• BlueGoldAg
    In the interest of providing the safest environment possible for all, UC Davis athletics will require either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the event upon entry to the UCU Center for all fans over the age of 12.

CDC approved face coverings that cover both the nose and mouth must be worn at all times while in the UCU Center unless actively eating or drinking in your seat. Face coverings with valves will not be allowed.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2021/8/30/athletics-announces-guidelines-for-indoor-attendance.aspx
  • movielover
    It'd be nice if they defined what UCU Center is.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Pavilion has been renamed. It is now the University Credit Union Center.

DAVIS, Calif. - The University of California, Davis, has entered into a new, 10-year partnership with University Credit Union that will result in renaming and updating The Pavilion, funding student initiatives and increasing access to financial services on campus.

Originally prompted by the university's need to fund deferred maintenance of The Pavilion, the agreement has grown into a broader campuswide partnership with financial services and educational priorities that fit squarely within Aggie community values.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2021/4/6/athletics-uc-davis-and-university-credit-union-announce-new-partnership.aspx
  • Goags20172
    Let's see how well they actually police the mask mandate. If it's anything like the baseball experience I'm predicting lots of unmasked faces and no one doing anything about it. UCD students and alumni are smart, but its fans aren't necessarily so simply by association.
  • DrMike
    Hopefully things start heading in a better direction so that the mask mandate can be eased by November or December
  • BlueGoldAg
    From the Davis Enterprise:

Mandate goes into effect Sept. 8

At least 82% of UC Davis students are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to data published this week on the campus COVID-19 dashboard. The percentage indicates that roughly 4 in 5 students enrolled at UC Davis for this fall have submitted proof of vaccination to the university, while nearly a fifth of the student body has yet to do so.

The mandate requires that students and staff submit proof of vaccination through an online portal before Sept. 8, two weeks prior to the start of the fall quarter. The deadline for UC Davis Health students and employees is Sept. 1.

“The policy requires, with few exceptions, that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before they will be allowed on campus or in a facility or office,” UC Davis’ Campus Ready plan states.

“Students who are not compliant with the UC Vaccine Policy by Sept. 8 will be flagged to enter an escalation process beginning on Sept. 9,” Blouin said. “Employees who choose not to be vaccinated and no approved exemption, accommodation or deferral may face disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.”

More here: https://www.davisenterprise.com/news/local/82-of-ucd-students-vaccinated-as-deadline-nears/?utm_source=DE&utm_campaign=241caab602-Daily_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_be64fee185-241caab602-171004309
  • DrMike
    thanks for the lesson in math, DE!
  • movielover
    Since African Americans are getting vaccinated at a lower rate, couldn't these requirements negatively affect black enrollment?
  • BlueGoldAg
    It is true the African Americans in the USA have a lower vaccination rate. However, the new guidelines would only negatively affect African American students if they choose not to get vaccinated the same as it would for any student who opts out. The rule is simple for the students: if you are not vaccinated and do not have a medical reason for not getting vaccinated, then you may not be on campus.
  • Goags20172
    I don't mind the mask mandate. I have decent, breathable masks. The irony of COVID-19 is that it was indirectly responsible for me not getting sick in 2020. Not even a cold. Even though in the long term it isn't good to never get sick I am not mad at that. Things will have to improve a lot before I'll consider another indoor sporting event.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!