• movielover
    My guess is Sac will be over .500 if he is at least an average coach. If he has a good year, 50% chance he bolts.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    In case anyone was curious whatever happened to Mikey Henn, he is transferring to Penn st. This after stops at cal baptist, Portland, and Denver after leaving the Ags.

• AggieFinn2
    Oh boy, who wouldn't be lining up for a chance to recruit a seemingly fickle non-superstar 1-year player ??!! Top3...he should feel lucky anyone's interested in letting him continue playing after he just flitted around like that. Sure will be nice when all the COVID kids have exhausted their eligibilty and there's a decrease in the Re-recruitment All-Stars. Like weddings but bored with your wife ? Jump in the marriage transfer portal.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Crazy...UCD to Cal Baptist to Portland State to Denver to Penn State...wow!
  • DrMike
    That’s gotta be a walk-on, right? Maybe not, article I read said this gives them needed depth. Weird

I liked him as an Ag and was disappointed he left after his frosh season. 5 schools?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Some pretty high level programs. Seems like a big step for him.
  • DrMike
    article I read made it sound like they had a depth issue at power forward with only 2 incoming frosh there. Nice stop gap for PSU, nice step up for Henn
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I hope it works out for him.
  • AggieFinn2
    According to his Denver profile he was in graduate school at both Portland Denver..and now a third school. Ridiculous. If he hadn't already graduated I'd swear he was Van Wilder.
  • DrMike
    I don't think this is what the NCAA had in mind when they added the idea of the grad transfer!
  • AggieFinn2
    It seems to me like he's abusing the system. Not saying they don't exist but how many graduate programs do you know of that you can complete start to finish in 1 year while playing college basketball ? Apparently he either found two of them or isn't taking his pstgraduate education as seriously as he should. Is he going for a doctorate in Basketball Studies ?
  • DrMike
    that’s a problem with the grad transfer - get in and get eligible one term, play, bail…,,repeat. I’m guess he’s not Mikey Henn, BS, MS, MS. Football is worse - don’t even have to show up for classes.

Blame the schools
  • Gauchofreg
    Caleb McGill to D2 Metro State
    https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/caleb-mcgill

Btw, I sat next to Mikey Henn at a BW Tournament game the year after he had left Davis; he was sitting out that year before playing for Cal Baptist and was watching Davis play UCR in the semi finals. Nice guy and I think I did ask him why he transferred but can't remember what he said. Given that experience, I've paid loose attention to his multi-stop career. Crazy that he's still out there. To put into perspective, my son was in Junior High when Henn started his college career and will be halfway through college when Henn finishes.
  • AggieFinn2
    That makes sense because he's from Colorado.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah I remember my son (who was still in high school) and I going to see the Ags at Cal in one of Henn's better early games (16-17 season). My son has graduated college and is already in the working world. Crazy college career for Mikey.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    More size. Niko Rocak, 6'9" big man is transferring from UCSB where it looks like he only got into two games in 20-21 and none last year.

With 6'11" Borra, 6'9" Anigwe/Mani/Rocak, and 6'7" Henry/Strong/Manu, this has to be one of our biggest squads in a while. Of course, we now have to see who can produce.
  • DrMike
    his brother Toni was a pretty good player at UCSD
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I watched a few minutes of his HS senior season highlight and he looked pretty good. Some low post moves and some driving from the high post. Even some 3 point range. But that was about 3 years ago, so we'll see where his skills stand now.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm guessing that he thought he'd have a better chance for more minutes here than at UCSB. They're loaded again as always.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    yeah I would think so. In the, what seems like, distant pass, Les liked to start two bigs and then bring in two off the bench together (thinking back to jt/ritchart starting and fox/monson subbing in). More recently he’s really played with only one big on the court at a time, and sometimes none. Curious to see how the minutes play out this year. I’m guessing that Mani will redshirt, as it usually takes some time for bigs to get accustomed to D1 speed. I could see Anigwe and Henry getting the most minutes with Bora and Rocak subbing in. Manu and Strong seem to be more wing type players who will compete with Milling for minutes. It’d be kind of interesting to see a group of Beasley/Johnson/Pepper/Milling and maybe Strong or Manu get some time together.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Definitely going to be interesting to see how this group comes together. The trip to Europe in August will be good opportunity for players to get to know each other and, hopefully, help create a great team chemistry.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Big West Conference schedule has been released. Here is the schedule for the Aggies:

Thursday 12/29 @ Hawaii
    Thursday 1/5 Irvine
    Saturday 1/7 Bakersfield
    Wednesday 1/11 @ CSUN
    Saturday 1/14 Fullerton
    Monday 1/16 @ San Diego
    Thursday 1/19 Riverside
    Saturday 1/21 Cal Poly
    Thursday 1/26 @ Bakersfield
    Saturday 128 @ Long Beach
    Thursday 2/2 Hawaii
    Thursday 2/9 @ Riverside
    Saturday 2/11 @ Santa Barbara
    Wednesday 2/15 CSUN
    Saturday 2/18 @ Irvine
    Monday 2/20 San Diego
    Thursday 2/23 @ Fullerton
    Saturday 2/25 @ Cal Poly
    Thursday 3/2 Santa Barbara
    Saturday 3/4 Long Beach

The entire schedule for all teams here: https://bigwest.org/news/2022/6/22/the-big-west-unveils-2022-23-mens-basketball-conference-slate.aspx
  • BlueGoldAg
    12/17 @ Eastern Washington
  • agalum

“ Thursday 12/29 @ Hawaii”

Watch the Aggies then spend New Years eve in Hawaii! Sounds like a plan (wink).
  • Toke69
    Pre-covid, I used to get tickets to see the Aggies play in Hawaii. There is a visitor's section in the arena and I ask the ticket office if I can get a seat there. It's always "no." but for different reasons. Once I was told it was sold out. Next I was told that only special guests are allowed there. Do any of you have any connection to the UC Davis Athletic program to see if an old alum can get a "special guest" designation?
  • Toke69
    Deleted
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Aggies picked to finish 6th in the new BW coaches poll. That feels about right considering all the new pieces that will have to produce. I watched the ESPN+ preview, about 15 minutes. Nothing really new discussed. Coach Les did say that Anigwe had a knee injury that he was dealing with last year, which probably explains some down games. Hopefully we'll see steady production from him all season.

• BlueGoldAg
    It's great to see Bob Williams get inducted into the Aggie Athletics Hall of Fame. It's remarkable what he achieved!

156789Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!