• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies head down the stretch of their final 3 games of the regular season today at 5 pm in the Pavilion when Long Beach State comes to town in the second game of today's double header. The Ags are currently tied for 3rd place in the Big West Conference along with Hawaii and CSUN. If the Aggies can win their final 3 games they would end the regular season at .500 at 16-16 and would secure a much better seed in the Big West Tournament.

The Ags beat the 49ers in a barnburner 85-82 back on January 16th in Long Beach. The 49ers are always very athletic and are capable of beating anyone in the conference so today's game should be a good one.

This is the second game of today's double header with the Lady Ags playing UC Riverside in the first game at 2:30 pm. Fans can attend both games for the price of one ticket today.

Live stream from Big West TV and the radio PxP by Scott Marsh on KHTK 1140 AM at 5 pm today.

Go Ags!

Current Standings:

0dublnnfscwihxag.png
  • Toke69
    If each Big West home team wins today, four teams will be tied for second place at 8-6. UCI has already guaranteed themselves at least an NIT berth, so today's game is critical for the Ags to stay in contention for an upper seed. They need to avoid the fourth seed or lower. Hawaii is showing signs of revitalization, so next Thursday's game against the Rainbow Warriors will be tough. Eran Ganot seems to have some kind of edge on Jim Les lately, Hawaii having won 4 of the last 5. I thought that this year's Hawaii team was the best they've had since they went to the NCAAs and beat the Cal team that had Jabari Bird, Jaylen Brown and Ivan Rabb.

ESPN gives UC Davis an 85% chance of beating Long Beach and the oddsmakers give the Aggies an 8.5 point-spread.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's a overly generous point spread for the Aggies in my opinion...hope I'm wrong!
  • Zander
    Telling people from the women's game to relocate to a section that doesn't exist is a bold strategy; let's see if it pays off
  • Russ Bowlus
    The reserved sections never full up either, so it always seems gratuitous.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Neufeld is in street clothes. Looks like we’re playing small ball again tonight.
  • Zander
    Almost ten minutes into the game and our only 2 pt FG was a jumper from a mile away. No points anywhere close to the paint.

Oh and we're up ten. What a weird half.
  • Russ Bowlus
    36-29 at half. LB shooting 52% but only making two pointers.
  • Zander
    Who needs the paint?
  • Russ Bowlus
    The paint is hot lava.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Ok, the baby race is pretty good.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Oldbanduhalum and I are cracking up every time Larry says "beach ball."
  • Zander
    I knew they had a new mascot but I didn't realize they moved on from the 49er name entirely. Feels weird
  • Toke69
    Ags have only one offensive rebound so far.
  • Zander
    don't need offensive rebounds if you hit your shots
    fixzpfq0jxl18bhb.jpg
  • movielover
    OK, odd question... what does beach ball mean, imply?

I thought Sharks are their new mascot?
  • Toke69
    Helps that the Beach have turned their beachball over 16 times.
  • Zander
    I think now the team name is the Beach but the mascot is a shark. Not unlike our Aggie/mustang setup
  • Zander
    Utter collapse as soon as the predatory fish hit is with the press
  • Toke69
    I thought they were the 49ers?
  • Zander
    it's confusing and recent but according to wiki a person affiliated with the school is a 49er, but the team name is the Beach. Except for baseball, which are the Dirtbags. The new mascot is a shark.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies are a turnover machine right now.
  • movielover
    Millenial change. According to one link, LBSU students say the campus was built upon the site of a native people, and that California encouraged gold miners to enslave / kill indigenous people. Hence, the change. Not sure if such alleged practices happened or were rare, common, or hyperbole.
  • Zander
    Did Squire foul out? Not that we were doing much better when he was in.
  • movielover
    Solid win, 45% shooting from 3. Silly foul by LB in the corner w 1.1 seconds left. Then on the FT rebound, refs originally had .1 seconds left... but then they upped it back up to .8 seconds.

Can someone explain why Larry was saying beach ball?
  • Zander
    I interpreted it as whenever he would normally say "Long Beach ball" or " 49er ball" during an inbound he said "Beach" instead
  • Toke69
    I was disappointed by how poorly the Aggies handled the press. I would have thought they would be better prepared after what happened down at Long Beach. Granted, both Manjon and Squire and underclassmen, but they get the "big bucks" to take care of the ball. Still, a win is a win no matter how ugly it was and how poorly the officiating went. I don't think that the refs "lost" control of the game as much as they went out of their way to take control of it. Let the guys play, dammit.
  • agalum
    Beach was tough in the paint early on but the Ags kept a decent lead. Give Beach credit in the second half. Their D was better and they took the lead with a few minutes to go. But the Ags dug deep and did enough to win to finish out a nail biter at the end. While Beach has been down this year, they always scare me when they come into the Pavillion. As one Aggie told me at the Team Aggie event, “Beach always wins the warm up drills!”
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!