Sac State @ Colorado State 1 pm
    Idaho @ Northern Arizona 1 pm
    Portland State @ Montana 1 pm
    Weber State @ UC Davis 7 pm
    Cal Poly - Bye
  • AggieFinn
    All these games interest me.
  • agalum

Finn, will you and your dad be at the Weber game? Looking forward to seeing both of you.
  • AggieFinn

Heck yeah, we're getting a tour of the new facility on the north end too.
  • agalum

Put me on the list.
  • DrMike
    Sac 41-10 over Colorado St. Rams are down but that’s still very impressive
  • movielover
    All Final

MSU 38 - EWU 35 -- #4 vs #15
    Northern CO 35 - Idaho State 14
    Idaho 27 - NAU 10
    Montana 53 - Portland St 16
  • movielover
    Sac used 2 QBs, backup O'Hara was 10 of 10, threw 2 TDs and ran for another, and CSU backup 7 of 7.
  • Zander
    Nothing I’d say is really surprising yet, except maybe the exact level of dominance by sac.

I don’t think either team winning our game would be considered a surprise unless it’sa blowout
  • movielover
    Cal running away from Arizona in the 2nd half, 42-24.

Plummer w 3 TDs, Ott w over 200 yds rushing.
  • agalum
    Hawk has never beat Sac. (Field) Gould beat them a few times.
  • AggieFinn
    Montana, Sac, Montana State and EWU all look like killers...and the Aggies just lost to Weber...not seeing it for Davis this year. You have to beat quality teams, coming up just short is half-measures.
  • movielover
    A deeper team w average QB play, few playmakers, and we lose UG this year.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac may well be the best team in the conference. What Troy Taylor has done with the Hornets in just a couple of years is nothing short of remarkable. He has certainly established himself and one of the best coaches and recruiter in the Big Sky Conference. I can't remember any coach in the conference that has been so successful in such a short period of time.
  • agalum

Hopefully Taylor will move on (wink).
  • DavisAggie
    Huh? Blew them out in 2018
  • 72Aggie
    I think Colorado State could use a guy like Taylor.

I think the one school that could lure Taylor is Cal, but the Bears aren't likely to get rid of Wilcox anytime soon.
  • Riveraggie
    I don’t think Sac State is anyone’s dream job. He’d go to other than Cal.
  • Riveraggie
    Even Idaho looks tough.
  • movielover
    Transparent California last report had him at $410,000, plus bennies, and likely a higher quality of life with young children.
  • 72Aggie
    I could never figure out why he would leave a job as OC at Utah to take over at Sac, which at the time was a FCS program on the ropes. He has a young family and the stability here is worth something. He is a hometown guy. He has done what few Sac coaches have done and that is recruit successfully in the Sac area. He has great contacts with the local HS coaching community. Offers will come his way. The tangibles would say leave...the intangibles might say stick around.

But I digress....
  • 72Aggie
    Blew them out in 2018 in the Reno game. Hawk is 0-2 against Taylor, 2019 and 2021. No game in 2020. Throw in 2017 and he's 1-3.
  • agalum

Yep, i stand corrected. And i was at that game, lol.
  • Riveraggie
    Sacramento isn’t unique as a place you can raise children, With a good income you can raise a family just about anywhere.
  • NCagalum
    that’s my hope. (i.e., take another job). He may stay another year or two just to prove himself and team in the playoffs. You gotta know he’s going to get offers. Seems to me he is pretty clearly the best coach in the league.
  • NCagalum
    For those with ESPN+ If you want to see a very entertaining game - and one in which the losing team is coached by someone not endeared to Aggie hearts - check out the Montana State - EWU game. Back and forth battle. Tommy Mellot banged his head against that awful red fake turf in the first half and was motionless for minutes on the field - very scary. Fortunately, he was seen later in street clothes on the sideline. I suspect he underwent, or will undergo concussion protocol. Reminded me a bit of HR at Weber last year.
    Chambers (Wyoming transfer from CA) came in and led the team to victory. He seems to be as effective a runner as Mellot (different style and more of a big bruiser that probably is less subject to injury) and in my opinion a better passer. Kind of ironic that Touchdown Tommy who took over last year to big accolades and expectations may be himself replaced this year. In any event I hope the young man recovers fully and quickly.
    If EWU could halfway stop the run - they would be a decidedly better team than they are. I think their ranking going into the game was an artifact of past seasons.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Cal is 3-1 and recently extended Wilcox. Any chance he would leave for a non Cal P5 school or even G5? We all know he'd take the Cal job in heartbeat but Cal's hot start has pretty mch removed all pressure on Wilcox speaking as a fan of both schools.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I really have no idea. He's having great success at Sac and has deep roots in the Sacramento area. Big money at a big program is nice but it comes with a lot potential negatives including pretty much having no time left for family and enjoying life outside of football. I think he will be happy to stay at Sac and try to win a national championship for the time being.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!