• BlueGoldAg
    I agree...make the OOC schedule as easy as possible...SOS doesn't mean a thing to the committee.
  • lucche
    Montana didn't beat a plus .500. Garner Webb definitely not a better 6-5 record than UC Davis.
  • cmt
    Gardner Webb got the auto-bid from their conference.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac fans are in heaven...they get a cupcake in the second round and they knocked the Ags out...
  • AggieFinn
    Those close loses to Weber and Sac, just needed one of those. Still think the guys fought their butts off and certainly turned it around in a hurry, but man, got to find a way to be 3-0 or 2-1 going into Big Sky play. Starting with a hole doesn't help.
  • cmt
    They kind of earned it after being screwed over drawing South Dakota St last year.
  • CA Forever
    Seriously. Time to get as many Pioneer teams as we can. Screw multiple FBS games and Missouri Valley games.
  • lucche
    It's definitely about the money for Montana. What were they 6th place in conference. And still ranked with a soft schedule
  • cmt
    3-0 is tougher due to the FBS game but we just need to schedule some crap team out of conference and win. Clearly playing the #1 overall seed tough on the road didn't matter. There's no way you'll convince me a 7-4 UCD team that beat a 3-8 South Dakota (instead of losing to SDSt) isn't in the field.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Of all the teams in the Big Sky, I dislike Montana the most. I hope they get killed in the playoffs. They do not deserve to be there this year and Hauck is not a likable coach...
  • Vandie716
    You guys got screwed! So sorry…. I was so impressed with your squad. There is no rational for putting Montana in over UC Davis.
  • AggieFinn
    Aggies 2023 schedule:

Sat., Sept. 2 at Texas A&M-Commerce - E.H. Field at Memorial Stadium, Commerce, TX, 5 pm PT
    Sat., Sept. 9 at Oregon State - Reser Stadium - Corvallis, OR, TBD
    Sat., Sept. 16 - vs. Southern Utah - UC Davis Health Stadium - Davis, CA, TBD
    Sat., Sept. 23 vs. Eastern Washington - UC Davis Health Stadium - Davis, CA, TBD
    Sat., Sept. 30 at Cal Poly - Alex G. Spanos Stadium - San Luis Obispo, CA, TBD
    Sat., Oct. 7 vs. Montana - UC Davis Health Stadium - Davis, CA, TBD
    Sat., Oct. 14 at Weber State - Stewart Stadium - Ogden, UT, TBD
    Sat., Oct. 21 - OPEN DATE
    Sat., Oct. 28 at Northern Arizona - Walkup Skydome - Flagstaff, AZ, TBD
    Sat., Nov. 4 vs. Portland State - UC Davis Health Stadium - Davis, CA, TBD
    Sat., Nov. 11 at Idaho State - Holt Arena - Pocatello, ID, TBD
    Sat., Nov. 18 vs. Sacramento State - UC Davis Health Stadium - Davis, CA, TBD
  • CA Forever
    Good luck to the Vandals!
  • Kerberos
    Montana AD being on the committee probably didn’t hurt…
  • AggieFinn

Good luck in the playoffs Idaho, we'll be rooting for you
  • CA Forever
    At this moment that feels like a favorable schedule for the Aggies, but who knows what the squad will look like next season. Obviously we're going to have to figure some things out on offense with Gilliam leaving.
  • cmt
    My thoughts also on the schedule. No Montana St or Idaho. Would be really nice to win either the Montana or Weber games. Would give us a little leeway.
  • AggieFinn

Amoah and Pettek graduate too.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Craig Haley's comments about Delaware losing 3 of their last 5 and Montana finishing poorly with a blowout versus Davis not getting in was the only recognition we got. The committee is obviously biased towards Montana big time.
  • CA Forever
    Cody Hawkins just re-tweeted this

• movielover

Sat., Sept. 2 at Texas A&M-Commerce - 5-6
    Sat., Sept. 9 at Oregon State - 8-3
    Sat., Sept. 16 - vs. Southern Utah - 5-6
    Sat., Sept. 23 vs. Eastern Washington - 3-8
    Sat., Sept. 30 at Cal Poly - 2-9
    Sat., Oct. 7 vs. Montana - 7-4
    Sat., Oct. 14 at Weber State - 9-2

Sat., Oct. 28 at Northern Arizona - 3-8
    Sat., Nov. 4 vs. Portland State - 4-7
    Sat., Nov. 11 at Idaho State - 1-10
    Sat., Nov. 18 vs. Sacramento State - 11-0

We could be 4-1 before we play Montana, at home. Hopefully 5-1 going into Weber. So realistically, an 8-2 record before hosting the Hornets.

*edited
  • aggie08
    A bit rough. Losing by a combined 8 points to the top two teams in the country apparently doesn’t do it. As frustrating as it is, we shouldn’t leave our destiny to the committee. Needed one more win and they couldn’t leave us out. We were so close this year and probably have a better team than most in the playoffs. The history books will show an average 6-5 year, but we fielded one of our best teams ever. Proud of our team. We just needed to win one of the close ones. On to next year…
  • CA Forever
    You have Idaho and Idaho State mixed up there
  • Riveraggie
    To me seasons always come down to beating the teams that historically beat us. I’d rather have quality wins and miss the playoffs than sneak in without a win over a Montana, Montana State, Weber or Eastern Washington. Now you can add Sac to that list.
    This year Davis lost the games that were on the schedule against historical nemeses. The only ranked team they beat was one they beat twice last year so that didn’t gain much respect,. Can’t complain about missing the playoffs because we conclusively proved we are unlikely to win a game against ranked competition, doing so once in five opportunities
  • NCagalum
    This is the biggest travesty on earth. 4 league losses, the last one a curb stomping and a powder puff out of conference schedule.

Absolutely no fairness in letting them in. I don’t think the Aggies should get on and much more so for Montana. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • cmt
    Can’t complain about missing the playoffs because we conclusively proved we are unlikely to win a game against ranked competition, doing so once in five opportunitiesRiveraggie

We can complain because Montana even more conclusively proved that they’re unlikely to win a game against ranked competition and they got in.
  • DavisAggie
    The backup RB corps is exceptional. If Parks can come back our O-line is set
  • Riveraggie
    They lucked out on conference schedule and didn’t have to play two teams that finished above them in the standings, Weber and Davis, They lost against every strong conference team the played, So they don’t deserve to be in. We can complain about it if the choice was them or Davis. But was it?
  • Toke69
    'Tis travesty fit to makes the very gods blush.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!