• AggieFinn
    Well, I'll be there, and all the Oregon Aggies will be too.

Let's ball out...and make it back to Davis healthy.
  • AggieFinn2
    Oregon State wins 62-3. They miss an extra point in there somewhere.
  • agalum
    Beavers play SJ state Sunday, televised on CBS, 12:30. SJ was beat easily by USC 56-28. With our Thursday game, thus gives us a few extra days to scout and prep for the Beavers.
  • SochorField
    I may head down to SJSU to catch the Beaver game tomorrow......Curious about the Spartans' facilities upgrades as well.
  • MTBAggie
    Ooph, OSU up 21-3 on SJSU.
  • MTBAggie
    I had my fingers crossed it'd be closer...
  • agalum
    Martinez is tough. Its going to be a big challenge.
  • CA Forever
    Took em 3 whole quarters, but SJSU put a TD on the board. Beavs up 28-10.
  • NCagalum
    Oregon State looked very good. SJ State could not run at all. U……..lelei had time for a couple of cups of coffee in the pocket much of the day.

Gonna be a tall task next week. Hoping that they do better than SJSU.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I'd almost rather see them pull the starters after the first quarter if it's more than three scores esp after winning the first game.
  • AggieFinn
    Beavers looking extremely strong.

Here's the highlight reel from San Jose:

• CA Forever
    Any given Saturday! Jokes aside, if we can come out of this game with few injuries and clean up the turnovers then I will be happy.
  • CK2
    Osu gets a bump from today. Decent one. Oregon St -25/26 ish over UCD.
  • DavisAggie
    best opponent we've faced since TCU
  • Riveraggie
    Did Hawkins have a press conference at 1PM today? Team site on Twitter/x said they were going to have one on Facebook, but i don’t see it there.
  • CA Forever
    I saw the same thing. I went to check it out aaaand... nothing.
  • Kerberos
    Wasn’t Boise State ranked 4 or 5 when we played them? We hung with them for most of the game, too.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I don't expect us to win this one but I hope we are able to keep the score respectable and come away from the game without a bunch of injuries. We can't make mistakes and giveaways in a game like this. I think our offense is going to have a tough time putting up points against a team with the size and speed of OSU. Our defense looks pretty good so I hope we won't get burned with big plays and we make the Beavers earn their points.
  • Riveraggie
    The Oregon State coach at their press conference talked about the effect of the rule change leading to fewer plays. They scored 6 touchdowns and only had 9 possessions. Said they only had 63 plays. OSUs game still took twenty minutes more than the Davis TAMUC game, which struck me as a surprisingly short duration..
  • AggieFinn2
    Good point about the rule change. I'll change my prediction to ORST 56 UCD 3.
  • BlueGoldAg
    A sellout crowd of 35,538 is expected at the newly renovated Reser Stadium with the ability for more that 36,000 with SRO.

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2023/09/oregon-state-projecting-a-sellout-for-saturday-home-opener-against-uc-davis.html
  • Toke69
    I remember losing to #9 Stanford in 2018 and #24 Oregon in 2016, but when we played TCU were they ranked higher? Our toughest games seem to be against the Pac-12. I only remember the one upset of Stanford back in 2005.
  • Riveraggie
    Our worst was likely Fresno State 51-0 in 2009. Biggs said something along the line of in ither games he always felt they could do something effective, but they had no answers in that game,
  • BlueGoldAg
    Dratings.com, which is a sports betting analysis site, is projecting an OSU win 39.8 - 15.8 and gives the Ags a 5.3% chance of winning. Place your bets!

https://www.dratings.com/teams/ncaa-fcs-football-ratings/2137-uc-davis-aggies
  • Jackbacker2
    My family and I were at the Fresno state game. The score was ugly for the Aggies, but the experience for my family was even worse. We wore Aggie gear and my beautiful daughters were screamed at and taunted as we walked into the stadium on the North side. Both had tears in there eyes and my wife was upset but I told them to just keep on walking. It was the worst college football experience, I have ever had. Hopefully the Bulldogs have cleaned up their fans some.
  • Riveraggie
    Looks like no game notes this week again. Even if they don’t publish them the should give a depth chart to the statistician who does the player participation stats, because they misidentified starters in the first game. If uncorrected, and i expect it to be uncorrected this flows into all the players stats. They owe it to the players to list who plays correctly. We have a player from Nebraska who transferred here to play, he earns a start in his first game and then the game box score doesn’t list his name. I expect his friends and family in Nebraska looked for it.
  • AggieFinn

We were actually next to some good Fresno fans for that game, they were an alumni family, they were respectful and understood the game as it was being played between the overmatched Aggies and the hard running Bulldogs (I think they won 8 games that year) --- we were laughing at a lot of the drunk Bulldog fans, and we heard the comment, "You know most of these idiots in here never even graduated from Fresno State." Our group made a point not to fire anybody up on the way out, but then again how could we, when the Aggies got so thoroughly whooped 51-0.

I do remember an exchange in San Jose some years ago, back when 6thman and 05 were still living in the State -- an older salty Spartan alum was talking a lot of s#@! on the way out late in the 4th quarter -- and let's just say 6thman wasn't having it -- the guy threatened us and said he'd be waiting outside the stadium, so we were walking out and I had my belt buckle wrapped up in my fist ready to defend if needed, but alas, the guy was nowhere to be found -- I think he realized there were 5 or 6 of us, and he was just a loner with a big mouth.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The official UCD athletics website has a brief article up now with a video. Unfortunately, the video link is broken. You get an error message when you click the play button. Apparently no one took the time to see if the video they posted actually works.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2023/9/4/football-aggies-head-north-to-face-no-18-oregon-state.aspx
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!