• AggieFinn
    Post your notes on games that are actually going down:

Saw a couple,
    Thursday, 9/3/20, Central Arkansas Bears @ Alabama-Birmingham Blazers, 5:00 pm PT
    Thursday, 9/3/20, South Alabama Jaguars @ Southern Miss Golden Eagles, 6:00 pm PT
    Saturday, 9/5/20, Eastern Kentucky Colonels @ Marshall Thundering Hed, 10:00 am PT

Saturday actually has 6 total games scheduled, Middle Tenn @ Army, BYU @ Navy, SMU @ Texas State, Houston Baptist @ North Texas, Stephen F. Austin @ UTEP, Arkansas State @ Memphis all scheduled to play.

Miami and TCU have games scheduled on 9/11
    9/12 has a whole raft of games being played.
  • NCagalum
    Central Arkansas woke up at end of game to beat Austin Peay. Both teams looked very rough most of game. UAB then beat Central Arkansas pretty handily the next Thursday night. UAB has a running back that is a beast. They play Miami tonight.

Central Arkansas has about 8 games scheduled this fall. So they just pretty much went OOC to get games. I think Austin Peay is playing Pitt soon. Anyway glad at least some are getting to play. Also saw SF Austin play UTEP. UTEP not quite as awful as usual and beat SFA. No. Arizona had beaten UTEP last year. Saw Houston Baptist play north Texas. HBU has run and gun fun to watch offense. So some FCS teams are playing.
  • movielover
    Big Ten looking at a new vote, an October start to football is possible.
  • DrMike
    I think some of the Big 12 , based on yesterday’s results, thought they weren’t starting until later!
  • NCagalum
    Georgia Southern vs Campbell (down the road in Buies Creek, NC) was a very entertaining game. Campbell has restarted football after about a 40 year hiatus. They resumed in the Pioneer League and are now in the big south conference. Georgia Southern (now FBS after several 1AA titles) had something like 30 players (7 starters) out. No disclosure of discipline or Covid issues. Campbell lost by 1 point after going for the win with a 2point conversion. Kicker had missed an extra point and close field goal. Their QB reminded me of Barrier with combination of pass/run skills.
  • DrMike
    There was a zoom gathering today with Hawk with a couple guests ( Bakari Grant and Chaple Brown). We’re allowed a fall practice (similar to a spring) but our county hasn’t changed restrictions, so TBD. 8 game schedule starting late February - Big Sky is releasing it tomorrow but not to the public for awhile. There’s talk that SUU will opt out, which will force changes. Still fluid.
  • NCagalum
    Mississippi State ahead of LSU near half with KJ Costello at QB and Mike Leach at helm.

Had to chuckle at the LSU cheerleaders holding up “make noise” signs while wearing masks.
  • agalum
    LSU-Miss St. Costello for Miss State is really impressive. Quick, accurate release, slippery in the pocket. Currently giving LSU all they can handle. 17-14 MS at half.
  • NCagalum
    Fun game to watch. I am pulling for the Bulldogs.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Cougar fans are laughing at Bulldogs right now. The air raid offense puts up stats but struggles at protecting leads
  • NCagalum
    I think Mississippi State has a better defense than Wazu. Great win for Miss. State. Win lose or draw they will be exciting. I would not be happy if I was a Cougar fan. Lost a good coach and comedian.
  • DrMike
    Costello is the kid from Stanford, I he played against us last time in 2018. Our defense OBVIOUSLY is better than LSU
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Totally agree. Cougs had a porous D last year (see the second half vs UCLA). Bulldogs put good pressure on LSU all night and that was the difference. Entertaining game.
  • NCagalum
    Obviously. Did you see Jabrel Cox (NDSU transfer) now at LSU. Long time since he’s lost a game.
  • DrMike
    I didn’t see much, to be honest. Swimming with grandkids was more fun
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!