• movielover
    OUTSTANDING UC DAVIS Offense preview

Great review, clips (examples), and a few highly knowledgable commentors. SGBear - response in gold below the article - sounds like a former coach or QB.

SGBear notes how Maier doesn't react well to pressure, and is anticipating the Bears using a lot of disguised blitzes. How we use the jet (fly) sweep, etc.

https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2019/8/28/20807303/uc-davis-dan-hawkins-jake-maier-ulonzo-gilliam-wes-preece-jared-harrell-carson-crawford
  • Bige70
    What’s with the Cal guy posting on here? Calm down dude...
  • movielover
    SJ State up on No Colorado 28-18, good to see them on top... but struggling with a 2-win team?
  • NCagalum
    Utah looks to have a stout defense again this year. Really rattled and shut down BYU. Probably consistently the best defense in PAC-12 the past several years. Kind of glad Ags are not playing the Utes.
  • movielover
    Pac-12 Preview - great to see the CA highlighted.

https://youtu.be/w9s7CG-wTUs

I believe Bob Dunning got to a core issue today - can we establish the run? We only had 50 yards rushing versus Stanford.

The analysis above claimed Maier usually focuses on one hot receiver, doesn't look to option 2, 3, 4. Not sure completely valid, and Doss may have impacted that perception.
  • movielover
    Hawkins and ABC News 10 (Dac) game preview.

https://youtu.be/YsMvVXAaUR0
  • GoldenBearz
    movielover was outed on a Cal board and it was noted that his home is here.

We welcome fans of other teams on our site as long as they aren’t trolls or fakes.

I’m hoping for a good game sat and I think we can all agree we’re happy that CFB is back.
  • Bige70
    @GoldenBearz thanks - that explains it. Seems like most of the Davis people who post on this board, including @movielover, are reasonable people who are enthusiastic about where we’re going. I can’t imagine anything nefarious from him or any of the other regulars here. We get a little geeked up when we get a chance to play a team from the PAC, and it’s even better when it’s within the UC system.

Good luck tomorrow - although with Cal’s D and overall depth, we probably need luck more than you do!
  • Toke69
    ESPN gives the Ags an 8& chance to beat Cal.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think you meant to type "8% chance." We're a long shot for sure...
  • Bige70
    Or they rated us an "8", & we have a chance to beat Cal. So you're telling me there's a chance!
  • agalum
    Be competitive, get out of the game without injuries, and cash the check. Win and Finn buys the house the first round :).
  • GoldenBearz
    Thanks. Of course I hope we win but I think we both can agree on a clean and injury free game.
  • agalum
    Ok folks, we are both blue and gold. Whatcha wearing, blue, b and g, gold, or white?
  • Toke69
    I had thought each UC campus had their own shade of blue, for example, UCLA always wears a shade I'd call light blue, but on checking, all campuses have the same color: Yale blue. UCLA's sports colors are not the "official ones." Too bad, I like the idea of some kind of differentiation. Someone should suggest it for events like tomorrow's
  • movielover
    The Bears wear blue tomorrow. Will we wear our slick all whites w/ the CA logo??!!

Keys for the game?

Can we establish the run; and keep our D fresh?
    Can we rattle their QB?
    Will our new and young linebackers step up?
    Keep TOs low?
  • agalum

Don’t forget, will they rattle our QB? That might be the single biggest factor in the game.
  • movielover
    Yup. I'm hoping a deep, seasoned, healthy line prevents that, and 2 solid, proven RBs. (I liked TT at 235#s.) But can he throw on their DBs w/out Pick City?

Fascinating game for Plough, Speckman, and Hawk to craft. On the one hand, their coach complimented our multidimensional offense... then compared their O to ours!

Edit: The Bears reportedly had a 'sluggish' practice against the scout team on Tuesday.
  • CA Forever
    Officially game day! Can't wait to see what tricks Hawk has up his sleeve and here's to hoping the Aggies can shock the world again.
  • NCagalum
    All I have to say is that if the Aggies upset the Bears, I hope coach Hawk doesn’t do what the UNC Charlotte coach did in the locker room after their win over Gardner-Webb. Of course a win over UC Berzerkly might not be as exciting as a win over Gardner-Webb......

https://youtu.be/mG2IZ6XQWW0
  • aggie08
    Game day baby! Let’s go Ags! This is doable. Go shock em ags!
  • agalum

From what I’ve read Cal is anticipating trick plays like the Crawford pass. Today should be a blast! Go Ags!
  • movielover
    And with 6 unproven WRs, and deep at TE, they are planning multiple uses of double and triple TE sets, even at midfield. Possibly to test our LBs?
  • AggieFinn
    Looking forward to the pregame!
  • agalum

Will look for you Finn. Son in law will be joining us. Got stuck in section MM, but hoping to move once the Ags take control and the Cal fans start leaving :).
  • smarterray
    I'll be the short, chubby, brown man in a CA hat with my Davis Pre-Dental Society shirt on. Say hi.
  • movielover
    What sections are we?
  • DrMike
    I’m in section N; guessing we’re in MM-NN,
  • AggieFinn
    I'm going to go attempt to park my big Ford somewhere in Berkeley...
  • Bige70
    @AggieFinn where? I’m driving my big-ass Dodge... the Ags are a comin’ to town!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!