• NCagalum
    Announcer is on drugs. Mentioned playoff hope to keep?
  • NCagalum
    In fielg goal range. Bad news.
  • movielover
    Dunning has mentioned it too... who is pushing this? Concentrate on task at hand!
  • NCagalum
    They will go for it so need to stop them.
  • CA Forever
    AND WE GET THE STOP!!!!!! AGGIES WIN!
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Yeah!!! So close to blowing it, but a win is a win esp against rival CP.
  • NCagalum
    Yes. The cal poly famous drop game rears it’s head. A win is as win and very sweet against cal poly. And it makes them 0-8. Love beating rivals. I have to give some credit to the defense. They proved me wrong.

Celebratory martini tomorrow. Too late in EST.
  • zythe
    These games are too close
  • movielover
    Happy we won. Don't understand Tehran Thomas, who would be one of my top 2 backs, not playing. Defense getting too happy w 3 minutes left after a stop when we had won nothing. Poor discipline. No effort to mix in an occasional running play in first half.

I don't expect probing questions from our press.... so we score 21 early... 10 the rest of the game? Ugly win, good crowd.

Connor Airey RFrosh LB had at least one big play down the stretch (again).
  • zythe
    What was the attendance?
  • CA Forever
    They said 10,503 on the cast of the game. Don't know if that is official or not.
  • movielover
    Bua 16 tackles, SO Bryce Rodgers 11 at DT.

Three sacks, Flowers and Rodgers 1 each.
  • CA Forever
    Winning the shoe is nice, but I think this game continued to show some glaring weaknesses in our program as it stands. Run game is non-existent, so much so that we basically gave up on it altogether. I don't think that is a long term solution but at least we went in the direction of our strength as opposed to NAU where we tried to force the run. Tackling is abysmal. The 2nd half of this season we seem to have adopted a weird trend of going conservative at weird times in the game. That wasn't present in the first half of the season where we went full steam ahead for the entire game. I gotta give props to Poly though, they wanted that win bad. A lot of programs that are 0-7 would just roll over especially going down big early on, but they fought til the very end on that one.
  • zythe
    Hopefully, this is something we can improve on for next season
  • The Big Easy
    Whoa! I turned off the game early 1st quarter and checked back in to find a close game at the end.
  • movielover
    Does our offensive brain trust need a little therapy? I love our coaches, but... Thomas averaged 16 yards a carry last week, and he saw no PT today? His average on the year is 6.8 yards per carry... highest on the team ... only 20 carries, but worth thinking about.
  • agalum
    Got to give poly credit. Game was a nail biter right up to the end. D showed up when they had to. Need to take it to Idaho state.
  • SloStang
    Well at least we did not quit when we went down 21-0. Congrats on the win.
  • CA Forever
    You guys made it a true rivalry game after going down early. Exciting until the end. I'm sure you guys will bounce back after this season.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Random thoughts from yesterday:

1) Aggie Pack: I continue to be disappointed and underwhelmed by this so-called student section. No organization, no leadership, no knowledge of football. The loudest they were all night was while mugging for a camera before a punt all 200 of them. Seriously? AP leadership of 10, 12 years ago must be livid with what they have since become.

2) Lack of concentration: It sure seemed like we put it into cruise control after going up 21-0 6:00 into the game. Also, a dance party by the benches when Poly punted late in the 4th but before the 3-and-out with Spencer and Maier? Really bad look.

3) What the hell are we doing benching Meier with 459 YARDS for Spencer the first 2 downs of what ultimately was the most critical possession of the game? And then put Maier in for 3rd down? Can we more blatantly telegraph what we are doing? Yes, we most likely would run to burn clock and the last Poly timeout, but taking out Maier allowed Poly to sell out on the run, and then know the pass was surely coming on 3rd & long. Could not have been more conservative with the Spencer keepers on 1st and 2nd. Play to win the game.

4) Horseshoe: I saw the photo of the trophy on my phone and had to ZOOM IN to see it. Isn't this the 3rd iteration of the trophy? I guess we know what the solution is: never lose to Poly again. Pretty asinine and ridiculous if you ask me - 12 years, 3 trophies. FBS rivalry game trophies have been around for generations. Get it together Poly.
  • CA Forever
    I was watching the game online so I can't really comment on your 1st point. Points 2 and 3 should be concerning. Taking Maier out of the game to run the clock was absurd. Running wasn't working all game, keep Jake out there and try to get a couple of first downs with short passes. I also noticed that it looked like a different trophy. Always seems to happen when its coming from Cal Poly. Not sure what their deal is.
  • DrMike
    The sideline dance was a horrible look. Thrilling win that shouldn’t have been that close. Give poly credits, coaches and kids. They made adjustments ( completely took away Preece), stuck with their run game and didn’t give up. They got killed by three of their mistakes : 1) fumble before half cost them three or seven points; 2) hold on last punt cost them ten yards and left them out of FG position; 3) dropped pass on last play. But it’s a win.

In retrospect a FG instead on going for it on the one would have iced it BUT shouldn’t give up a 99 yard drive. Thought that penalty was ticky tack for that situation. Wasn’t egregious enough to make a game changing call.

Run game was non existent against poly’s front four - let their backers drop into pass lanes to take away pass option. Only one fly and that went for a loss. I’d like to see some fakes off the fly to keep d honest.

Aggie pack did get loud at end but they need leaders. Football isn’t part of many of our students background so they need someone on a mic to teach and lead. That being said best atmosphere in stadium in many years.

Beat the bengals and let’s see what happens down the stretch
  • movielover
    So Poly made adjustments, and we didn't. Not good. We didn't score in the second half with a dominant QB and WRs, and only added 10 points after the first 5 minutes?

I don't think I've ever seen a more untimely, large sideline celebration in decades of Aggie football. CJ, Airey, a few othes can also strut like peacocks while we are behind or on the edge.

We had problems starting w our 2 minute drill vs EWU. We need to button things up or we lose an opportunity to do more with Doss' junior year.

Good atmosphere, good crowd, recruits on hand. Go Ags!
  • aggie6thman
    Glad the trophy case in Applesauce Gym will be empty!!
  • Goags20172
    Lol. Applesauce Gym. Other people make bad puns on here. It's not just me.
  • movielover
    Why 3rd version of the trophy? Are they losing or destroying them, giving them to frats?
  • Goags20172
    Cal Poly has a lot of engineering students. They've probably had some crazy Dilbert and Dogbert adventures with them.
  • CA Forever
    That 2nd trophy was truly horrendous
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!