• NCagalum
    Illinois State takes down northern iowa in OT. Despite having beaten both South Dakota State and Southern Illinois, I would say Northern Iowa is out of the playoffs since northern iowa, even if winning out (and beating Missouri state), would have 4 losses. This is sort of going by cmt’s rule/research. Just seems like MVFC and Big Sky tend to cannibalize themselves but I think committee knows that.

A fellow choir member is an Illinois State alum and always asks about UCD. He collects college emblem golf balls and asked me to get him one for UCD. I found some with CA athletic logo. Pretty pricey for 4 sleeves, but will parse out for gifts. One for him, me, a brother, and if anyone wants a sleeve PM me. I am sure to lose mine in short order if used on golf course. Maybe I should just use them to putt.
  • DavisAggie
    many teams with 4 loses make the playoffs. N. Iowa made it one year with 5 losses
  • cmt
    Northern Iowa could definitely still get in. If they went 7-4, they seem to have the resume to get in.

NDSt and SDSt are almost certainly in. Southern Illinois I would think would be in also since they should finish 8-3. If Northern Iowa wins out, that would mean beating Missouri State, who would then also finish 7-4. Missouri St would only end up with 1 win against a team probably ranked at the end of the year. Northern Iowa would not only have the H2H win over Missouri St but wins over SDSt, Southern Illinois and Sac St. South Dakota (6-3) is also in the mix but they end the year with SDSt and NDSt, so decent chance they end up 6-5. They did beat Northern Iowa, but that's their only win over a team that would be ranked. So barring upsets, I wouldn't be surprised if Northern Iowa gets in. They played every good team in that conference plus added Sac St.
  • agalum

Lots of respect from me for N. Iowa. I’ll never forget the respect they showed for our injured player during our game with them. The entire team took a knee.
    And remember the missed field goal we kicked that was actually good?
  • DrMike
    having those teams beat each other up, opens up a potential spot for a BSC team. NAU is out, and Portland has Sac and EWU upcoming so they are likely out. Could the other top 5 all get in?
  • cmt
    I think the Big Sky gets 5 in barring someone losing a game they shouldn't. The CAA appears to not be as good this year which helps on the at-large bid front. JMU and Villanova are locks. William and Mary and Rhode Island could both get to 8-3, but W&M still plays James Madison so they're probably going 7-4. Rhode Island could get to 8-3 but they haven't beaten a single good team this year. They just beat FBS UMass but UMass probably wouldn't make the FCS playoffs (in Sagarin, they're ranked 9 spots below Idaho St and two spots above Northern Colorado. William and Mary beat Villanova but that's it. So they could only be a 3-bid league which helps.
  • MarktheBronco
    Good luck on Saturday against Eastern Washington.
  • NCagalum
    Pass fest statistics. (and you thought Eastern Washington was the only team with gaudy numbers - except for last 2 weeks and hopefully this week)
    Total passing yardage
    Southeastern LA 774
    Incarnate Word. 711

Two very good QBs. SE La Cole Kelly 6’7” 260 lbs. won the Payton award last year. Cameron Ward 6’ 3” 225 of UIW also very good. Caveat is that both teams and Southland in general operate on the defense optional principle.
  • agalum
    And one year ago we were watching reruns. Lots of exciting football being played. Heck, even the Steelers - Bears game was a nail biter.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!