, the masks really muffle the audio from Scott Berry and Scott Marsh
  • NCagalum
    Take the ball on the 25.
  • Zander
    I don't know who's most to blame for that but it doesn't matter, can't happen
  • CA Forever
    Rodrigues HAS to get rid of the ball. What was he thinking there.
  • NCagalum
    Ok. Fair catch the kick and take it on the 25.
  • CA Forever
    That's about all you can ask of the defense in that situation.
  • movielover
    Is the bloom off Rodriguez? Disastrous.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!