• 69aggie
    Interesting article. Josh Johnson was a very capable QB. But I remember him best for his actions at Aggie Stadium, especially when he got so upset at the student section (which was then behind the visiting team). When the students saw that they could get under his skin they just turned up their taunting until he literally tried to climb into the stands to fight the students. I believe the home team side was switched after that fiasco.
  • DrMike
    that USD game at Aggie Stadium was one of the most exciting games we’ve had (along with Idaho State OT, and UNI playoff). Johnson was electric leading them to last minute twinning TD......until Matt Engel led the long late second winning drive ! That was their first season post Harbaugh.
  • AggieHex08
    Harbaugh was the Coach of USD during that Josh Johnson game in 2007 It was my last game as Aggie Pack emcee. He even did some trash talking himself to the students during the game. Totally classless. I assumed he would flame out at Stanford because he was such a jerk. I was totally wrong there.

Seeing Johnson talk trash and then cry in sadness when they lost was a highlight of a very tough first season at Aggie Stadium.
  • DavisAggie
    If it was Harbaugh, it would have been 2006.
  • fugawe09
    Were you the emcee who was always rocking the plaid shorts and backwards hat?
  • DrMike
    harbaugh/johnson was at the Toomey -> their first visit to davis. the game i was referring to was the first year at Aggie Stadium. Harbaugh had left for Stanford then. 2007 was the 49-46 epic win; USD was coached by Ron Caragher. 2006 we beat them 37-27 in the first game at the Toom.
  • AggieHex08
    That was me!

And yea, looks like you guys were right. Either way, the whole USD sidelines were undisciplined with both coaches and players shouting back at the students. Very satisfying win.
  • DrMike
    I vividly remember those two games, yet forgot what I had for breakfast 3 hours ago!

Beating Davis was a HUGE goal for them. Harbaugh called it his bowl game when they came in undefeated. I still get nauseous thinking about our loss down there in 2008. ALMOST ruined a trip to our favorite US city
  • agalum
    We’ve had some exciting games with them. Was it two years ago when we won down there as the game came to an end from a big hit and fumble near the goal line?
  • DrMike
    last season; man it was hot that day!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!