• agalum

The signing party is coming up. Maybe coach will touch on QBs, but he seems to always keep details tight.
  • DrMike
    we were trying to get some insights Saturday at the basketball game and nothing doing! There are going to be a slew of QB’s in spring, some mobile and some more stationary.
  • AggieFinn
    Every 3rd year or so, there seems to be a huge QB competition throughout the off-season. This should be one of the big offseason battles to watch in the Big Sky. All these players are Plough/Hawk recruited. So who's going to win the spot?
  • 69aggie
    The guy who throws without the laces?
  • movielover
    Not looking for overemphasis, but it was nice to see the Sac QB just tuck it and go, throw on the run, roll out.

I read somewhere that QBs are injured more standing in the pocket, not running.

Edit: we may also have 2 Frosh QBs competing for the job.
  • SochorField
    Brock Johnson will be a SR. Hunter (JR) has played most of the QB2 snaps, right?

I'm fairly sure that if we want a QB to get out of the pocket and take-off, Tompkins in the guy.
  • movielover
    We know that several of the QBs we have, can move.

Quickie take. Rodrigues can move, so can Gunnor Faulk and Trent Tompkins. Recruit Grant Harper, southpaw, can run when he has to.
  • agalum
    James Madison and N Iowa on espn now. 7-0 JM end of first quarter. JM looks legit.
  • NCagalum
    JMU looks pretty tough. 7-0 JMU over UNI after 1st quarter but UNI with 0 first downs. Will take a miracle for UNI to win. JMU a complete team.
  • AggieFinn
    UNI doing nothing on O
  • NCagalum
    UNI defense keeping UNI in game. UNI with terrible field position and it won’t matter how good UNI defense plays if UNI can’t score. Don’t think UNI has been past midfield.
  • NCagalum
    Montana State looking tough against Peay. Up 10-0 and I don’t think Peay has a first down after a quarter. MSU has looked like the best Big Sky team in the closing weeks of season and into playoffs IMO.
  • agalum

I dont know why i cant get espn3. I have espn thru my tv provider.
  • NCagalum
    did you try the espn app? Am watching that on big screen (youtube tv access but on espn app). ESPN app on big screen allows multi screen. Sort of like at home sports bar.
  • agalum

I did. Video comes up, good audio, then video goes black. Maybe i need to upgrade the app
  • NCagalum
    hmmm. Sounds like you have access. Otherwise you would get message.
  • DrMike
    Bobcats dominating statistically but only up 10-3 at the half. Never keep an underdog around. Although it’s not like MSU is lighting it up. Their TD was a 60 yard run. I wasn’t overly impressed by their offense. Against us, they scored on an bomb (frosh QB’s only one of the year) and the long run on the wildcat that looked like a broken play
  • agalum

Im not a computer guy. Was able to sign on and airplay to appletv, but cant get in directly with espn app on tv. Half time now, back to UNI. I like those guys, rooting for them but theirO is really getting shut down.
  • NCagalum
    As the playoffs distill down it is apparent to me that the teams with good defenses are left. Both UNI and JMU with excellent defenses and MSU and Peay showing likewise.
  • NCagalum
    Guess MSU is favored officially with home field but o don’t think Peay is an underdog from an objective standpoint.
  • NCagalum
    I’m rooting for UNI too. Think they are classy and have classy coach. Very blue collar.
  • NCagalum
    Robbie Hauck with cheap shot after sack. Remimds me of his dad.

Edit. His Dad just chewed out Sneed on sidelines for INT and actually looked like Hauck pushed him. Not a good look but no surprise.
  • agalum

He just did it again
  • NCagalum
    saw it. What a butt. Just like his dad.

Weber with puny offense.
  • agalum
    I think I’d like to see msu-weber over msu-griz
  • movielover
    Why the Friday.might games?
  • NCagalum
    they have always had at least 1 Friday night game over the years. Still not a lot of respect for FCS level. I think they want everyone watching army-navy tomorrow and endless idle chatter about who is going to win Heisman. Also college basketball.
  • agalum
    Sneed has thrown 4 picks but Weber not able to capitalize. Pretty good game.
  • agalum
    Blocked punt TD Weber. They're going to win this one.
  • NCagalum
    Weber is going to have to stop Montana. This could go to OT.

Weber went very conservative on last possession.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!