• AggieFinn
    Shout out once again to Matthew Loves Ball on YouTube

• BlueGoldAg
    Insightful comments, NCagalum. Thanks for posting.
  • movielover
    Speckman's departure likely removed our most experienced coach on offense regarding Xs and Os.

Interesting development in Boise with Plough's departure and veteran OC Koetter turning up the offense in game one. Their starting QB also left, they played 2 QBs to mix things up, and a 6'6" mobile freshman QB exploded. Boise went from averaging 19 PPG vs FBS schools to 35 points in one half.

Koetter [OC], Green lead Boise State to season-saving win over SDSU

https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/koetter-green-lead-boise-state-to-season-saving-win-over-sdsu/article_7e920728-410d-11ed-b228-ef1fd462df01.html

"It was Koetter’s brilliance, his masterclass that saved Boise State’s season on Friday night as the Broncos scored 35-unanswered points in the second half en route to a 35-13 win over San Diego State (2-3, 0-1 Mountain West).

"It’s hard to believe Koetter took the reins of this offense just six days ago, back when head coach Andy Avalos fired offensive coordinator Tim Plough after four weeks of watching an offense that was downright offensive."

"Then another loss a few days later when quarterback Hank Bachmeier hit the transfer portal, adding to the chaos around a program that has been the model of consistency since Koetter left in 2000.

"On Friday, though, Koetter took the keys to the beat-up Honda Civic Plough left him and drove that thing like Mario Andretti, maneuvering it in ways its previous driver never did.

"It just took two quarters for the engine to get greased up...."

"And Koetter's offense was a different offense. There were more read options, more times when the quarterback had to read just one defensive end and make a play from there. It was so simple. So easy. So darn effective."
  • AggieFinn
    If you're Plough, that article says ouch on so many levels.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Man, the local media in these sports crazy towns can be brutal...
  • movielover

There was a second opinion article I chose not to post, seemed mean spirited... the article did a take off on Plough's motto "find joy".

A big chunk of their improvement likely revolves around their decision to start a tall mobile QB. Interesting that the starting QB entered the transfer portal once Plough was gone. It will be interesting to see if the success continues when teams have film on him.

Big time sports. Wisconsin just sacked their coach after a 2-3 start with 2 very winnable games up next. Coach Chryst was 52-16, but 15-10 overall since 2020 (9-8 in the Big Ten). Looks like the AD is paving the way for the current DC, who has never been a head coach.
  • MSU72
    10 min before the game started a UCD parent who was clearly drunk slamming the last drips of his 24oz while he was with his wife and friend randomly accused me of throwing a beer can at a car in the tailgate parking lot as I'm walking to the gate with my wife and daughter who attends MSU. This guy and his buddy were talking all kinds of shit just trying to start a fight and here I am solo with my girls, but could've easily turned the entire parking lot against this guy and got his ass pummeled. If you travel to another school to support your team, do so and be proud, but don't come to Montana and talk a bunch of nonsense shit that will get you and your drunk dipshit friends in trouble quick like. This ain't Cali, believe that. Straighten up and act right. If you're traveling with this team to games, you frequent these boards so watch yourself before you run into the wrong person that isn't with his wife and daughter.
  • agalum

How did you know this was a UC Davis parent? Did he introduce himself.? If true, certainly not the way Aggie fans roll. Sounds more like a SLAC fan, but sorry you had to experience that.
  • movielover
    Sorry to hear that, not a typical Davis fan. Like this site, we're pretty tame.
  • MSU72
    His wife and friends wife both wore UC Davis hats and they all sat in the UCD designated visitor section. We were right behind them as we entered the stadium. I'm sorry if I'm speculating, but was just going by common sense. If it there's any indication on who he may be, he was wearing a greenish blue Northface jacket. Yes, I know, that really doesn't narrow it down, but everyone else seemed great. It's just the few that ruin it for everyone, especially when it involves alcohol.
  • CA Forever
    Sorry you had a bad experience with a fan. Like movie said, that is pretty unrepresentative of Davis fans as a whole. I would describe us a pretty mild overall.
  • agalum

Sorry again. I had a similar thing happen at SLAC state when my kids were little, wearing Aggie gear @ SLAC. Lots of profanity from drunken tailgaters directed at us as we were walking towards the stadium. My son, now 40, still remembers the incident.
  • NCagalum
    sorry to hear that. You are preaching to the choir here, so maybe a bit misdirected. I am sure no one on this board is that person. My wife and I attended the game and stopped by the tailgate of an msu fan who I had linked up on bobcat nation (we are not player parents). I gave him a NC State shot glass and a sleeve of CA logo golf balls. We had a great experience and ignored the few drunk students who came and went in the section we were in (kind of expected). Otherwise we chatted with the “older” Bobcat fans and had a good time.
  • AggieFinn

Aggie fans aren't immune to being jackasses. As a whole, I think we're pretty good folks and love to talk ball. Sorry you got a guy who had too much to drink, might be living in the Northwest and was letting lose like it was '92 again back at Toomey.
  • 69aggie
    Is there anything about what MSU stated reflected on the MSU thread? And what’s this about “this ain’t Cali”? So this happens only with people from California? I get what MSU72 said and I deplore it, but I think this guy may have some bigger issues with California people.
  • MSU72
    I appreciate the comments all and there's bad apples at all schools. The thing that irked me is I was clearly walking with my wife and daughter solo with nobody around in the area we were and probably looked like an easy target for a couple of drunk adults. There's no issues with CA people I have. I'm actually a transplant. Born and raised in SoCal, Ontario, CA and moved to Bozeman 12 years ago so that's not the issue. It's just respect and even though we're rivals in the Big Sky, I hope UCD has some success this season. UG is an absolute beast! The score did not show the intensity played on both sides. Good luck this season Aggie nation.
  • Cats2506

Just saying that I have had nothing but good interactions with UCD fans wither online or in person. There is a few in every crowd, God knows we have a few Cat fans like that too.
  • AggieFinn

Best football conversation I ever had was with a guy who was a South Alabama grad, had moved to Oakland to start a soul food place. Guy could talk ball like nobody's business, his old buddy, an accountant in Mobile, also knew everything about the USA team.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!