• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies face perhaps their toughest challenge of the season so far when they travel to Albuquerque, New Mexico, to face the New Mexico Lobos on Saturday at 1 pm PST. Dreamstyle Arena - The Pit (15,411) is one of the toughest home courts in all of college basketball and it will be loud and rowdy. The Ags will need to play well in all phases of the game to give themselves a chance to pull an upset.

Live stream from Mountain West Network and Scott Marsh will call the radio PxP on KHTK 1140 AM.

Go Ags!
  • movielover
    Sunday afternoon game.
  • DrMike
    I read that 2 of their starters are suspended. Both are transfers (with checkered pasts) so it MSU be an eligiblity issue. They have many transfers (with checkered pasts). Like to see a solid competitive game; we’re not great after layoffs
  • BlueGoldAg
    We've played well in a number of our loses but have little to show for it. It would be a nice feather in the hat for the Big West Conference for us to upset the Lobos to go along with Fullerton knocking off UCLA yesterday. I'm cautiously optimistic that we just might surprise the Lobos. We're getting better with each game and we're due for a big win.

I could never be a fan of these schools that bring in lots of players with character and behavior problems simply to try and rack up wins and then send them packing when another problem occurs or they fail in the classroom. We aren't immune to these kind of problems but, in all my many years as an Aggie fan, we've only had a few and we certainly don't knowingly bring in players with checkered pasts.

I'm also not a fan of the one and done programs like Kentucky, for example, since there's so little time to get to know the players and watch them develop into team leaders over the years.

Guess you'd say I'm a True Blue Aggie Fan...
  • BlueGoldAg
    3-3 at the first media TO. Good energy by the Ags. The Lobos have a huge size advantage.

Anybody getting any sound from the live stream?
  • MTBAggie
    I I have no sound either...
  • MTBAggie
    Audio just started.
  • DrMike
    agree completely. The one and done had killed my interest in college basketball. But the programs like New Mexico really bother me
  • BlueGoldAg
    TO's and getting killed on the boards right now.
  • DrMike
    Way too long and athletic for us unless we take care of the ball and shoot lights out
  • BlueGoldAg
    We clawed our way back...only down 2...gotta take care of the ball and box out
  • DrMike
    First solid half to be down 2. 13 turnovers is not good ( that half court trap caused issues) but they have 11 to keep us close. These guys are a throwback to the phi slamma jamma style of play
  • BlueGoldAg
    Down 36-32 at the half. We're hanging around. That 4 point play near the buzzer hurt.
  • DrMike
    Mooney’s 3 fouls could be an issue. Young guys need to settle. Pepper and Manjon both have 3 turnovers
  • MTBAggie
    Anybody else's feed not working?
  • BlueGoldAg
    52-49 Ags with 11:48 to go. Fouls are becoming an issue for the Ags. NM has so much size and athleticism...tough for us stopping their second chance points
  • BlueGoldAg
    Reboot the feed...it's been messing up but I got it back..
  • MTBAggie
    No luck. I keep refreshing, but still get the spinning circle. I guess my daughter gets to watch Toy Story 4 on this rainy day.
  • movielover
    Squire, Gonzalez with 12 each. Newfeld 4 of 5.
  • DrMike
    What tbd heck happened? Live stats shows 4 T’s, 2 on players from each team!
  • MTBAggie
    My live stats have been stuck at 10:17 for at least five minutes... Internet down at UNM?

Edit, never mind, down to 9:54. Something happened. 2 technical fouls per team at 10:17. Fight?
  • movielover
    Tied at 56-56. Technical foul on Mexico for taunting.

Mooney has 4 fouls; Nuefeld fouled out.

Now 57-56 NM. 8:20.
  • movielover
    NM over the limit, Ags on the line. 58-56. TO. An Aggie on the line.
  • DrMike
    At 10:17 it shows Ts on Nuefeld and Squire, and 2 of their players. That T hurt on Matt since he’s out now
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nearly a brawl in front of the Aggie bench...I think 6 T's were called...
  • movielover
    Why?

Marsh says historically wild game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Couldn't tell what started it...mad scramble for the ball and Squire had it when a NM player jumped on him and then things went wild..Squire came up furious and some players from both benches came onto the floor...Les was restraining Squire...Neufeld got a double T and Squire a T...same number of T's for NM...then NM got another T for taunting Squire a couple minutes later...they're a dirty team...
  • DrMike
    They do play with an attitude; probably frustrated that the smart kids are hanging tough . Down 2 with 2 1/2. Team had some grit
  • DrMike
    Tough loss since we struggled in the last 2 minutes with a couple costly turnovers and missed shots. I would have loved to beat those guys
  • movielover
    Missed free throws, and common turnovers (2 sloppy passes) spoil the potential upset. Gutsy performance.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!