• Toke69
    The Aggies hope to even their conference record at home against Long Beach State. The 49ers are 6-10 overall at Davis. Leading scorer and point guard, Isaiah Washington, also leads the team in assists, so it will be interesting to watch him and Ezra go at it. The games will both be broadcast on BigWestTV. ESPN gives UCD a 75% chance of winning each game. For you probability experts, you can confirm my calculation that means that the odds of an Aggies sweep are 50%.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    If we can continue to get good offense from Fuller, to go along with Manjon and Pepper, and good interior defense from Koehler and Anigwe, we should be able to start putting victories together. Anyone heard anything about Squire's availability? Last weekend I saw Les call him game to game, so hopefully we get some minutes from him.

As for the odds, I have no idea, but my daughter, who does a lot of statistical work (population genetics) says it's 75% X 75% = 56%.

Also, check out the big matchup on the women's side. Beach is a perfect 10-0 in conference (11-1 overall) so the Ags will need to bring their A game this weekend.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Playing at LB, which we seem to have issues with, even during the BWT. Lighting? Background?
  • DrMike
    I see we are 7 point favorites which is a bit surprising.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I guess the oddsmakers haven’t noticed our Friday funk.
  • DrMike
    3:00 tip-off from the email I received today, Saturday at 1:00
  • Toke69
    Thanks, DrMike. I wonder why they changed the time? Did you get the email from the UCD Athletic Department?
  • agalum

My info says tip off at noon today. LB easily leads in the all time series, but we’ve had good luck against them in the last few years. They’ve had some games canceled bc of covid, maybe they will come out flat? This match up is always fun to watch live in the pavillion.

Edit that, 3 pm. It was listed at noon one moment then 3 the next.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Beach seems to generally be more athletic then the Ags, but Les figures ways to compensate for that. Usually makes for a good fun game to watch.

Hopefully we come out with good energy.
  • Toke69
    BigWestTV has the broadcast starting at 1:30. Who's in charge around here?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I just saw that...No video up yet. I'm listening to the radio broadcast right now. Ugh!
  • DrMike
    Doesn’t show a live stats link for men’s and I can’t watch
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags up 8-2 at the first timeout. Sounds like we've missed a few easy ones including a no contest layup by Anigwe, but good defense so far.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Video stream is up now. 12-9 Ags
  • Toke69
    ESPN states that the game is on ESPN3 but I can't find it. Finally got the BigWestTV stream in time to see LBSU score 5 points.
  • DrMike
    I think women are on ESPN3. Fuller’s 3 at the end stops the flow, up 4 at half
  • Toke69
    Did anyone catch what happened to the Beach's Isaiah Washington? Is he hurt, on COVID quarantine?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags up 32-28 at half. We went cold when beach went to a zone. We’ll see what adjustments we make at half.

Not sure about Washington. I’ll snoop around and see if I find anything
  • Toke69
    Figures. My ESPN feed has gone all haywire.
  • DrMike
    1-8 on FTS? Wow. We’ve been around 85% all season
  • agalum
    Figures. My ESPN feed has gone all haywire.

I’m really disappointed in espn customer service. I added espn 3 specifically to stream aggie games and the system doesnt let me in. I’m never able to get a human on the phone.
  • quadshock
    WOW that last play by Manjon. Talk about clutch after committing two mistakes (missed FT and then fouled LB for 3 point play)
  • agalum
    Great finish, thought that last missed FT was going to come back and bite us. Love beating beach.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Manjon the magician!
  • Toke69
    Friday funk continues. What do I call a game with 33 combined turnovers and about 50% foul shooting by both teams? Ugly. Did anyone notice that the Ags were getting a lot of perimeter shots blocked? That's gotta give Coach Les a headache. Still, it was an exciting game and a win is a win.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    yeah I did notice the blocks on the perimeter. Good close outs by beach. Seems like a few pump fakes might of helped
  • DrMike
    Pepper was really big down the stretch. He converted 4-4 FT that kept the game at two possessions down to the last minute. Manjon’s winner was a great play.

Ba had some nice defensive plays. Be nice to get Squire back - he contributes on both ends and gives us a bit of swagger.
  • DrMike
    Defense was very good yesterday, and we’ll need to repeat that effort today. I expect FT back to normal ( on both sides), so if we can continue to shoot above average, our chance for a sweep is good.

Long Beach hasn’t had much of impact in the Big West the past few years. They always schedule tough preseason and used to salvage overall record with good conference runs. Not so much lately
  • Toke69
    Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the topic line for a discussion post? Clearly what I wrote before has changed and I don't want it to mislead any fans who might rely on this site for the game time.
  • DrMike
    might be easiest to start a Saturday game thread
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!