• 69aggie
    She and her husband are charged with laundering 3.6 billion dollars in
    Hacked Bitcoin in a New York federal court. You will hear much more about this case soon. She is also a rapper going by the name of Razzlekhan or sometimes “The Crocodile of Wall street”. The Feds confiscated almost 3 Billion in Bitcoin form her NY apartment which is the largest amount ever by the Justice Department. Just a fascinating story. NYT story quotes at length from her UC Davis Econ prof who has only good things to say about her. “Excellent student.” Check her out on Twitter. She is really something to see.
  • 69aggie
    I am interested in whether there is any polling on the athletic fee vote. Didn’t see anything in the Aggie today, except now there’s a campaign to remove Gunrock and put in place a cow as our mascot. Maybe not a bad idea as I have no preference there. Remember they are kids with little else to do except studying. Having some fun. Use do it myself. Love those kids. . . .
  • AggieFinn2
    She's a cyber-criminal. In my opinion being a talented rapper is like being the best at making packaged ramen noodles. People may enjoy rap very much, but they can just as easily live without it and not care if it suddenly ceased to exist, just as they could with ramen.

I guess you could say the same thing if you substituted baseball for ramen. Probably not football or basketball though. Football gives people an excuse to yell for no good reason and eat and drink too much on Sundays.

I've thought for a long time that Gunrock was kind of a strange-looking mascot, more like a hairy blue dinosaur. To be fair it's really tough to make animal costumes that don't look at least somewhat ridiculous. A cow is not going to look any less so. I'm guessing the supporters are either not vegan, or the idea is to have a plant-based cow mascot. There's no pleasing everybody. They could install a Transformer mascot because robots are gender-neutral, but people would have problems with the fact that Optimus Prime and co. are not electric vehicles and no one can verify that their bodies are comprised of 100% recycled material.
  • 69aggie
    AggieFinn2’s post was absolutely hilarious and I agree with everything he said, except I think we should keep the jury out on heather for awhile. I do not know anything about cryptocurrency and I don’t want to know anything about it. Just very creepy and weird stuff. I think the vegan cow idea is great. Except she/he/it has to be non-binary so names may be a bit of a challenge. Is the BWC the repository of the worst sports names or what? Dirt bags? Eaters? What the hell os a Triton? Why does Santa Barbara have a South American cowboy for a mascot? MAybe we just do a redesign of Gunrock’s costume so he looks less dragon like? Change color to brown. Why not just use the real horse that the gal rides onto the field before each game? Maybe change mascot to the steam tractor we used to have at games. Call it “Steamy” bring it out of retirement and buy a lot of insurance on it. Would be very unique!
  • AggieFinn2
    I believe Triton is one of the moons of Neptune, and in Greek mythology Triton is the son of Poseidon (Neptune in Roman mythology), god of the sea. So that's where the whole merman with a trident comes from. Poseidons or Neptunes just sounds weird. Still it doesn't make sense to make a single made-up figure plural for the sake of sports teams. It would be similar to calling your teams the Santa Clauses, the Easter Bunnies, or the Cobra Commanders.

I think there is a book out there somewhere similar to a baby name book that has potential names for school sports teams. Gauchos is a popular entry, as are Mustangs, Lumberjacks,,Bears, 49ers, Wildcats,Trojans, Matadors,, Eagles, Warriors.. Kudos to UCI for going outside the box and UCSC for being on another planet entirely.
  • 69aggie
    “Go eaters, Go” maybe outside the box, but very odd and/or non-sensible or just plain weird. I guess you could say that about any of the nick names for teams. We are the “Aggies” but have a humanized blue horse for a mascot called “Gunrock”named after an Army breeding stallion which could be easily viewed as a sexist male object. Absolutely no way to make that gender neutral. Texas A&M are the “Aggies” as well, but they have a dog as their mascot. Forget name, but presumably can be either male or female dog. So kudos to Texas for being so politically correct which has to be somewhat of an anomaly for that state.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!