• CA Forever
    Not really. Basically they are happy with the win, but recognize that they need to get better as the teams that we are going to be playing from here on out are getting better as well. Hawk doesn't understand how we only get 2 votes in the rankings, but USD gets 16.
  • movielover
    Hawk. USD is a proven playoff team.
  • CA Forever
    Yep, in another thread I was talking about this. The voting has a lot to do with reputation, initial placements, and a tendency to not want to drop or raise teams drastically in a short amount of time. I'm not sure if USD is quite at the same caliber that they were at last year. Lost some key skill players, their star TE is out with an injury now, and their QB so for has not been playing at the high level that he was last year. If we can somehow knock off PSU this weekend I think we should be getting some looks. That's a big if though.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags beat USD by 28 and get 2 votes and they get 16...uh, you gotta admit that that is completely screwy. (N)
  • CA Forever
    I don't disagree with you, I was just pointing out that that is how the voting tends to work. Like I said, if we can beat PSU this weekend I think we will start getting a little bit more attention.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I agree. I think we all tend to forget how much bias and politics there is in these polls.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Did anyone tune into the coaches show last night?

I caught a few minutes of it. The location was moved from Woodstock's Pizza to the Westlake Village Clubhouse. The audio was better because it was quieter without a lot of people talking in the background but it seemed like there were only a few fans in attendance. It was like they were talking to an empty room.

Scott Marsh interviewed Ryan Parenteau and Justin Williams. They were both great examples of the best of Aggie athletes...smart, articulate, humble and excited to be a part the new era under Hawkins.

I didn't hear the last part where Hawk was going to talk about the Weber State game.
  • movielover
    I watched part of it live, part on tape delay on Facenook. It is still there. I was tired when I watched it, they were asking for questions from Facenook but I think they didn't answer them.

Well spoken Aggies. Interesting that Parenteau also has a job / internship this fall.
  • Riveraggie
    The polls are ridiculous The voters are not knowledgeable about teams outside their local area or at best the league their local team plays in. The computer rankings are at least unbiased. We should be happy that we move up in them. There are 50 or 60 teams between where we rank and where SD ranks, on the other hand we are adjacent to Weber state.
  • BlueGoldAg
    They moved the location of last night's Bud Lite Coaches show to Tommy J's the Grill at Froggy's at 726 2nd Street. You can still view it on the UC Davis Football Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/UCDavisAggies
  • DrMike
    i thought the show last night was really good. Doug Kelly was the host. Dan played host talking to the Water Polo coach, which was an entertaining segment. Foodball talk was good, especially comments about Weber (echoing the comments in the paper).
  • movielover
    Coaches show will also be broadcast on KSAC radio tonite. See what winning does?
  • AggieFinn
    Feels Good Man.
  • agalum
    Does anyone have the link for the video feed tonight? I dont see it on the athletics page.
  • agalum
    Ok, just figured out they are having technical difficulties with the video feed. Must have the same guy that does the feed from the referees.
  • movielover
    Tonight's episode at 3rd and U. Nice to spread the PR around.
  • movielover
    Good show last night, in particular the connection between Hawk and Speckman. Not much talk about NAU.

I thought it was interesting Q and A between the two, it sounds like Speckman considers himself a coach, not a teacher. Do Hawk and Speckman not teach classes?
  • movielover
    Show tonight?

Edit. 7PM, listed under UC Davis Football on Facebook, not UCD Athletics. FYI.
  • agalum
    Its at the Bob Foster room tonight.
  • movielover
    Coaches show tonight??

Probably bumpef by hoops... a notice would be nice.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!