• NCagalum
    Amazing how Montana can keep so close on the scoreboard with no offense. 114 yards of offense.
  • agalum
    Now a big show down with Slac
  • movielover
    Weber wins 24-21
  • 72Aggie
    Portland State ran out to a decent lead on the road against Eastern Washington and then held on to win 38-35.
  • movielover
    Sac scores quickly, up 7-0.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac 17 Idaho 7 at the half.
  • AggieFinn
    24-7 now Sac
  • agalum
    And just like that, 28-24 vandals, 4th quarter.
  • cmt
    Did Sac's QB get hurt? Only 8-19 passing for 92 yards in the game and the backup QB has 26 carries.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac continues their dream season by beating Idaho 31-28.
  • agalum

Looked ok. But he tossed 2 picks.
  • 72Aggie
    These last two games have been character builders for Sac. Up until last week they had never trailed in a game. That sounds good in the press release, but a team that has never trailed has no experience playing from behind, or coming back to win in crunch time. OT last week, trailing with two minutes to go tonight, but they pulled out the wins.

The bad news for Sac fans is that Cal lost again, almost assuring they will not be bowl eligible again and may be looking for a coach soon.
  • agalum
    I think Slac peaked early. Maybe its related to the quality of opponents. We seem to be peaking during the second half of the season. Its making the big sky exciting. If we win next week, i might burn some frequent flyer miles and go to the vandals game.
  • movielover
    They were run heavy, chunk plays over and over. Running 3-4 guys.

BTW, I am thoroughly and consistently impressed with Jeremiah Chukwudobe - get him a few carries with the 1s next week! He broke off the run of the night, broke at least 3 tackles.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac and Idaho both have very athletic and talented players. They're going to very tough opponents for the Ags.
  • movielover
    Yes. We have to learn how to win big games.
  • NCagalum
    Dunniway is physically fine but has looked off the past couple of weeks. 2 picks against Idaho and 3 against Montana although I think one against Montana was a Hail Mary at end of first half. I think his confidence has been rattled. Without O’Hara, Sac loses the Idaho game and likely the Montana game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    O'Hara is an impressive competitor as is Skattebo. Both are hard to stop.
  • NCagalum
    Sac’s definite tendency when O’Hara is in, is O’Hara following Scattabo as the lead blocker. Tough to stop but I would plan on it.
  • AggieFinn
    I'm reading here that the family name Skattebo is of Norwegian descent, and O'Hara is obviously from Zimbabwe.

Sorry, the name Skattebo peaked my interest as to its origins.

Of the more interesting names for the Aggies, I'm coming across some cool facts:

RB Jeremiah Chukwudobe, who had a nice run in the 4th quarter vs. Poly, is cousins with Jets WR Quincy Enunwa (former Nebraska standout). Nigerian origin that means "the great god", derived from Igbo chi "god, spiritual being" and úkwú "great". In traditional Igbo belief Chukwu is the supreme deity and the creator the universe. Christian Igbo people use this name to refer to the Christian god.

DL Michael Ambagtsheer has a common American variation of the Dutch/Flemish surname Ambachtsheer.

OL Nico Sarale is now a distinctly Californian name according to ancestry.com - it has been traced for 1000 years going back to the UK, but the Sarale folk nowadays almost solely reside on the west coast, especially California. in 1940, all the Sarale's in America were farmers. Sarales were recorded in history as some of the first European settlers of the United States.

Other Notables:
    OL Connor Pettek, originally Poetek...Polish origin.
    WR Lance Babb II, Anglo-Latin-Greek origin
    DL Noa Masui, Japanese origin
    Ernesto Nava, Spanish origin (Hebrew as well)

A lot of English/Irish, some Polynesian, couple of French, one Armenian, Italian, West African and Spanish surnames as well. Interesting mix.
  • AggieFinn
    Tremendous speed for Portland State on offense.

12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!