• BlueGoldAg
    True...but why not see what HR can do even if they continue to score on every possession?
  • CA Forever
    Hastings is not good man
  • agalum
    Ok, this is on the coaches
  • NCagalum
    likely. I’m my mind, when I saw Hastings start it was if Hawkins was not playlng to win but trying to develop a quarterback. I truly don’t know what he was thinking.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Another pick...will Hawk give HR a chance...this is poor coaching at this point!
  • cmt
    60 could be if they really want it.
  • agalum
    He’s getting lots of pressure, but maybe HR can allude some of that. Playing a complete team.
  • Zander
    Now, yes, but the staff still needs to demonstrate that they're doing everything in their power to win. They're not.

Seriously reconsidering season tickets for next year. When I commit heavily to teams I kind of like when coaches play to win, not treat the year with our most stacked roster ever as a rebuilding year for no apparent reason
  • cmt
    I forgot about the “most stacked roster” comment before the season.
  • NCagalum
    Interestingly enough, one of Doug Kelly’s keys to victory was play HR. Not that they would win, but have some sort of chance.
  • Riveraggie
    I don’t think they are trying to develop Hastings, I suspect we’ll see someone else next year
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Don't forget we could easily go 0-4 or 1-3 to start the season in 2022. @ Cal, at the Jackrabbits, at home vs Weber, and away at MSU.
  • CA Forever
    Man... Why did Dan have Miles in there so long...
  • NCagalum
    HR just runs the offense so much better.
  • Idaho Aggie
    Well I don't know, what can HR offer us? Maybe this?
  • agalum
    With HR in there, Gilliam getting seams
  • NCagalum
    Yes. HR presence and threat to run opens up other weapons. I just don’t get it - basic logic.
  • Zander
    At least he got put in while the game is salveageable. Expect defense to stiffen up in the second half too when they're not on the field as much hopefully
  • Idaho Aggie
    No, caring about the game and the outcome doesn't make us 'fairweather fans.' That's nonsense. Noting that the QB who gives us a chance was riding the pine until late in the half doesn't make us 'fairweather fans,' just observant.
  • NCagalum
    I wonder if Hastings is a good practice player with something less than game speed-so you don’t see the difference in qb play.
  • DrMike
    Thank god for mute….that ugly sweater commercial is putting me over the edge.
  • Zander
    I went to pretty much every game, the whole game, as a student during the Gould years where we were lucky to pick up a D1 win. Unlike most of this forum, I didn't get to experience any sort of football success as an Aggie fan until Hawkins came along and I'm certainly thankful for not being terrible every week anymore. I get very testy at being called a fair-weather fan after the abject disappointment this team kept dragging me through year after year with me keeping coming back for more for some reason.

That being said, now that the school seems to take football seriously now I expect the coaches to do everything they can to play to win. Good programs don't play for .501 seasons, they play for championships. That's what I want us to strive for, so it's really frustrating to see the program not seemingly striving for it.
  • CA Forever
    I'm not saying we would be winning if HR had started, but I don't understand the justification for starting MH going into this game. The HR benching was justified at the time, but the MH experiment has been disastrous.
  • cmt
    You’re right. We should be much more positive about a team that is on pace to give up over 700 yards in the game.
  • NCagalum
    must be regional. I get Dave Doeren (head coach nc state) coke commercials. My wife says it’s an intentional parody - it is just BAD with edits every 5 seconds. Maybe he couldn’t remember his lines.
  • Zander
    I've done my share to support this team through good and bad via other social media, donations, purchases, and trying to spread word of mouth to my friends, on top of going to dozens of losing games.

I'm not a student anymore though and my time and money have value; the program doesn't get to claim either for free without accountability
  • CA Forever
    Okay, I said Hastings isn't good. Not a fair weather fan at all though. I've watched the Aggies since the 90s, through the good and bad... Every single game beginning to end no matter the outcome. Hastings has objectively not been good over the course of the last couple games. He has more interceptions than touchdowns and that is never a recipe for winning.

If you wanna call me fair weather that's fine, but I don't think my comment was unjustified.
  • Idaho Aggie
    I'll try to speak for myself. It's not that they're disappointing that has me upset. I've seen plenty of losses. It's making the same mystifying coaching choices, week after week. Hastings may be great down the road, but he's been struggling the last few games, and he's had a poor game today. I want the coaches to give us a chance at our best outcomes, and until they put HR in, they weren't doing that.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!