• 69aggie
    So the thinking is Carson camp will lead sac state to win the FCS championship? Nothing much on UCD except Hastings being pretty good. A lot of discussion on sac due to all the changes in the coaching situation. I think MSU is overall the best of the BS teams according to these guys. Sac did not play MSU last season and that helped them a lot in the rankings. Should be an interesting season to watch next season.
  • Riveraggie
    These guys talked about four teams, notably ignoring Weber. Davis doesn’t play Montana State or Idaho this season. I think Sac comes back to the pack in 2023, Montana will have a new QB, likely a guy at this third school without playing much so QB will be a big question for them. Montana has supposedly the best HS recruit at running back they’ve ever had. Overall, I think the league schedule is maybe a bit easier, with us missing some of the tougher teams.
  • DrMike
    and non conference is much easier
  • movielover
    Can we replace UG and throw a deep ball?

Outlier prediction - Jeremiah Chukwudobe could shine if given more carries. Serious downhill runner.
  • 69aggie
    Don’t count out Larison he is a gamer. Both of these guys in the backfield would be very effective and do not forget magic! That guy is the stud of studs!
  • Riveraggie
    One thing in favor of the new QB coach is that he coached a QB that got a lot of yards per completion.
    We are lucky to have Larison who gained nearly 500 yards at 7.5 yards per carry and is a good receiver. We have to hope our backs can be a durable as Gilliam, he was amazing in that regard.
  • 69aggie
    Magic is really an underused asset. But that he will do everything that will help the team
  • movielover

I'm not overlooking LL, I'm pointing out someone who is under the radar. He broke multiple tackles on one play for a big gain, showing big play capability.

The opponents figured out Magic. His primary role appears to be as a great Wildcat QB.
  • agalum

Yeah, at the HS level opponents just couldn’t handle him. After he was on our films, college level defenders were able to neutralize his wildcat plays. We needed to mix it up more with him, maybe throwing instead of running. But he’s certainly a very versatile player and baller.
  • Riveraggie
    I like Chukwudobe too.
    He is now 195lb and he runs with determination.
    I don’t know if he’s sacrificed much speed but he ran a sub 11 second 100 in high school. (They did a profile on him in winter of 2020, but they incorrectly understated his speed by a full second}
    We haven’t seen him catch anything.
  • movielover
    He excelled at wildcat QB, though he was stopped a couple of times.

Modest numbers at WR (3 receptions a game), and one return of note.
  • movielover
    His 41 yard run was impressive, breaking multiple tackles. (Not missed coverage, broken play or gadget play.)
  • movielover
    We could use a breakout sackman.
  • AggieFinn
    Zach Kennedy is primed.
  • Riveraggie
    Ambagtsheer hopefully will be back healthy. After that scouting report from a Cal fan, I was watching for his return, but he only got into one game, and left with an injury.
  • Joey91
    Ambag has medically retired. Zach Kennedy is a force, with Joey Carrillo making great strides! Tough schedule last year paid no dividends, lesser teams making playoffs. Ags scheduled accordingly.
  • movielover
    Carillo - "Related to U.S. founding father John Hancock."
  • DavisAggie
    let's retire this thread -- I'll start a new 2023 preview thread
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!