• 69aggie
    Don't know.how much does this cost us? Who did this before? A lot of questions, but I do trust Blues judgement on this stuff. They were just sold to a NY Comcast affiliate. God knows Comcast has billions of cash to play with, but they rarely pick a loser.
  • movielover
    Maybe we make $$ and royalties on any deals... looks like this is a local group running under the umbrella of Learfield. A former Sacto pro soccer guy is heading this up.
  • Zander
    Sac Republic has done an incredible job with their branding and ticket sales (#2 attended minor league team in the US; sold out all but like 2 games in club history) so this might be a huge catch for the Ags if this guy had something to do with all that.

Their image and outreach is super slick as well -- for example they used reddit and an April Fool's joke to test the waters on a Quail mascot and then when people started liking it quietly let it become the unofficial team name. In all seriousness I can't think of a better pro team example for UCD to follow.

Edit: I see from his Linkedin that he also was the ticket sales guy at the Rivercats, the A's, and the Sharks. This sounds like a serious catch.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!