• Idaho Aggie
    I bought tickets in the visitors section of the Kibbie Dome. I think it was mostly Aggie players parents around us. I was very disappointed with their lack of mask compliance. It got better as the game went on, but some people, like the family of four right in front of us, never wore their masks. Strapping it to your chin does not count. Idaho's mask requirement was clear. If you are going to travel to another state to sit with people in an indoor facility and spend much of your time yelling (and spraying), you should follow their policies.
  • Riveraggie
    Hear Hear! So much self satisfaction among Californians.
  • Idaho Aggie
    Ironically enough, I think the same day a group of Idahoans gathered in Boise at the Capitol to protest mask mandates and burned masks. Idaho doesn’t have a mask mandate...But Moscow does.
  • agalum

“ Seems like UCD is usually a step ahead of everyone else in their determination to keep the campus and the city safe.”
    Certainly we are now. Early on though, the Chancellor's office was slow to impose protective policies, even as health systems was publishing warnings. Should all this go to the covid thread?
  • movielover
    In 3 second bursts.
  • Riveraggie
    if it was a player, how do they determine exposure to be limited to three?
    Pick a exposure time and study the game film? Five minutes bad but 4 minutes ok? Is it players that touched the infected person, like made a tackle, or patted each other on the butt after the game. Whatever the method is, it’s arbitrary.
  • Goags20172
    The aggies won the Megabowl in the Potato-free Dome. Anything else will be a letdown, even a win against Purple State.
  • Goags20172
    h3gxgw23p8s7i36a.jpg
    I don't know how the Aggies are going to score at all. Here's a picture of the opponents' top defenders
  • CA Forever
    Any updates on the covid status of our guys?
  • DrMike
    I doubt they will announce. Hopefully we’re at full strength. We’ll need a great effort to pull this off. And, I’d hate for one of our guys to test positive
  • Riveraggie
    Weber didn’t seem as physically dominant against Idaho State as they’ve looked against us in the past, or than they were against Idaho State last year, judging by last years box score. Weber had some mismatches against inexperienced cornerbacks that they used to break open the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, after which I stopped watching. We have more experience than ISU among our defensive backs so their freshman QB may have a tougher time.
    Anyway, maybe we’ll be more competitive this year.
  • movielover
    Athlon writer takes Weber by 11. Their QB is a Frosh, 6'3", 210, who spent 2 years on an LDS mission. Can we rattle / confuse him?

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/uc-davis-aggies-vs-weber-state-wildcats-prediction-picks-2021

RB Beast Josh Davis & the team are expecting to be in the FCS championship game.
  • NCagalum
    No doubt Weber is the prevailing strong favorite, but barring a poor turnover margin I think the game should be quite competitive and better than recent history. Weber’s weak spot the past couple years was QB - not enough offense to overcome JMU for instance so that is likely to be an improvement for them. However, and I know this may be an insufficient sample size, after seeing the Idaho game, the Aggie offense is loaded IMO with Crawford back and a bevy of receivers, a VERY serviceable backup to Gilliam (who continues to be stalwart) and tight ends who are faster than Preece. And when is the last time we saw an Aggie defense hold a team to 17 points on the road? Anyway, should be a good game.
  • DrMike
    I swear Davis has been around since we joined the Big Sky! Very solid RB
  • agalum

Men against boys
  • movielover
    5'9", 195 #s. Doesn't seem to have blazing speed. Smart, tough, Gould's 'speed through the hole' ability.

I believe we only faced him once - Coach Tucker's effort limited him to about 75 yards in 2019, but the whole backfield ran for over 200.
  • movielover
    Jay Hill interview; includes film of their pass game last week (including fake double reverse/ pass).

https://kutv.com/sports/college/jay-hill-looks-ahead-to-weber-states-home-opener-vs-uc-davis
  • NCagalum
    he’s 22 and a junior. Maybe medical redshirt. Doesn’t appear to be an LDS redshirt situation.
  • DrMike
    Junior? So he’ll be 24 in his senior year, since this one doesn’t count?
  • DrMike
    Forecast is for 48 degrees at game time under overcast skies. I was reading a preview article in their local paper- we’ve not scored a TD there in the last 3 matchups.

I think we need to score a TD if we want to win
  • movielover
    I predict the more TDs we score, the better chance we have of winning. :nerd: Regardless of TOP.

Another 'biggest game'? ... A victory here is a major claim for the postseason.

** BTW, Jay Hill interview stressed the possibility of up to 27 FB games in one year, highlighting the importance of bringing young players into the mix.
  • Zander
    I am reminded of the San Diego State-Weber game where SDSU won 6-0 on FGs. This was an FBS team that beat UCLA the next week.

Weber's defense is terrifying.
  • agalum

They're tough against the run, vulnerable through the air.
  • movielover
    I'd love to see the tempo we unleashed on the Spartans in San Jose.
  • NCagalum
    don’t know but that sounds possible. So the year status doesn’t roll over this fall? If that is the case fall 2020/spring 2012/fall 2031no change of status for anyone?
  • CA Forever
    Game day! Let's go Ags!
  • movielover
    Our new coordinators have a BIG test today.

Go Ags!
  • SloStang
    I really wish the Big Sky would have taken advantage of the FCS being the only football this spring and staggered the start times of the games more so more people could see more Big Sky games. As it is I will have Cal Poly/SUU on the big screen and Davis/Weber State on the tablet. Will switch to EWU/ISU at 3:00 pm.

Good luck today in Ogden.
  • DrMike
    this spring, same as last fall for FBS, is a freebie eligibility wise
  • NCagalum
    Missouri Valley is the same. It makes sense that most folks want day games, and hence overlap. Could argue a dome would lessen the desire for a day game.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!