• BlueGoldAg
    D needs a 3 and out...
  • NCagalum
    You wonder if they did more quick paced series (like they used to) and less monkeying around with personnel if they would have scored more points to date.
  • Flyaggie
    ???????????
  • Flyaggie
    Dan just blew his timeouts for nothing.
  • Flyaggie
    This is the back up QB folks.
  • movielover
    Rushing Attempts
    Larison - 24
    Tompkins - 11
    Fisher - 0
    Chukwudobe - 0

Zero attempts to playmaker Lance Babbs?
  • CA Forever
    Back to a 3 score game
  • Flyaggie
    @movielover. Yep. Same type of thing on D.
  • CA Forever
    aaaaaaand another INT
  • agalum
    4 picks
  • NCagalum
    don’t want to burn fishers elredshirt especially with Larison back. Don’t know that Babbs would play much in any case with Gbautu, and Davis had a good game. CJ Hutton has become less of a factor.
  • BlueGoldAg
    ...and NAU is one worst teams in the nation for takeaways...6 before today and now 4 in this game...
  • CA Forever
    I mean, it's totally dysfunctional at this point. All they can do is play for pride to finish out the season but with the remaining schedule being Portland State, Idaho State, and Sac state we could lose out the rest of the way.
  • movielover
    Yeah, why play a playmaker like Babbs? s/
  • movielover
    Portland State just beat EWU. Maybe the Chancellors promo / pump video helped. It is terrific and fun.
  • NCagalum
    Old man Mo. The fumble to the house totally changed momentum in the first half. And the whole tenor of the game really never changed.
  • NCagalum
    The issue is not with playing Babbs or not. It’s deeper than that.
  • DaddyAggie
    This team is only better than CP in the Big sky
  • Flyaggie
    Poorly coached game. Sorry.
  • NCagalum
    I think you forgot about UNC - they are pretty awful.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Total yardage: Aggies 476 NAU 279.

- critical TO's
    - extremely poor 3rd and 4th down conversions
    - ineffective halftime adjustments
    - confusion getting the right players on the field causing burned time outs
    - defense making lots of stops but continue to give up the big plays
    - inability to score in the red zone

What makes this season so frustrating is the team has failed to improve as the season has progressed and we're still making a lot of the same mistakes that cost us in previous games.
  • movielover
    I agree. Why not use a playmaker who broke off a big play 2 games back in his limited action - was that an accident? But why only use 2 RBs - one recovering from injury? Why not play Jeremiah Chukwudobe, a downhill runner, especially when we have so many gives up the middle?

Why the continued clock problems, and anemic second half (3rd Q) offense?

Our disastrous 3rd Down Conversion needs more analysis, some possibly due to numerous 3rd and long plays.
  • Toke69
    I had to watch the game after it was over and I'm now here to say that this Aggie team is not very good.
    I can't remember when I was so frustrated with a college game. Kiss the playoffs goodbye.
  • CA Forever
    At least I'll be able to go into next season with fairly low expectations at this rate.
  • movielover

It's many factors, and MH reminds me vaguely of Randy Wright. Good, but not good enough.
  • aggiedt60
    Ok i don't post often but check in daily as y'all have great insight and I'm about 2300 miles away. I was fortunate to play for the Ag's when we were D2. I was also very fortunate to play on the ONLY team to go to the national championship under the great Coach Sochor. Yes, signal all the people that say FCS is so much different than D2. Well the only difference for those who never played football is speed of the game. Average HS<Elite HS< NAIA < D3< D2<FCS<FBS<FCS<NFL. If you don't believe me watch a game at each level. Top players at the top levels can react in milliseconds which is not related to where someone played. You either have it or you don't. I have coached HS and college in CA and in the Southeast. The problem with the Ag's is the whole "we are so academic" mindset. You cannot compete with schools that have much lower academic standards than Davis. See Stanford, Purdue, Duke, etc. etc. Handcuff any great coach and they will quickly become mediocre. Coach Hawk is a great coach however if you limit who can get in and who can't equals not being able to compete with schools with much lower academic standards. Join the Ivy League if you want to ride an academic high horse.

Back in the mid-80's, UCD allowed a certain percentage of student athletes who did not qualify for admission but were accepted. I had 3 roommates who were allowed in but needed to meet with academic tutors weekly and 2 out of 3 graduated. 66% is better than schools such as UNC Chapel Hill, Syracuse, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Cal, etc. etc. This is the only way to compete in the Big Sky or any other FCS top conference. We could join the same conference as University of San Diego and Drake if we want to compete year after year but these too are not academic superpowers,

UCD administration needs to get off their butts and start caring and putting forth an effort. Start walking the walk and talking the talk. Otherwise drop back to D2 or D3. You cannot compete with much lesser academic institutions in football, basketball, baseball. If you want to be top dog in golf and tennis so be it. If you want to be tops in Physics, Animal Science (my degree), etc again so be it. The administration needs to find the happy medium as you can be be excellent in academics and sports but they need to be willing to provide assistance.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well said. I hope you stick around and post your thoughts the Aggie games and the Aggie program in general. Knowledgeable insight from former Ags is always welcome here. By the way, I don't know who you are but I probably attended every home game you played in!
  • NCagalum
    Good post. I too remember the D2 days - was on baseball team with Moroski - but I warmed the bench. Football fan due to band-uh.

UNC Chapel Hill is quite snobbish about their academic pedigree yet I am darn well sure they have quite relaxed academic requirements for football-basketball players. They had some ethical issues with tutors doing the work for players in what I would deem a rather easy major and that was big news here a few years ago. Of course you don’t want to go down that road.
  • Riveraggie
    I know everyone was waiting with bated breath to see if they could list the starting lineup correctly. And the answer is….. NO.

They still list a defensive lineman as starting at left tackle, And that guy doesn’t wear number 70.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!