• agalum
    Ags win!!!
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Ags win 70-66. Phew.
  • agalum
    UCR was shooting lights out 3s towards the end.
  • movielover
    W. Things to clean up, we won with TJ having an off night.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    and siler having his worse night in a long time.
  • eastbayaggie
    Long Beach vs. Fullerton

Who do you prefer the Aggies to play against if there are no other upsets today?

I'm trying to figure out who I should root for. I guess I'm slightly rooting for Long Beach.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Survive and play again...
  • DrMike
    you didn't think it would be easy, didya? i was feeling pretty good early in the 2nd half when we were up 13-14, but then we got sloppy and they started hitting shots. FT's down the stretch did the trick.
  • quadshock
    I'm glad they did come out relatively fired up in the first half; gives some margin for error in the second.
  • DrMike
    odds for next two are Fullerton by 1.5, and Irvine by 4. UCSB is a 10-point favorite -> they got the best draw. Like to see Hawaii pull off an upset so we get them in the next round. If not? Fullerton. I can't see us losing 3 times to them, especially since we played poorly last time and still had a shot at the end.
  • SoCalAggie
    Do we only play the lowest seed from the LB/Full game? The way they are explaining it makes it seem like we play the lowest seed left in the tourney overall.
  • lucche
    I thought we played the lowest seed, and that would be Cal poly after their upset win?
  • DrMike
    if i were a betting man, and i'm not, i'd take UCSB and give the 10 points. I don't think Poly has much of a chance. LB is up 5 with 10:00 to go.
  • DrMike
    we do play the lowest seed remaining after tonight
  • DrMike
    opponent tomorrow at 6:30 (ESPNU?) would be:

1) Cal Poly, if they win
    2) Hawai'i, if they win and Cal Poly loses
    3) Long Beach State, if they win and Cal Poly loses and Hawai'i loses
    4) Cal State Fullerton
  • Toke69
    I had to watch the game on my DVR due to having a commitment in the morning (game was on at 10 out here), but wow, what a nail biter at the end. Noticed that the Ags were hitting only 2/3 on their foul shots, but they really got clutch at the end when they had to stave off the Highlanders 3 point hotness. Does anyone know what station will be showing the semifinal (against Cal Poly, I hope) tomorrow? I did not see it on ESPNU through my service.
  • DrMike
    ESPN website shows ESPN3 for Friday, ESPN2 for the saturday championship.
  • Kerberos
    We're rooting for overtime in all the games today.
  • Zander
    That's what I have marked down on my calendar. Also I think the Friday game will be shown on ESPNU on tape delay in the nightcap.
  • DrMike
    Fullerton 76-74. i prefer playing them over Long Beach (hard to beat them 3 times). But, i still think there is a chance Hawaii pulls off the upset and we get the Rainbows tomorrow.
  • Zander
    LBSU had every opportunity to do us a favor by forcing overtime but missed something like 5 layups in a row to lose by 2
  • SoCalAggie
    Aren’t we hoping for cal poly if we had the choice?
  • Zander
    Ostensibly yes but we've had a loss or overtime vs every team left in the field so I'll be scared no matter who we draw
  • Toke69
    Looks like Fullerton. Kyle Allman is one scary scorer. Ags defense needs to be really solid on him.
  • eastbayaggie
    Keep it going, Hawaii! I'd rather play Hawaii over Fullerton. Of course, the dream scenario is Cal Poly and then Hawaii for the Championships.
  • eastbayaggie
    Aggggh. Hawaii - UCI game is a nail biter.
  • Zander
    UCI clutches it out. The chalk is holding across the bracket, but barely.
  • aggies07
    UCI made a run at the final 5 mins and AGS will likely play CSUF tomorrow
  • Zander
    Probably playing the only team that swept us with about the same amount of rest on what's effectively a home court for them.

Oh Big West Tournament how I've missed you
  • SoCalAggie
    Man I’m hoping cal poly plays out of their minds right now...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!