• cmt
    Ballgame!

5-0.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Nice win!
  • AggieFinn
    Welcome back Devon King!
  • CA Forever
    I'll give Idaho credit. They were tough. Had us stumped in the first half.
  • movielover
    In his defense, he thought he might get a 2nd FG and only be down 1. s/
  • AggieFinn
    Hastings did enough, tough 1st start for him, but he's young, great experience.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    That is super cool! Sadly I was wearing my Cal hat since I had thought about watching that game at the Coug in Pullman after the market but went home instead. Yeah I moved to Lewiston last year from W WA but we bought a house in Garfield County so we live on WA side now.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Idaho Ag, we'll have to meet up at the EWU game next year. I think it is in Nov.
  • Idaho Aggie
    Go Ags! I wasn't rooting against the Vandals so much as rooting for my alma mater. I owe a lot to UI, and it's strange to watch these games. One of my Aggie Rugby buddies asked me who I was rooting for, and I told him 'Aggies Always.'

I also went to Sac State, and I never would have gotten into law school if I hadn't gone to Sac, gotten my grades up, and become a better student. But I never root for them!
  • Toke69
    What a great game. Ags give up 487 yards and pull it out. Those last two touchdowns were historic.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Absolutely. I totally understand that. While I cheer for Cal (hometown team) and my Alma Mater, Davis, I have a lot of love for WSU and UI since I want to take my 5 year old to see local teams.

But NEVER cheer for Sac State.
  • cmt
    Haha.

FG
    Get a stop
    FG
    Onside kick recovery
    FG to win by 2!

It really is hard to express how bad of a decision that was there. But you know, Petrino's aren't exactly known for making good decisions, on or off the field!
  • Idaho Aggie
    I'll message you from here as it gets closer. I met an Aggie from OR who came up for an EWU game a few years ago, and I'll see if he's coming up next year. Where do you live in WA?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Louisville would agree with you, CMT
  • movielover
    Wake up call, can't take anyone lightly.
  • quadshock
    I wonder how this game would've looked with HR at QB. But I absolutely loved that fourth quarter, what a game
  • movielover
    Defense - tackles

Venable, Buchanan, Hansen - 8
    Cloyd, Perryman, Duncan, Rodgers - 5
    Budgett - 4
  • MTBAggie
    it doesn't really matter. We were able to give an additional week of recovery and still get the W. Moving forward, he can probably sit another week or two and we'll be fine.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Can anyone rationalize that decision to kick a fg? What is the thought process? I just don't get it.
  • CA Forever
    Well some of my observations

Offense:
    - Miles played... just okay. It was his first start and against a team that isn't bad by any means. He was sailing some balls which you can't do at this level. They absolutely will get picked. He had 1 and had a couple more that were close.
    - My belief in Trent Tompkins was absolutely confirmed. He was the turning factor in this game. The defense became so hyper focused on him it allowed his easy TD pass and then Carson's pass to Castles (which was an astounding catch btw). He is just too good to leave off the field and I wish we would have used him more against Weber.
    - Offensive line had it's hands full today with Idaho's front 7.

Defense:
    - Bend don't break mentality. They gave up yards, but they came up with critical 4th down stops and turnovers when it mattered most. They had a tough time with the run today. Gave up the long TD on the first drive of the game and Cummings was averaging over 8 per rush.
    - Switching to the blitz really seemed to throw Beaudry for a loop in the 2nd half.
    - The streak of keeping opponents scoreless in the 4th quarter stays alive.

Special Teams:
    - Whelan is a beast as always
    - Good bounce back game for Gomez. Hit all of his kicks.
    - Blocking kicks is always a good thing and we got 2 of them.

Idaho:
    - As a whole, they put out a better product than I was expecting. Beaudry wasn't terrible although I wouldn't say fantastic by any means. They have a stud in that Cummings guy. Runs extremely hard and is tough to bring down.
    - Petrino is a moron and I feel bad that Idaho fans have had to deal with this guy for so long. Going for a FG on 4th and short when you're down by 7 and basically out of timeouts... what's your plan there even if you make the kick? Bonehead coaching.
  • AggieFinn

Nobody likes Sac State very much...not even Sac State alums.

A little disappointed that Tubs at the Club isn't having an aftergame drunk analysis. I loved that last spring.
  • 69aggie
    So nobody doubts: TT won the game! He has to be our
    MAGIC man! I just love this guy. . . .
  • movielover
    We couldn't stop 5'8" Cummings or their 3-headed beast QB system. TT needs more PT, why not split TT & HR?

I think our play calling is still sometimes odd, like 3 midrange difficult passes in a row, or repetitively throwing the little dump off to Gilliam. Some options possibly limited if we were using TEs to help protect our QB tonight bc of their line.
  • Toke69
    Baseball Dobbins: My guess is that he figured that he could get 3 points on the board and they could win if they got another touchdown. Idaho did need two scores to win in regulation and the way his team was moving the ball, he gambled on the field goal and that his team could stop us once and score the game winner. Of course, he didn't expect to get the kick blocked and on Magic.
  • 88Aggie
    Hastings got a solid shot, but it seems he is not quite ready. Needs more time to learn how to read the defense and make quicker decisions. Trent sure made a case for giving him a shot. Will be a tough call for Hawkins on who to start next week: Rodrigues, if healthy or Tomkins. The only possible issue with Tomkins is if he is in there all the time, his running could become predictable and the defense could start to shut it down. He didn't throw any passes longer than 15 yards, and a few were a little shaky but made their way to the target. Really hard to keep that guy off the field. I feel good when he is in there and have great confidence that he will make things happen.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Some thoughts:

-Hastings did pretty well considering it was his first start.
    -The defense bent but didn't break and came up big with the blocked FG and the INT.
    -We gave up nearly 500 yards...glad we weren't playing EWU...I think they would have torched us.
    -TT ignited the turnaround...we were looking flat on offense and we needed a momentum swing in a big way and he provided it.
    -There's no quit in this team...they've won 3 hard fought, close games this year.
    -We need to forget the rankings and just focus on the next opponent.
    -It was great to see the crowd get off their fannies and make some noise to help motivate the team. The crowd was great in the 4th quarter and, believe me, they hear us and it makes a difference. Momentum is huge in the tough games.
    I fear that the students won't show up without a stampede at our next home game though...
    -This game was a war...nothing was easy and, yet, we found a way to win. 5-0 baby!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!