• agalum
    The Hornets have 7 big guys, 6’8” or better, including a 7’ freshman, Boyn Beatty. Lets make a clean Causeway sweep.
  • AggieFinn2
    Interesting game time. Perhaps the Aggies want to play the hornets in front of as few people as possible ?

How do they even recruit with the hornet gym ? "Hey, our gym's not great, but on the plus side half of the time you'll play somewhere else !"

Four players from Australia. I wonder if they meant to go to Saint Mary's but got confused with the multitude of universities much like that Aussie guy online who chose UNC Greensboro because Michael Jordan played there. Nope.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Interesting game time. Perhaps the Aggies want to play the hornets in front of as few people as possibleAggieFinn2

My thoughts exactly. I think it's got to be hard for the players to play in a big, empty arena.
  • AggieFinn2
    It sounds like they're just putting seats in an intra-mural area of an existing building. Maybe they could bulldoze the existing gym and put in a baseball stadium that has real restrooms ?
  • Toke69
    I'll never forget the game I went to at Sac State when their gym had three times as many UC Davis fans ad Hornet fans and the cheerleaders lead us in a yell: "Welcome to an Aggie home game!"
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I took the kids to a aggie game at sac state, must be about 10 years ago, and we couldn't stop laughing at their cheer...one side yelled Sac-, the other yelled -ramento. Had to be one of the worse sounding cheers! We still laugh about that today.
  • Toke69
    While I'm looking forward to another game against the Hornets, I want to express my thanks to all of you on this chat site. There is no one I know out here in Hawai'i who is an Aggie fan and all my old friends from Davis are not as enthusiastic about UC Davis sports as I am, so it's great for me to get a chance to share my thoughts here before, during and after football and men's basketball games. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm glad you are a mainstay on the Aggie forum, Toke, there aren't that many of us here that actively post although I think we have quite a few who read the forum fairly regularly. I enjoy hearing the stories about your years at UCD. It's also nice to know we have at least one dedicated Aggie fan in Hawaii and I love it when you put on your Aggie gear and root the Ags on when they play on the island. You're a true Aggie fan!
  • movielover
    I always look forward to your posts. So... do you have a dink?

Sac State mens bball now 1-5.
  • AggieFinn2
    They lost to Austin Peay State. Lets go Peay !
  • Toke69
    No, I was a transfer student so I never had to wear a dink.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    If anyone is going to the game on Sunday you can get general admission tickets for $5.30 using the promo code BFMBB
  • AggieFinn2
    So is GA the bleachers on the lowest level ? I hope they let people bring in stadium seats. The lack of back support for 2 hours is not worth saving a couple of bucks in my opinion. Of course this is the opinion of an old person. If I were old me during my time at UCD I would have passed on all the football games@Toomey once it was determined standing was required to see the game.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I’m with you on the back thing. I forgot my stadium seat to the first football game this year and it took a couple of days for my back to recover.

I’m going to guess that with a GA you can sit in the students section, since I doubt many students will be attending.
  • agalum
    I see a lot of folks just grabbing open seats in non GA sections. We upgraded this year to the seats with back support. It makes a huge difference in comfort. And we don’t get bumped for being in someone else's seat.
  • AggieFinn2
    Thank you. I only made it to 1 Aggie game (and 1 Cal game) last year so something could have changed and I wouldn't know. I sat on the GA bleachers once several years ago (I remember Chima Moneke playing in that game, that's about it) and said never again.

I believe you could probably get away with sitting in the student seats. I remember back in the D-II days they used to have the Bob Hamilton Classic where they would play a 2-day tournament with another conference opponent (against whom they would not play) and one year Sonoma State was that team. Not only were their fans a bunch of annoying rednecks but they refused to vacate the seats in the student section when the UCD game was about to start despite being told several times over the PA system to vacate that they did not have tickets for that section or that game. No one ever came to kick them out. I'm almost motivated to go see a game in Rohnert Park and sit in their student section. However, it's a CSU so they probably have quite a bit more old students and they might just assume I were one of them. Their baseball fans were annoying too.

The UCD game was way better than the Cal game. $36 at Haas gets you a nosebleed backless bleacher seat. $25 at the Rec Hall (new name is too long) gets you a fantastic courtside seat.
  • BlueGoldAg
    You will be able to find a seat with a back. The only seats without backs are the bleachers in the uppermost level that they only pull out when they expect a very large crowd and that rarely happens. We have season tickets and our seats have backs but there aren't that many season tickets holders around us and there are always people who arrive and sit in the open seats. Generally, no one checks the tickets to make sure you are sitting in the correct section either so people move around. I also doubt that the crowd will be very big for tomorrow's game.

All of the seats in the 100 sections, except the bleachers behind the east and west baskets on the floor level and all the 200 sections have backs. The bleachers in the 300 sections do not have backs.

c0g3upnpr1grbpuh.png

677vlm255lbdehrk.png
  • AggieFinn2
    Thank you. When I went that one time the bleachers were behind the east basket, like 117. I'm inspired now to try to find out more about that game. I do not remember the opponent or the score but I am pretty sure it was not a Big West team and it was an afternoon game.

Edit: Looks like it was in 2018 and they beat soon-to-be non-existant Holy Names on New Years' Eve Eve.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Actually, there are some bleachers on the floor level behind the east and west baskets but, everything else in the 100 and 200 sections have seats with backs. I forgot about those. I edited my previous post so it would be accurate.
  • agalum
    We moved to 211. For some reason those seats are larger and more comfortable than 212 where we used to sit.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Powered behind a group that has leaned on its depth and defense to create the 11th most turnovers in the country till this point, the Aggies are also off to a 3-1 start in large part due to Elijah Pepper and his 23.0 PPG. Pepper ranks seventh in the country in this department and is inching closer and closer to breaking the UC Davis all-time career scoring record, needing 128 points to overtake Audwin Thomas for the top-spot.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2023/11/25/mens-basketball-causeway-cup-returns-to-university-credit-union-center.aspx
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Looks like still no Mani. Bora warmed up but has a big brace on his left knee so we’ll see if he plays
  • MTBAggie
    What is going on with the audio on ESPN+? Sounds like Marsh is in a closet.
  • MTBAggie
    Looks like they got it resolved during the break.
  • Toke69
    Borra's in there.
  • Toke69
    There have been enough turnovers in this game to fill a bakery.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    you’re right. He seems to be walking ok at least.

Ags defense is definitely in mid season form
  • BlueGoldAg
    29-26 Ags at the half.

You would think that the Ags would have more than a 3 point lead after forcing 16 Sac TO's in the first half but the Ags have squandered a bunch of opportunities to lead by double digits including only 4-11 from the line.
  • Toke69
    I wonder why Les is not using that zone>man defense that was so effective in Montana. I also wonder where Bob Williams is. No offense to Jason Goff, but he is not contributing much to the broadcast in comparison to Williams.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!